[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

anyone here cut their own hair?`

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: 24495-1.jpg (49KB, 650x488px) Image search: [Google]
24495-1.jpg
49KB, 650x488px
any tips or strategies that you use?
>>
File: image.jpg (66KB, 359x444px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66KB, 359x444px
>>11450735
I do, but I have long hair/girl. My cut is very simplistic and sraight.
I just cut the ends straight across without layering.
After cutting, I dry it/ use Paul Mitchell hair protectant spray and straighten my hair Very geometric style that I like.

Pic related
>>
File: Jackson_hair.png (159KB, 525x756px) Image search: [Google]
Jackson_hair.png
159KB, 525x756px
I've been cutting my hair since 2009. Get used to failing... a lot. You'll get used to doing it and build some muscle memmory.

what I use;
>hand mirror
>wall miror
>barber scissors (shears)
>thinning scissor
>straight razor (for texturing)
>beard razor (contouring)
>beard trimmer
>hair clips
>comb
>after shave lotion

I get compliments plenty on my always fresh faded undercut (pic related). It also helps if you have Asian hair ofcourse.
>>
> Get used to failing... a lot. You'll get used to doing it and build some muscle memmory.

This.
Take your time before doing anything to imagine what shape you are going for and plan ahead. Don't cut your shit like you'd cut grass, it doesn't work this way: go from neck to top shortening layer by layer, do details next. Also, yt is your friend.
It takes some practice and occasional unplanned failures, but eventually you'll get it.
>>
File: tfw.png (707KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
tfw.png
707KB, 1440x810px
welp I fucked my hair up. that wasn't a good idea
>>
>>11450815
Can I use a regular Wahl hair clipper for a double zero or would I need a trimmer?
>>
ALWAYS be aware of where your hair is and where the clippers are.

NEVER try to rush yourself.
>>
File: 0627162020.jpg (136KB, 1468x732px) Image search: [Google]
0627162020.jpg
136KB, 1468x732px
Hey guys, I'm not sure if this is the proper thread/board to ask this but I was wondering if i'm beginning to go bald or I just have a mature hairline?
>>
>>11451782
Not sure if its the angle, but natural unevenness of the hairline is a sure sign of male pattern balding.
>>
>>11451864
Thanks for the info, yeah my camera has shit res, well i will find a way to fix this or well prevent even more,
>>
i buzz myself with a no. 2 guard all throughout if that counts
>>
>>11451556
Wahl hair clipper is fine.
>>
>>11451864
What does that mean? Like one side is higher than the other?
>>
I've cut my hair myself for a few years now.

>Make sure you aren't in a rush.
>You can always cut more but you can't make the hair from the sink come back to your head.
>You'll fuck up, guaranteed.
>If you keep at it, one day your cut is so fresh that the fuck up(s) fade from collective memory.
>If something seems wrong (a line doesn't look straight but it should be straight, a fade seems uneven or what the fuck ever) it probably is wrong. Trust your instincts.
>>
Anyone have tips for cutting in a bowl cut. Right now i dont have the length, but im not exactly sure what is the best way to length the top.
I.e. is it really long on the center top and gets gradually shorted toward the outer ring of the top?
>>
>>11453574
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-AF_kiAvkE
>>
Been buzzing from a few months. Because of work and OCD. I buzz my hair down to 0. But growing them up now.
Before that, used to give myself undercut using a Philip trimmer and a handheld mirror. I started doing that because I always was dissatisfied with the barbers no matter how good they were, they always left some shit either uneven or just fucked up.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.