[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /fa/. I'm a guy trying to achieve minimalist's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 16

File: tumblr_mat7vxuqW91r67chuo1_500.jpg (94KB, 467x700px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mat7vxuqW91r67chuo1_500.jpg
94KB, 467x700px
Hey /fa/. I'm a guy trying to achieve minimalist's style through a monochrome color palette what stores should i shop to achieve this look?
>>
Cos, Acne Studios, and APC just to name a few.
>>
Any stores that sell the type of clothes you like in solid versions of the colors you like.
>>
Why? seriously why be so minimalist. Minimalism is the most unapproachable style. It doesn't tell you anything about the person, its so plain. Minimalism is designed to not be distracting and too eye catching but something orderly and focus orientated. Express yourself damn it. Fashion is an art right?

with that being said the store doesn't really matter. No matter what someone wears if they dont wear it with confidence i assume its low quality trash.
>>
lemaire, jil sander, og helmut lang, stephan schneider, damir doma, etc
dont listen to this >>11360632 meme
>>
>>11360645
Because i like it. Idk. You mentioned the orderly look of minimalism, and i think that's a aspect that draws me to the style so much. I like the symmetrical and simple silhouette the style brings.
>>
File: 1462742322719.jpg (191KB, 620x620px) Image search: [Google]
1462742322719.jpg
191KB, 620x620px
1. "Monochrome" isn't exclusively black and white. It includes greytones
2. All black or all white or restrictive to a minimal contrast palette (ie, earth tones or pale wave) is minimalist
3. Exclusively black AND white isn't minimalist. It's as maximalist as it gets. It's pure contrast. Does this fit look "minimalist" to you?

Minimalist =/ restrictive, you fucking idiot. You're so late to the trend you've gone beyond yuppie misinterpretation into misinterpreting the yuppie misinterpretation. kys
>>
>>11360677
Dude, seriously. Fuck off. I've never said minimalism was short of black/white. Plus, i like what i fucking like. I'm not trying to hop on some trend, or trying to look cool. I always forget this place is filled with arrogant assholes and know it alls who just want to condescending with giving little help or any at all.
>>
>>11360702
>I'm not trying to hop on some trend
yeah, you fucking are. if you were actually into the style, you'd already have designers in mind that work in the look and not have to ask /fa/ for stores that'll curate your looks for you

>blubbering baby
we're not here for you, faggot. lurk & learn or fuck off to reddit
>>
>>11360723
You don't even know me. I actually don't even follow fashion that much, and just solely look up things that I'm into. If minimalist is in now that's cool, because I wouldn't know and I don't really care. Like, seriously? Wtf is wrong with you people on here?
>>
File: issey-miyake_ss-1984-2.jpg (144KB, 450x397px) Image search: [Google]
issey-miyake_ss-1984-2.jpg
144KB, 450x397px
>>11360740
>I actually don't even follow fashion that much
so lurk, entitled brat
>>
>>11360749
Seriously fuck you guys. I think I am going to try Reddit.
>>
>>11360740
>>11360702
I love how earnestly assblasted you are right now
>>
>>11360702
The fuck you are doing here, whiny bitch?
>>
>>11360754
you got given answers before this autist stormed in
jesus christ, stop taking to heart so much
>>
>>11360677
lol an oldfag yuppie minimalist bashing a newfag minimalist-wannabe
>>
swecuck faggot store i have no identity and wear cheap uniqlo and second hand acne but it's minimalist so deep thick frame glasses and undercut and tumblr and fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck
>>
File: 1464503799761.png (1MB, 986x832px) Image search: [Google]
1464503799761.png
1MB, 986x832px
>>11360754
good riddance. also totokaelo.com has the meme fit shit you're looking for. if you're a girl, do the world a favor and shop at lagarconne

>>11360764
nigger I gave OP the most informative reply itt. she just broke down under the vitriol in the coda
>>
>>11360786
You keep on making these conceptions of me, and I still don't know what you're talking about. Here's my tumblr http://thescream93.tumblr.com/ does this look like meme shit to you?
>>
File: 1461562828242.gif (1011KB, 448x251px) Image search: [Google]
1461562828242.gif
1011KB, 448x251px
>>11360803
>lydia lunch avatar
>jesus & mary chain
>throbbing gristle
>david byrne
yes lol. you can't actually be 23. youve literally the taste of 16 yr old me. a tryhard version of me, I was still cooler than you then. I'd be posting arto lindsay and tomato du plenty, not fucking lydia lunch lmao

are you going through some quarter life crisis or something? reliving my teen years? I don't know what you're hoping to gain cause I wouldn't have talked to you even then, dork ass trendlord
>>
>>11360843
What's wrong with Lydia Lunch? Plus, I like Atro Lindsay too. Does it matter what age you are when you discover stuff? I'm actually 22, I need to change that.
>>
File: mauvais-sang.jpg (71KB, 553x500px) Image search: [Google]
mauvais-sang.jpg
71KB, 553x500px
>>11360852
>What's wrong with Lydia Lunch?
She's a hack and a shit person but that's besides the point. she's just lame to rep. you're trying to rep taste, you're doing a bad job. she was a kool kid and involved with kool people but she's such shallow trash, her film, her music, her writing.

>Does it matter what age you are when you discover stuff?
it's just retarded because you're too old to have such a basic understanding of the scene. & you're definitely old enough to know better than to brand yourself with it when you're so new to it. poser ass.

don't you know how to dig into music already? like why stop at throbbing gristle, if you actually enjoyed industrial, you'd dig deeper and find the niche that really hits you

some 16 yr old cuts for you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJQvy6g3ZfE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjmLgAywzyw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0h4tF6fKXPg

this is totally off topic now but your absurd attempt to rectify your reputation itt really just made you even more clearly a tool. I might waste nights drinking and picking fights on 4chan trying to forget shifty bitch women but at least I'll never be a fucking tool
>>
>>11360869
You're abosulety right, and this is something I've been coming to terms with. Disregard the fashion thing, I'm almost 23 and I have the personality of a teenager. I'm so insecure and depressed. Idk who I am, or what I want to do. I don't have much friends, and I'm also a social pariah. This is my life. This tumblr, the Internet, I have nothing else to live for right now.
>>
File: boy-meets-girl-1984-03-g.jpg (161KB, 1200x717px) Image search: [Google]
boy-meets-girl-1984-03-g.jpg
161KB, 1200x717px
>>11360886
>I have the personality of a teenager. I'm so insecure and depressed. I don't have much friends, and I'm also a social pariah.
2bh same. but I don't use tumblr. I think it's unhealthy for your mind. I'm worried indulging in pretentious bullying on the internet is a similarly unhealthy sport, I might need to stop. I think I'm getting too bitter and alienating myself further from friends I already have trouble respecting.

imo art is the only way out. girls and drugs will take you where you need to be but only art will get you out. that's why I don't feel bad tearing apart posers, especially poser artists I fucking hate them

but lately I just waste my time getting heartbroken, I haven't read a book in months. fuck women.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dHxy29Kca0

anyway there's a feels thread >>11358121
>>
>>11360922
No hard feelings man. There was some truth in that last post that I defintelty needed to hear. I decided to delete my tumblr and social media in general. I recently picked up the guitar, and I think I'm going to stick with that for a while. Also I'm probably just going to focus on finishing school too.
>>
>>11360922
Scott Walker is cool. Not too big of a fan of him, but I will definitively listen to him more. I'm mainly a Sonic Youth/ My Bloody Valentine fan along with the genres associated with those bands.
>>
>>11360947
that's funny, I was thinking about taking up the guitar again too. I started skating again this year after stopping in hs. but I feel like they're just idle distractions, but at least they're training a genuine skill and provide some social benefit on top of being fun

>No hard feelings man
lol I didn't apologize. but yea if it's not clear, I was just saying what I thought would trigger you. it comes from truth, sure, but put as sharp and ragged as possible. if my grade A bantz managed to touch you positively too, it still counts imo

>>11360957
yeah I've been getting back into him recently. he's got a pretty cool narrative, being an anti-sell out. haven't given his full solo discog a listen yet but been intending too pretty sure it's worth it.

I've been listening to a lot of classic shit I ignored as a kid. I felt some weird loyalty to beat happening over sonic youth, but Ive been listening to their stuff recently, along with stuff like Japan & iggy pop I never gave a real chance. though I don't think I'll ever like the fall or joy division

& I mean
the shadow ring is where it is
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ugp0q1cM6g

get their shit senpai. & the country teasers. whatever you can find. you might not like it just yet, but it'll click and get stuck with you
>>
>>11361001
Yeah, I'm just a insecure fag that needs to grow up and live life a little. I really didn't start getting into music into my late teens and I always beat myself up about this fact. Defintely struck a cord in me, because that's something I'm really sensitive about. I know Lydia is a shallow hag, but what she did along with other in that scene influenced the bands I love today. How old are you btw?
>>
File: 1463963942108.jpg (41KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1463963942108.jpg
41KB, 500x500px
>>11361049

I think I've invested too much in my tastes and interests. It turns out very few people care or respect it, even when they share the interest.

They're always happy to float around the surface, and if it's any deeper, it's only the level their overall friend circle has gotten; you having gone any deeper comes off as weird or pretentious. It was only recently that I realized normalfags treat art/media consumption socially, not personally. Except for the people with actual taste, of course. but you meet them and realize they're as lonely as you.

What I mean is, maybe it was for the best. It's personal gain with what you can draw out of the subject but it comes at a general social cost, depending on the person. Once you develop a sensitivity to a subject, it's often hard to engage it again on plebeian terms.
>>
>>11361093
(not the other guy, but...) I feel like I'm in a similar boat to you, I'm banking that when I go to University I'll be able to find people that care as much about taste or interests as me, but also people that are willing to discuss fashion and music as opposed to flaunting a new vinyl or buying into Anti Social Social club. I can see myself just forgetting and ignoring majority of people I know now to wipe my social slate clean.
>>
>>11361093
We're very similar in many ways. I had the same problem with people when discussing topics. I remember recently moving out to Houston I thought everyone who was involved in the art and punk scenes were going to have a in depth knowledge of the culture, but most people I ran into had a surface level understanding. I remember I saw this one chick who was dressed up as a goth from the Batcave. I asked her if she was a Banshees fan she didn't know who she was, or much of the goth subculture in general. I also realized the more I got into these interest the more I started to alienate myself from everyone else. I'm not a expert in any of these subjects I will admit, but I do honestly enjoy the art I consume.
>>
File: image175.jpg (1MB, 2172x3396px) Image search: [Google]
image175.jpg
1MB, 2172x3396px
>>11361116
hope you're in the arts or going to a big school, preferably both, you'll have to hunt a bit for them.

but I've found once you get a solid clique formed, if you're cool, normals will accept your values to be your friends and become sincere people themselves. too bad I left all my friends for a small, tech oriented uni in a culturally irrelevant city.

>>11361140
Yeah. Girls are definitely the worst about it. But the thing is that even if you meet someone who's also genuinely into it, by getting into it, they find their personal niche and so it's still hard to communicate with them, just in a different way.

The best thing is when you can share things between each other, just whatever you're getting into and know the other would be interested too, but I've only met two people where I had a relationship like that.

I don't know, I'm just not sure what's the point of caring about it anymore. I don't even really talk to anyone at shows anymore, I just go to find drugs and get messed up.

I'm tired of wasting my time on people who don't return anything back. It's just listening to gossip and them talking about themselves, no intellectual conversation at all. And wasting my time building a personal brand to be a cool kid and get girls and shit.

I've been thinking about just stop paying attention to people and focus purely on myself, consuming, producing, wearing what I want, and let everyone else decide whether they appreciate it or not. And if they do, they can work for my friendship.

It's already sort of what I've been doing, but I can't commit to it because I keep getting distracted trying to chase a girl. fucking hate women.
>>
>>11361172
yeah, i'm going to Central Saint Martins in London to do a Foundation.

Thanks for the advice, although I doubt there will be many 'normals' about, I still think you're right. I'll be living in London 5/6 days a week, so I'm also thinking if I don't manage to make friends, I can still go to galleries or exhibitions or go shopping on my own.
>>
File: 1462735404754.jpg (41KB, 675x900px) Image search: [Google]
1462735404754.jpg
41KB, 675x900px
>>11361223
Foundation?

Art school will be fun. Kids are cliquey and a lot of them are hacks but in general they appreciate shit and are competitive about finding new stuff so it's tolerable.

I regret not doing it, planned to for MFA but a BA is mostly for trendy rich kid's to screw around with in the US. it sounded more appealing to do a more technical degree but I didn't realize it'd be just boring, insecure middle class plebs who just joined uni because it was the thing to do.

don't forget London still has a solid techno/house scene from what I've heard
>>
you guys are fucking faggots.
>>
>>11361268
t. faggot
>>
>>11361259
http://www.arts.ac.uk/csm/courses/foundation/foundation-diploma-in-art-and-design/ hopefully that link works for you, it's a 1 year course that allows me to explore all avenues of Art and Design so that I can decide which BA I'm best at/most interested in.

Yeah I'm definitely excited about the competitive atmosphere, I think theres a couple hundred kids on the course in total. Oh, there's totally some rich kids there that will just fuck around, but there's also groups of middle class/working class kids that are there to work hard and actually make a foothold in the industry. I made a u-turn when I was 16 from doing sciences to more arts and humanities subjects, if I hadn't of found art I'd probably be doing science/technology degrees like my older siblings.

That's the other thing I'm excited about, have you seen Vice's recent documentary on the rave scene in the UK?
>>
>>11360645
>Fashion is an art right?
Art can be minimalistic
>>
>>11361299
>it's a 1 year course that allows me to explore all avenues of Art and Design so that I can decide which BA I'm best at/most interested in.
Ah that's cool. do film

>That's the other thing I'm excited about, have you seen Vice's recent documentary on the rave scene in the UK?
eh no there's just been some really hot labels out of london recently and few legendary club nights like luckypdf. actually I shit talked i-d earlier today >>11359779

what I do when I'm staying in a new city I don't know anyone at is check resident advisor for events and hunt down any venue that seems to have solid taste putting on relevant underground shit. for example, I know moth club is playing CFCF & Torn hawk in hackney tn.

then you go & just meet one scene kid, get their fb, and if you're lucky, they'll be the type to set themselves "go" to all the local fb events, plus you can find more in the recommended events. you know hit it good when you gotta msg the host 4 address. that's it.

pro-tip: smoke cigarettes if you want to meet people

it's pretty stupid how easy it is 2bh. not every city's scene uses fb events though, detroit for example. you legit need to know people as far as I know, I don't know any so idk
>>
>>11361223
>L O N D O N

>tfw no /fa/ friends in London.

Besides that. To OP: This bored is full of a bunch of pretentious losers, so your chances of getting decent help is low. Someone posted a bunch of brands designers in the first few replies so check them. Other than that, research, check inspo and build your style. These people are irrelevant, they font even make up a whole percentage number of the population and their claims of "muh trend hopping" are irrelevant. Do you man. Do you.
>>
>>11361342
>do film
film's definitely an interest, I haven't made anything in a few months as I've had exams but I make a couple short installation-style films now and then.

http://georgesmeth.com/film

I recently made a 39 minute film of me stamping every single page of 39 books, but I haven't found an uploading site that is free and isn't Youtube.

I hate ordinary clubs but enjoy live music/sets/club nights so hopefully I find some likeminded people, thanks for the advice. Yeah that Ukraine doc just seemed depressing, young people enjoying their lack of a thriving economy by buying second-hand shit clothes for 8 cents.

I'll keep an eye out for events and that though, thanks.

>>11361371
L - L - L O N D O N
yeah in a few months time
>>
>>11360645

Orderliness and art are not mutually exclusive.

I had this debate with a tumblrette that lives in my building once, we were discussing art and she said that minimalism is boring and that she liked messy and creative.

If anything, messy and 'creative' is the least creative, it's so commonplace. Anyone can create a faceless pastiche of a object in a way that seems creative, look at life art or the imagery and style used by vintage stores. In reality all of that is kitsch nonsense.

Michaelangelo once said that when he makes a sculpture, he takes a stone and removes anything otiose, and that beauty is an object with any extra paraphenalia removed. Minimalism is like that, remove all the pointless accouterments and you're left with something quite simple and beautiful, that among all the messy faux creativity ultimately ends up standing out.
>>
>>11361374
Check out vimeo senpai, it's used for a bunch of short films
>>
>>11361495
yeah i use Vimeo for most of my uploads, only issue is because the film is 39 minutes and 1080p, the file's too big to upload for a free account, I think I'd need to start a subscription as a result which I'm not sure is worth it. I'll look into embedding the video from Dropbox or something instead. Thanks for the suggestion though senpai
>>
>>11360618
http://www.ageofminimalism.com/search/label/fashion

i just stumbled across this site from youtube and it's everything i don't like about 'minimalism', if it even is 'minimalism'
>>
>>11361374
>I experiment using a range of shooting and editing techniques to create short moving image films that express my ideas and harness a different set of skills that other creative practises do not allow.
lawyer speak
>>
>>11360632
garbage suggestions
>>
>>11360618
Wal-Mart gun section
One revolver, two bullets in case the first one is fucked somehow
Smoke that shit, it's dank
>>
>>11361093
>Cares more about consuming some mostly useless art than about the real world and people
>People who aren't anti-social music/fashion etc nerds are "plebians"

This is exactly what's wrong with millennials.
>>
>>11360803
>>11360869
>>11360886
i come from /pol/ and what is this trash ?
>>
oh fuck this whole board is garbage
>>
>>11363375
thanks
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.