[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So where does /fa/ buy their clothes? What store/website do you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 9

File: 178189.jpg (17KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
178189.jpg
17KB, 400x400px
So where does /fa/ buy their clothes? What store/website do you buy from the most?

I've been shopping a lot at H&M recently and found a lot of their clothes fit me quite well.
>>
If this is bait then haha funny, if it's not I recommend staying away from h&m. Quality is bad for the price and clothes will lose shape after 1 or 2 washes.
>>
>>11401353
lurk moar faggot
>>
>>11401353
H&M is honestly shit. If you want cheap clothes just go to a thrift store.
>>
>>11401357
>2016
>being this elitist
>>
>>11401358
>go to thrift store
>buy pre-worn sweaty warped H&M clothing
>spend $6.37 to look even worse than you did before
>>
>>11401353
Uniqlo
Urban Outfitters
Gap
Old Navy
Burberry
>>
>>11401368
Are you a middle-aged working mom ?
>>
>>11401355
Genuinly not bait. I've found my clothes have actually kept shape. Mind you I just buy t shirts and pants from here. Thrift stores near me suck shit cause they're all built around low income housing so there's never anything good. What would you recommend?
>>
>>11401381
Ment to add >>11401358 about the Thrift stores
>>
>>11401381
As you learn more about fashion, you'll learn how H&M is horrible and basically noob bait. Also, they use shit materials.
>>
>>11401386
Good to know. What would you recommend this suburban Canadian boy?
>>
>>11401355
>clothes will lose shape after 1 or 2 washes

Is this a meme? I've got plenty of shirts from HM, and they're holding nicely. Maybe because they're from the LOGG line.
>>
>>11401376
Are you a retard?
>>
>>11401366
Where the fuck do you live that you're only able to thrift H&M I'm able to thrift crazy Ralph
>>
>>11401400
Stop poor boy.
>>
>>11401353
Lmao H&M, what are you, 15?
Try burberry or Dolce
>>
Jesus this whole fcking thread
PSA: IF YOURE NEW LURK BEFORE YOU POST
>>
rick owens
raf simons
>>
yeah h&m is shitty but if you actually follow the washing instructions any divided tee is gonna last you like at least a year. if youre just getting into fashion and want to play around and find a style, h&m is your best bet. new effay kids should totally go drop $200 at an h&m for an entirely new wardrobe of basics that look decent, even if the materials and construction arent great, instead of on a single rick tee that you might not even end up liking six months later

the only thing id say is honestly super shit are their shoes. never buy h&m shoes
>>
>>11401353
rick, etc etc
>>
>>11401437
Ya I've found the shoes are garbage. Happy I only ever bought one pair.
>>
>>11401412
Are there stores in Canada? Sorry my new/fa/g is showing
Lurk more etc
>>
H&M is good for the price. Why would anybody expect to get selvage 500oz raw denim with buttons made from ground walrus balls for 20 bucks. The clothes hold up just well if you don't wash them on too hot and hang dry. The biggest limiting factor with H&M is that the cuts and materials are really basic. Also don't buy anything with prints on them because they're instantly recognizable as HM.
>>
>>11401353
H&M is ruthless I have bought some shit there like square pockets and bow ties (with liberty fabrics) and once a month I go and lurk around, And I see McQueen Blazers, Givenchi sweaters, I mean... this is a ruthless copycats fuckers... Also the socks are shit, back actuality and last 3 months at most. My country had the first H&M in latin america (peru)
>>
>>11401361
This isn't a hugbox in which you get spoonfed everything you want to know
>>
>>11401353
APC, APC, and APC
>>
>>11401386
>Noob bait
>Fashion noobs lol XD

How old are, 12?
>>
90% of my garment is from thrift shops. I am really lucky that I live in a second world country and the prices at most thrift shops are usually between $0.25-$25, plus I have my personal tailor that can modify pretty much anything for like $5. My latest cop was a vintage versace jean couture shirt from the 90s for less than $5. I appreciate raf and rick as much as the next guy but I rather fuck a HIV infected mule than spend $1200 on a pair of shoes.
>>
>>11401361
he implied that if he did actually lurk more he would know that H&M is shit quality goods for a huge relative price
>durr elitist much?
he's not elitist in any way, you are simply offended by the littlest things
>>
>>11403086
this
thrift shops are way underrated, and I think they can help develop a style way better than pricey designerwear
>>
>>11403086
>second world country
How's Khrushchev treating you?
>>
>>11403138
My thrift shop bros, rejoice, I've found some of the coolest shit at thrift stores. Don't go to to Goodwill though, they auction off anything halfway decent and leave crumbs for the customers.
>>
File: 1465757183937s.jpg (4KB, 125x124px) Image search: [Google]
1465757183937s.jpg
4KB, 125x124px
>>11403205
Better than how Kony is treating you lad
>>
>>11403241
heh
>>
File: 1465849943975.png (26KB, 396x400px) Image search: [Google]
1465849943975.png
26KB, 396x400px
I buy a lot of different things from thrift stores (there's a lot in my area).

I own my own sewing machine and I tailor/modify clothes more to my liking. It's bretty great, and cheap. There's a lot of good things you can find at thrift stores if you know how to look. I wouldn't recommend goodwill because they're usually pricier, and instead look for a locally owned thrift store. But even then it's not that expensive desu
>>
>>11403241
>>11403283
i don't get it
>>
>>11403135
seven dollars for a tee is not a huge relative price

h&m is great for basics, especially if you dont know exactly what you're looking for
>>
>zara
>benetton
>levis
>mango
>ralph lauren
>tommy hilfiger
and many more meme brands
>>
>>11403291
Hate all you want on the typical Fred Perry 'lad' look but you can't fault a vintage 1980's for £7, still in good condition too.
>>
>>11401381
Wow you formed a genuine opinion of stuff you buy rather than listening to these cucks who squirt when they hear tbe quality but don't actually know what it means or how to find it. While I will conceit that most h&m stuff is pretty crappy it's not nearly as bad as people on /fa/ says is. It won't literally fall apart after the first wash. Keep on forming your own opinions and looking at other (admittedly better) options and you will be more effay than these sheople /fa/ggots in no time
>>
I hate my Ralph Lauren polos

What do you niggers buy?
>>
>>11403572
i honestly think most of effay have no idea how to properly wash their clothes

follow the instructions guys, ive had some h&m shirts for like two years and theyre still in great shape
>>
>>11401400
You have no standards
>>
>>11403579
lacoste
>>
>>11401381
Lurking more, finding your own style. Get a grailed account, even if you're not buying anything its a great way to expand your knowledge on garments.

Plain shirts from h&m might be a little bit better than their other stuff (still shit tier) but defenitely dont but any pants or stuff with graphics on it.

Also if you want to genuinly dress nice, be prepared to cash out. You'll need to begin buying high quality basics first before even thinking about buying anything designer.

Do what you wish with my advice, but be prepared to regret it later if you're not going to follow it. Me and many others had to go through this phase. I got the advice and partly ignored it. Cost me alot of dollaroos and frustration.

Good luck faggot!
>>
>>11403583
2 years is not a long span for a t shirt fyi.
>>
>>11401353
I go to stores like H&M to see what ladm8 fuccbois aspire to wear.
>>
>>11401455
It is NOT good for the price, you can find pieces that cost 2 times as much money that will last you 5 times longer.
>>
normally Topman, I'm a menswear marauder

also I like to search charity shops
>>
>>11403622
lmao dude its long as fuck for a comfortable shirt in a delicate material with a fashionable cut that cost ten bucks
>>
>>11403630

such as
>>
If you shop at H&M you are NOT fashionable at all. If you can't afford clothing, you would thrift. If you need basics, you would buy standard brands.

Everything from H&M is deplorable and entirely laughable. I wouldn't even buy socks from there.
>>
>>11401353
lol H&M, please leave
>>
>>11403772

you wrong, they are a lot of good things to find in hm specially their new lines "premium" and "studio"
>>
>>11403772
wrong
having your own style is not fashionable
fashion is trends by definition
>>
>>11403772
thrifting is disgusting Im not wearing hand me downs. hm is a standard brand you autist.
>>
>>11403572
The only reason anyone says it's shitty is cause all the /fa/g on this board can't do their own laundry/don't read tags. I also don't have fuckin $2000 kicking around for a jacket since I'm saving to go to school. H&M is comfy and at least has enough in it and most things at a decent price that I can look good and still save for school with out having to bust my ass doing overtime.
>>
>>11403616
Thanks muchacho
>>
zara
end
dsm
opening ceremony
>>
>>11402929
>peru
>fa
>>
>>11401376
Kek. Don't agree with UO, though. That's more Tumblr-core.
>>
Rick Owens for shoes
Walmart for everything else
>>
>>11403742
Even most uniqlo stuff will hold up at least twice as long and uniqlo is even cheaper than h&m. I think that says enough.
>>
>>11403712
Care to show a picture of your t shirt that is holding up so nice and has a "fashionable" cut? Genuinly curious.
>>
>>11403772
Don't listen to the h&m loving faggots that replied to you. You are absolutely right.
>>11404246
You are a fucking idiot, ofcourse he realizes fashion is built on trends. That does not mean h&m is following current trends, they are milking trends from 4 years ago. Also not havi ng your own style is not fashionable? Fuck off dude.
>>
>>11404294
Wear whatever you feel comfy by. Noone is forcing you to buy designer, but just remember you are on a fashion board, you are not fashionable. Its like saying mac donalds is delicacy to a chef.
>>
File: IMG_20160615_014713.jpg (1MB, 2160x3840px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160615_014713.jpg
1MB, 2160x3840px
>>11405106
yeah man, got this one almost two years ago and its pilled a bit but its nowhere near the tatters effay told me it would be by now

looking for my old fit pic w it rn
>>
>>11405106
>>11405134
and heres how it fits, ignore meme necklace and shoes pls it was a long time ago
>>
File: IMG_20160602_210908.jpg (422KB, 1564x1564px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160602_210908.jpg
422KB, 1564x1564px
>>11405106
also two weeks ago i bought this shirt which is honestly not garbage at all imo, the material is decent and it was ten dollars
>>
File: IMG_20160606_195452.jpg (581KB, 1564x1564px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160606_195452.jpg
581KB, 1564x1564px
>>11405106
one more for good measure, the hoodie in this pic was $16 and like two people asked me w2c when i posted in the waywt bc the material and cut looked nice (which they are imo, not like rick levels of nice obviously, but fucking fantastic for the price)
>>
>>11405151
>>11405146
>>11405138
can definitely tell you're an h&m shopper ;D
>>
>>11405118
Ah ye that makes sense. At least I look good
>>
>>11403086
personal tailor? what the fuck kind of second world do you live in?
>>
>>11401400

I have LOGG pants and GBE fucking pockets keep tearing up. You have no idea how frustrating it is to he talking with someone and to feel your phone slide down your leg.
>>
>>11405118
>Its like saying mac donalds is delicacy to a chef

/fa/ users are more close to "foodies" than chefs
>>
>>11401386
Shia laboeuf is wearing H&M clothes all the time, like jeans and pants and there is always a thread about him on /fa/ but /fa/ people will tell you to stay away from H&M. i don't understand.
>>
>>11406929
I never refered to anons as chefs though. Honestly it's a fucking meme now, but this board is so lq. I think 1% of the posts here actually contain some value, all the sneaker and waywtd threads are actual cancer (theres a pretty ok high end sneaker thread up rn). It has been like this since ive been here, but when I began visiting /fa/ i was an absolute pleb. I aslo made the mistake of thinking h&m was ok. So I just try to help anons like Op by posting my experiences, and hopefully we will all get there some day :)
>>
>>11407039
In my opinion Shia is not effay. Idk and dc about the lifestyle aspect of him, but I don't like the way he dresses. Also please dont buy a patagonia fleece and sfb's. You will look like a clown.
>>
>>11405151
w2c that eva T
>>
>>11401353
I'm in the midst of losing weight and getting into better shape. I don't expect anything I'm wearing now to fit me next season, so I buy from wherever I can find stuff cheap. Including, occasionally, H&M. I'm aware their quality is shitty, but I don't need the clothes to last long enough for it to matter.
>>
File: burberry.jpg (873KB, 1914x969px) Image search: [Google]
burberry.jpg
873KB, 1914x969px
>>11401368
>Burberry

Truly the choice of patricians.
>>
>>11407451
its radioeva, i got it at the evangelion store in ikebukuro but their webstore probably still has some in stock

standard super boxy supreme fit
>>
I have 2 pairs of jeans I regularly wear, I don't know the names of the washes, but a pair of dark blue levi 511's, and a black pair of slim low waists from H&M

I wear the black pair from H&M the most and it fits perfectly, i've actually gotten compliments on my jeans which is weird because pants usually stand out the least in outfits.

The quality is fine so far, i've had them for about 7 months and a lot of wear but the quality hasn't faded. The button up fly is a little annoying but i'm used to it, and there's less to go wrong with it than a zipper fly.

I can't justify spending the money on a pair of APC / Naked / Acne personally, I don't know if i'd be able to tell a noticeable difference in quality for the price along with not really liking any of the washes
>>
>>11401353
http://store.vie-riche.com/
>>
>>11401437
uniqlo is way better for this kind of thing. h&m only trend-hops and they hop on a year late usually.
>>
>>11405159
He posted like 3 fits that are better than a good 70% of WAYWT. I don't think you can talk shit without posting a fit that will show us that you're definitely not a 'h&m shopper'
>>
>>11401407
I hope you realise your experience is more an anomaly than theirs.

Thrifting depends on donations from the local area, and far more people live somewhere where that translates to worn out mall tier than anything else
>>
>>11406929
/fa/ users are more close to those instagram "chefs" who wank over their bacon and cheese and store bought pastry creations because they used gruyere and thinks it makes them look like they know what they're talking about than foodies or chefs.
>>
>>11401437
I always buy my shoes at hm. The cheapest ones for 15$. But I skate alot and I've found that no matter what shoes I buy, genuine skating shoes for 200$ also break, though they last longer. Might as well buy plenty of backup shoes instead.
>>
charity shops and ebay all day every day. the amount of designer stuff i've copped for less than £20 is unbelievable so long as you're looking in the right areas at the right time
>>
I stopped buying tshirts of low quality in stores such as h&m, no matter how cheap. It shrinks after 2 washings. 50 dollars for a tshirt isnt some ignorant bitch shit, some lasted me a fucking long time.
>>
The h&m and mall tier debate is so dumb. Most of the stuff at these stores is uninspiring and badly made, as well as being bad value, but of course there will be a few items that are worth getting or are good value and are actually made well.
I find it is the same with the hugher end brands, and charity stores, most stuff is junk or overpriced or shittily made. A true /fa/shionista has the skill of being able to sort the wheat from the chaff and find timeless well made interesting pieces at good prices.
/fa/shion is like art, and many of the most important pieces of art were originally sold for cery low prices and the genral public took no notice of them.
Same with food, craftsman or literally any other job which means you use your imagination to create something.
>>
Where to buy basics cheap and online?
>>
>>11408655
tru tru but theres no uniqlos in colorado

>>11409421
thanks m8

>>11409464
fair enough

>>11409561
learn to do ur fuckin laundry right buddy

>>11409562
wow a reasonable poster in an h&m thread
>>
>>11407894

That's the shit you're not supposed to buy. Take a look at their coats
>>
>>11401358
>used clothing

stop being poor
>>
>>11401361
It's not being elitist to encourage finding out the answers to your questions yourself, if you do you become more patrician over time, it also keeps stupid ass threads like this from being started,
>>
File: 1463933163605.jpg (32KB, 400x344px) Image search: [Google]
1463933163605.jpg
32KB, 400x344px
>go to thrift stores
>it's actually full of poor people and the only clothes there are ill-fitting Walmart jeans
>>
Mr. Porter
Ssense
Barneys
Saks
J. Crew
Norse Projects

and siq thrift cops
>>
>>11409655
>learn to do ur fuckin laundry right buddy
valid point, but you just can't expect cheap and expensive material to be the same over the long run or even feel the same.
i'm a poorfag. i remember *once* having a tshirt that costed like 120$ and it was a different experience altogether. some materials just melt with the body perfectly and fits are impeccable and just well put together
>>
umm AA is way better than h&m
>>
>>11409908
The only t shirts at my local thrift store are old bootleg synthetic football shirts.
>>
>>11409916
how much money do you make in a year?
>>
>>11401355
I love h&m, I've been shopping there for 8+ years and have never had a problem with any of my pieces. Stay mad.
>>
>>11401376
Lold
>>11401406
Are you a tasteless basic neckbeard
>>
>itt: butthurt faggots telling other faggots what not to wear
Thread posts: 107
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.