[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Urban Carhartt

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (147KB, 940x627px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
147KB, 940x627px
Is wearing Carhartt hip and cool?
>>
>>11466949
Why yes, anon from 2012. It is.
>>
>>11466949
I think they have some nice jackets - not exactly high fashion
>>
File: image.jpg (111KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
111KB, 1000x563px
>>11467163
agreed, some of the jackets look good in skate/slacker core fits. Their beanies can be nice too
>>
The hat is the only shit part about that fit.
>>
>>11466949

1) Carhartt first got inducted to die Modewelt via European skaters, who presumably were just after it because it's tough and American.

2) Hi-low combinations work because they suggest you're the supremely autonomous, interesting person: you have the money to spill out for fancy stuff, that you're "freer and less terrified" to wear the potentially outré, and that you CBF to worry anyway because you're doing something interesting demanding the low gear.

3) Related to #1 and #2, Carhartt gear is generally thoughtfully designed and good quality for its price point in North America. In Europe, crossing the border makes it expensive and therefore more of a covet item, hence why EU skaters were the ones to fashion it up.

4) In recent but not too recent years, it blew up because people started wearing it in emulation of and to suggest #2 without any reason to back it up.

Don't be that person. Be the person who actually is #2. You probably wouldn't be asking if you actually were and had some real reason to wear Carhartt, but you might just be internally neurotic and venting it on 4chan.
>>
Mexican and working trash brand here in USA. Go to for Midwestern alcoholic dads
>>
>>11469032
lmao do people actually think this analytically about clothes
>>
>>11469724

It goes deeper than that, anon.

---

Its cheap, the plain stuff is usually nice. I have some quite nice WIP beachwear.

Works best if a discrete aspect of clothing, nobody should be saying 'oh is that this season Carhartt', it should be complimentary.
>>
>>11466949
Carhartt jackets are tough to pull off, if it's new you risk looking like a hipster ass hole and if it's old you risk looking poor
>>
>>11470629
looking poor is the new looking rich. You loser.
>>
>>11466949
Being a poser is never cool, and that's exactly what you are when you wear "work" clothes without doing anything that necessitates wearing them.
>>
I like the pants, good fits and they have held up really well
>>
>>11469724

my brother, you're in a fashion forum on the internet
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.