[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Winter clothes Australian here, planning on going to work in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

Winter clothes

Australian here, planning on going to work in japan for the ski season but since snow is a fucking far sight down under

Red pill me on winter clothing that doesn't make me look like a fucking marshmallow
>>
File: 1385435743296.jpg (106KB, 497x750px) Image search: [Google]
1385435743296.jpg
106KB, 497x750px
kill yourself
nah have fun in japan man
>>
get some nice waterproof boots with a thick grippy rubbery sole and wear whatever the fuck you want appropriate to weather
you don't have to look like a marshmallow, multiple thin layers hold you warm, it doesn't even get that cold in japan
>>
>>11456665
>Australian, Northern Queensland
>10 degrees Celsius is cold to me dude
>>
if it's below -30C, just don't go outside, your eyes dry up, moisture in the nose freezes up so you can't breathe, exposed skin gets badly damaged within minutes
if you have to be out all day in -15, wear thermal undies under thicker jeans and 2-3 top layers and a comfy coat with a scarf
big fat heavy overcoats are uncomfortable and too hot, you don't want to be sweating, get a coat with some light padding and/or a warm liner, woolen coats like in your pic are perfectly fine too
if it's around -10, it's not even cold, wear whatever you want under your coat
>>
>>11456577
Just go to uniqlo n buy shit there,their clothes are literally made for the japanese climate.
I was in Japan last year for a couple months (also australian; melbourne) and I didn't need to go particularly overboard in rugging myself up, just wore a jacket, thin merino sweater & good thermals under everything. Also make sure you're buying natural fiber products if you're wanting to stay warm.
>>
>>11456577
K-Mart, Target, Big W, Lowes.
>>
>>11456577

G'day mate, just wondering what you'll be doing in Japan exactly, I could use a working holiday and have always wanted to go.

Also I'd invest in an alpha industries bomber jacket if you like bombers, warm as hell and super lightweight so you can still layer underneath and not feel like Ned Kelly.
>>
if its below -10 degrees
-woolen underwear pants and woolen pullover
-dont wear jeans get some nice

fuck i just read you werent going to be skiing so fuck me just wear nice shoes and jeans but thicccc jackety
>>
Australian here, was in NYC last winter

Basically what I wore was
>beanie
>t-shirt
>sweater
>pea coat
>jeans
>socks
>shoes
>gloves
>scarf

and then you take it all off when you get inside :^)

got most of it from yd/roger david
>>
>>11456795
note; the temperature ranged from +10 ---> -13 while i was there
>>
>>11456752
>Hahaha ned Kelly
And hoping to do rental tech at a ski resort, if not that a lift operator or barman
>>
>>11456577
It's all layers.

Just wear thermals and you will be fine.
>>
>>11456577
Cunt, it's snowing outside of Sydney right now. From Katoomba out to Orange in the Central West.
>>
Aus/fa/g here who worked a season in Japan in Hokkaido

Thick socks
Thermal layers
Good windproof, insulated jacket - I just wore my snowboarding jacket everywhere

Once I was there, function took priority over form pretty much straight away
>>
Wool mate. fuck synthetic shit breaths better and comfy
>>
>>11458342
I said later I'm from Northwest Queensland, it's 7-9 in the mornings here and it's cold asf to me
>>
>>11456795
>yd/roger david
Get
Fucked
>>
>>11458932
What's wrong with yd and Roger David?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.