[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Raw Denim

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

Currently looking to purchase some raw denim. What is everyone's favorite brand? Right now I'm torn between APC and Naked & Famous. Also any one living in Austin know of some local places selling raw denim?
>>
File: 1457823892570.jpg (24KB, 480x590px) Image search: [Google]
1457823892570.jpg
24KB, 480x590px
welcome to 2012, grab your peacoats and Clark's because this is going to be a ride.
>>
>>11336071

Just get pre-washed jeans from a designer. Spend the extra $50 - you'll be a lot happier and comfier.
>>
Also as someone currently living in Austin. Why the fuck do you want raw denim in summer you dumb fuck. You'll literally die.
>>
>>11336107
nah, I'm fine.
>>
>>11336116
lol rip then. Just avoid the whole raw denim meme anyways, it's genuinely not worth... go with some lightweight denim like 12oz and under if you're doing jeans in the summer.
>>
>>11336085
>designer pre-washed
>extra 50$

more like extra 200
>>
Naked and famous has a good lightwight light blue jean i bought for the summer. Right now is actually probably a good time to buy heavyweight denim as you can maybe get a deal. I have a pair of N&F loomstate raws that I wear all the time. Maybe check that out if they still sell it
>>
>>11336071
I've got a pair from United Dry Stock Goods, they're bretty gud.
>>
>>11336124
This, raw denim was a bad meme that just left you uncomfortable.

You aren't working in them or anything and if you were you'd get carhartt or wrangler like an actual working man.
>>
OP here, basically everyone here just wears Levi's. I want to wear something better than Levi's.

I just really like the idea of raw denim. You pay for quality denim that you wear for a large period of time. Unlike thin poorly made denim that you have to replace in like a year. It just makes sense to me.
>>
>>11336190
this, also he wants to buy them in one of the hottest places you can be for summer. If you go all meme and never wash them they'll smell like shit OP.
>>
>>11336205
Actually I'm pretty sure Florida is the hottest places to be?
>>
>>11336212
No, I live in Phoenix and it's hotter.
>>
>>11336200
You've got APC, Nudie, Edwin, Naked and Famous
best are Rhensen but they really expensive, I don't it's really worth it though
I don't get all the fuss against raw denim, they make lightweight ones, the color is really cool with a lot of fades and the denim feels like good quality.
Currently wearing one, it's normally comfortable. I wouldn't recommend it or any jeans for summer though, summer is more for chinos really
>>
>>11336200

What's your budget?
>>
>>11336200
We know how raw denim works because we fell for the meme in 2012.

It simply isn't worth it. Buy yourself some jeans that fit for cheaper and some linen pants and some wool pants and call it even.
>>
>>11336212
Austin is dry hot, equally as bad as the humidity in Florida. It's just not a good idea to wear raws in summer ffs.
>>
>>11336228
I was assuming I would spend around 500 bucks.
>>
>>11336267

http://www.paulsmith.co.uk/us-en/shop/mens/jeans/men-s-tapered-fit-indigo-japanese-selvedge-jeans.html
>>
>>11336267
If you don't mind a low rise check out Oni and Pure Blue Japan. They have some amazing fabrics and you can pick up a pair for less than half that from Denimio.
>>
>>11336232
Not worth it in what way? I dress very prep, but when I do buy jeans I buy them raw because the little details that fade into them are kinda cool.
>>
>>11336205
I sweat a ton because I live in the tropics so heat and humidity are a constant around here. Add to that the fact that my car's a/c has been fucked for just over a year so it's that much worse. Meme'd myself some petit standards four moths ago and they still don't really smell despite how much gooch juice has been through them. I just hang them over my shower or turn them inside out and air them out every once in a while. You only really get the smell if you stick your face on the inside and take a deep whiff. Not exactly sanitary but w/e

>>11336200
It's better quality but I don't think that should be the reason for you to buy them. I got apc because their cuts are much better for me than most popular brands, basically they look better. It doesn't matter if your clothes cost $5 or $500; if you like it, you should try to make them last as long as you can. Although it surely doesn't hurt, you don't have to justify your buy by saying it's more durable because if you think it's gonna look sick for 2 or 3 years it already starts to be worth their value. The only exception to this in my mind would be winter boots, jackets or clothes that you use specifically to work in them.
>>
>>11336361
don't listen to anyone that follows fashion trends. its literally a pair of fucking jeans. the average person can not even tell if a pair of jeans is raw or not...hell the average person doesnt even know raw denim is a thing. get a pair of raws and try em out. IMO they fit waaay better than anything I have ever bought from Levi's
>>
File: 35JYfLy.jpg (624KB, 2736x3648px) Image search: [Google]
35JYfLy.jpg
624KB, 2736x3648px
>>11336071
go with APC for quick sik fadez and god tier fit

but beware the quality is not the greatest expect blow outs in 3 months with heavy wear
>>
oni
pure blue
momotaro
please don't buy acne or apc
>>
>>11336505
You can't be serious nigga
>>
i really like n&f power stretch denim. super comfy.
>>
I recently bought a pair of japan blue jeans from okayama denim, and fit is really nice, although they are definitely not summer wear.
>>
>>11336542
i am serious 100% apc gets the fastest sik fadez and the fit is great
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WOThq4N2eo
>>
Bought a pair of N&F, was disappointed. 0 crotch space. Acnes are quite right, but thin. Would love any recommendations for my next pair.
>>
>>11336841
I got a pair from them recently, too. I looked at that model, but I ended up going with the 0601 model because it didn't have bright blue inseam stitching.
I think Japan Blue is a really good value for the prices that Okayama Denim and Denimio offer.
>>
>>11337056

I like Paul Smith. Don't get the PS range or the entry level Paul Smith jeans ones. Once you get up the price a bit you get into the Japanese, Italian and English made ones. You might find they're only available on their website and more boutique places though.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.