[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

whats bad about wearing replicas? A good fake Rolex is still

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 9

File: speedmaster_replica.jpg (79KB, 440x330px) Image search: [Google]
speedmaster_replica.jpg
79KB, 440x330px
whats bad about wearing replicas?

A good fake Rolex is still a $1000 watch. You'd have to be staring at it a foot away to know, and the really good ones you'd have to be a jeweler to know and it would be by the movement only or the hard pieces to make like a 120 click bezel.

If it's for style.. then why does the quality matter.

I'd never buy replica speedmaster, but I still want one with a pepsi bezel.. the movement is the only complicated piece of engineering in a watch. Any good cnc machine could do the rest. And a good 3d printer can print the dial mold. If I don't care about the movement what difference does it make.
>>
most people don't give a fuck as long as you don't act like hot shit and pretend its real.
>>
Nothing. Just don't lie and say it's real. People on forums will go on about how you shouldn't buy replicas, but almost no one irl will give two shits.
>>
Its easy to spot its fake because the rest of your outfit will look cheap compared to your multi thousand dollar watch
>>
File: 1452651352725.png (2MB, 1716x1859px) Image search: [Google]
1452651352725.png
2MB, 1716x1859px
>spending thousands of dollars on a fucking watch in the first place
>>
>>11373763
>being poor
>>
>>11373707
>A good fake Rolex is still a $1000 watch.

then why is it fake? that's a fuckload of money. it could be its own brand and still be respectable, even more so.
>>
>>11373782
running around with a thousand dollars on your wrist is lunacy though. what gives? that's not a watch to wear and bang around. that's a watch you can place inside a safe and sell it for a shitload of cash if needed.

t. yuropoor with a 60 euro watch on my wrist that does its job well.
>>
It's easy to spot fakes, anon.

If the rest of your outfit is from ZARA / H&M, but you're wearing a $20,000 watch, it just doesn't add up. And you can say "but there are Rolex's for $5000!" Sure. But a Day-Date / non Submariner will easily set you back $15000+, even second hand

Same with people who buy replica clothes, like yeah it looks like you're wearing expensive shoes but why is your top from Target? Why are you wearing an $800 Hermes belt but you drive a Toyota?

Even if it's just a flash at a formal event, someone who genuinely enjoys that lifestyle and wealth will spot and ID whatever watch you're wearing like a hawk, and even if they can't tell that the watch is a fake, when they see you're wearing a $500 suit with a $20000 watch something is amiss and they'll look down on you as a person.

Either you have money or you don't, and it's FINE to not have money that's simply the way life is, but pretending to be a millionaire wearing knockoff luxury goods isn't going to hold up once someone gets to know you.

I've said it 10000 times and I'll say it again, fake things are for fake people. If you like Rolex styles (which honestly are pretty ugly imo) look at Tudor, it's Rolex's diffusion line, very similar style, very different price point.
>>
>>11373827
anyone who knows about watches is gonna spot a rolex, reselling fakes is not a great business idea
>>
>>11373870
*spot a fake rolex
>>
>>11373707
People who buy fakes just scream "IM POOR BUT PLS DON'T CALL ME THAT"
seriously if you can't afford it no big deal. don't make it worse by wearing a fake
because one day somebody will call you out and you're gonna be embarrassed.
go big or go home
>>
>>11373892
>because one day somebody will call you out
But what if you literally don't care and just want something for it's appearance?
>>
>>11373763
if you earn enough why not get one? it's something many people value because it often remind them of that they worked hard.
>>
>>11373919
you care
you can pretend you dont but you know you do, and everyone will know you do once you're called out
>>
>>11373951
But I don't care. I'm just curious as to why I shouldn't buy a replica, besides other people giving a fuck about what I buy.
>>
>>11373813

this
>>
it's just easy to spot a replica just because of the contrast with the other clothes?
>>
>>11373707
t h e r e i s a l r e a d y a w a t c h t h r e a d

sage
>>
>>11373993
There are so many different kinds of watches and you just so happen to like one that's a conspicuous status symbol which also holds value well? Be honest with yourself.
>>
>>11373993
wow, you don't care about people opinion, youre such a unique snowflake, like House!
>>
>>11374427
I haven't seen anything identical to the model I want, except for a crappy Invicta. If I had, I'd have bought one. The brand doesn't matter to me, but I really like the look. It's not Iike the explorer ii is iconic. Were you just assuming I wanted a submariner to flash around?

>>11374442
All I meant was I don't care if someone makes a snap judgement based on a watch I'm wearing. Project less.
>>
>>11374477
someone who wants to have a replica to show off clearly cares a lot about judgement
>>
>>11374482
>reading comprehension
>>
>>11374488
>self awareness
You're talking about jewelry, the most status-linked item in anyone's wardrobe. Saying you don't care what people think is pretty lame since it's a piece designed to draw attention.
>>
>>11373707
>A good fake Rolex is still a $1000 watch.
This is completely untrue.

If you are genuinely interested in a high end replica, join a replica watch forum. You're going to get duped thinking like that.
>>
>>11373707
Rolex owner here - any watch wearer/collector worth his salt can tell you are wearing a replica. Not putting you down (I have worn fakes before too) but just saying you will not fool everyone, and especially not those who own genuine mid/high end watches such as a Rolex.

Please don't spend 1000 on a fake, there are much better prices you can get. do this >>11374544
>>
baka
>>
don't buy a fucking replica don't fraud and act like it's legit
people do this shit everytime. then get butthurt when somebody finally notices its a fake

If you have confidence you can be straightforward and tell ppl it's fake because you're poor and can't afford the real thing.
>>
File: 1425170955201.jpg (197KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
1425170955201.jpg
197KB, 500x750px
>>11373853

I confirmed you don't know jack fucking shit on the third sentence.

My jeweler can get me a DJ for 2k and a 18k DD for 10k. You're just a broke cretin that thinks everybody buys watches retail.
>>
>>11375865
>he doesn't buy his watches brand new

xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
>>
>>11373853
Be more middle class.

I know lots of people with net worths north of $20M. For the most part, the men get their suits from Brooks Brothers and even Joseph A. Bank. They may have the odd high-end piece that they really love (John Lobb shoes, Patek Philippe watch) but not everyone with money spends a lot on flexing. The ones who do often seem tryhard.

Wearing real luxury goods like you take them seriously marks you as a wannabe as much as wearing fakes would.
>>
>>11375865
prices i gave were aud
>>
File: 1424549922931.jpg (24KB, 350x324px) Image search: [Google]
1424549922931.jpg
24KB, 350x324px
>>11375897

Well nobody actually matters in Australia, so this entire argument is moot
>>
File: 1464671770544.jpg (5KB, 300x153px) Image search: [Google]
1464671770544.jpg
5KB, 300x153px
>>11375903
hectic meme anon
>>
File: suits tf.png (1MB, 1145x1073px) Image search: [Google]
suits tf.png
1MB, 1145x1073px
>>11375906

Just sayin, there's a reason why 90% of news comes from the US and Europe. Nothing happens in Australia, there are no important people there, no prestigious universities, and no influential developments.

We sent the infidels there for a reason.
>>
File: REU-AUSTRALIA-ABORIGINES-32.jpg (362KB, 1200x818px) Image search: [Google]
REU-AUSTRALIA-ABORIGINES-32.jpg
362KB, 1200x818px
>>11375920
ay whoit cunt that be racist
>>
>>11375865
>My jeweler can get me a DJ for 2k and a 18k DD for 10k.
no AD will sell you a new Rolex below 20 or 30 percent below retail
>>
>>11375930
>stupid enough to go to an AD

Go buy from a trusted grey market dealer and be guaranteed 20% at minimum and sometimes even close to 40% off retail.
>>
>>11375930

I'm not talkin brand new, I'm talkin a late 2000's with the same movement and look as a 2016 model. It's just the smarter choice, even if you can afford a 2016 retail.
>>
>>11373853
I know plenty of people with expensive taste in watches who dress very modestly - me being one of them. Plenty of people I work with, and even my dad (who got me in to watches) will walk around in clothes they bought on sales at Macys while wearing a 10k+ dollar watch.

I'm not trying to defend fakes, just that people's clothes and other spending habits as a means to spot them isn't very reliable. Kind of like a Jay Leno type thing. Hugely expensive car collection, but walks around in a cowboy tuxedo and other cheap clothes. Lots of people like that out there.

I don't mean to talk down to you, but I think you'll find that people truly secure in their wealth are far less concerned with image than you are.
>>
>>11377898
but that's their choice, they're still rich but decide to wear modest clothes, a poor guy can't decide to have a rich guy lifestyle
>>
>>11377923
Yeah, that's true. Not really sure what that has to do with my point though. The fact that so many wealthy people chose to not dress in expensive clothes makes judging people's watch based on their clothes unreliable. That's all I'm saying.

Based on most of his points, the poster I originally linked would be calling a lot of very well off people I know phonies.

>select storefront captcha is bullshit
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.