[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>so, tell us something about yourself, anon >what are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 9

File: 1429661040510s[1].jpg (8KB, 250x236px) Image search: [Google]
1429661040510s[1].jpg
8KB, 250x236px
>so, tell us something about yourself, anon

>what are your hobbies, anon?

>what are you gonna do this summer, anon?
>>
oh shit delete thread, how did I manage to mistake this board for r9k
>>
>>11317291
this is basically r9k with addiction to buying clothes
>>
File: vlcsnap-2010-04-16-21h15m27s118.png (317KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2010-04-16-21h15m27s118.png
317KB, 720x540px
>I like being a living cliche

>I like to skate and make music

>I'm going to party and maybe get a real job
>>
File: image.png (99KB, 400x386px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
99KB, 400x386px
>>11317286
>work
>and work more
mfw i make $1600 a month (not counting overtime)

tricky ricky here i come
>>
>>11317300
i wish i was like you
all i want in life to are really good friends who want to hangout with me. i ask the few people on my contacts list if they want to hangout every weekend and they all say no.
>>
>>11317370
>not having them constantly ask you
You didn't make it brah
>>
>>11317376
thats pretty mean to tell that to someone going through loneliness
>>
>>11317537
Dont listen to him anon, he is a dick
>>
Anon

Put your running shoes on right now and go for a run

I don't care what time it is, go for a run you fuck

And then when you wake up tomorrow, make your bed and do the same

And then the day after tomorrow, make your bed again and run even further
>>
>>11318045
what am I running from?
>>
>>11318052
your responsibilities
societal pressure to get a high pressure high paying job
rick
>>
>>11318052
Life
>>
>>11318052
Anon when I moved out of home a had two room mates. One who made his bed every morning and went for a run, and one who played videogames until 3am every morning and then sleeps in til 12.

Guess which one had more friends and a stable life?

I used to be a sad little faggot like you anon, and then I started making my bed every morning and running.

>+20 Confidence
>+20 better sleep
>+10 better looks
>+15 focus
>-30 Anxiety
>>
>>11318052
The old you
>>
>>11317537
do u go to uni?
are you in a new city?
if you have no friends atm then get a fresh start go somewhere new
are you ugly?
>>
>>11317286
Usually I'd be doing fuck all and wallowing in depression in a mess of a room playing video games, but this year I'm meeting some friends from the US and we're gonna be working in the Scottish countryside for 2 months. What about you, anon?
>>
File: zyzz brah.jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
zyzz brah.jpg
10KB, 480x360px
>>11318086
>>
>>11318045
i fucking love running
it's like having a faithful dog
>always there for you
>never judges
>relaxes you
>makes you happy
starting running was the best decision i ever made
>>
>>11317297
this is the best description of /fa/ to ever happen
>>
>>11317301
that is a shit salary m8
how do you even pay rent, food, utilities etc and still have money for rick?
>>
>>11318045
i tried this once but i couldnt even get around the block without losing my breath...
>>
>>11318186
Try harder faggot.

Start out walking one day; walk faster the next. Repeat until you're running and then run further
>>
>>11318197
This
Start slow and get better piece by piece
When I started working out it took me 40min for 2 sets, 9 months later I did 3 in 26
>>
File: Hank_sallaD.png (133KB, 529x314px) Image search: [Google]
Hank_sallaD.png
133KB, 529x314px
>>11318045
I never understood this advice, what the fuck is it meant to do?

Ive been running for literally years, generally more than 5 miles per day sometimes several times a day, on prescription from a therapist

All its done is allowed me to run for longer distances

No it hasnt decreased my anxiety to a point where I can make friends

No I still have never had a girlfriend or achieved anything in my life

It has had such a minimal affect, I mean I wouldnt not recommend it, but its not a magical meme pill like people describe
>>
I am the most powerful being on all of /fa/
>>
>>11318296
I don't mean to offend but you're probably beyond the average case of social anxiety/depression.

When I was depressed in the first year of uni one of the biggest problems was the huge lack of routine. When you start to wake up at midday and then spend a few hours doing nothing it makes you feel useless and does puts you in a really bad state of mind.

Routine puts you on track to actually get shit done for the day. And even if you don't get anything done, well you still went for a run, improving your overall health

and making your bed does the same thing as routine and also makes your room x10 nicer to live in. It also helps greatly with self-discipline which is something people with a lot of time lack
>>
>>11318355
This is fairly accurate. Routines and goals keep you oriented towards something, whereas aimlessness can make you antsy and depressed. Some of my lowest points were when I didn't have something to do, to be honest.

>>11317286
These are not hard questions to remedy if you have deficient answers.

1) Go learn a new skill. Don't do something masturbatory and useless like "DJing," actually put yourself out of your comfort zone and do something in public. Martial arts, art classes, dance classes, running groups, political clubs, etc. I'd also strongly recommend taking online classes towards certifications/degrees, but that's something difficult that requires a shit ton of time and motivation.

2) There are a SHIT TON of things you can sign up to do in the summer as an adult, including adult summer camps, where you basically get free booze and outdoor activities. I'm going to two, in addition to some skydiving/escape room plans and a few trips to random locations. All are fun, reasonably affordable, and pretty summer-y. It's hard to be stereotypically /fa/ when douching it up with people, but who cares?
>>
>>11318197
>>11318290
>>11318296
any tips? music to listen to? anything?
>>
File: 15109203.gif (1MB, 352x264px) Image search: [Google]
15109203.gif
1MB, 352x264px
>>11318439
>adult summer camps
>>
File: image.jpg (68KB, 500x730px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68KB, 500x730px
Running is my favorate thing in life t b h. Its effay and humans were litterally designed to be distance runners. Its also nice to know I cpukd out run any average pleb on the street.
>>
>>11318459
My reaction initially as well, but it's really just an excuse to have someone else arrange for a shit ton of booze and a shit ton of stuff to do on the water. I used to arrange stuff like that with my friends on my own, and it got kinda insane - I hated having to be "the guy" who did stuff like sign all sorts of waivers and rental clauses and worry about minor shit like what happens if the ski-doo gets scratched or if my friend gets hammered and pees on the cabin carpet. This way, we sign up and externalize liability onto others. Worth the cash.
>>
>>11318468
Humans were designed to be distance walkers, not distance runners. Running is still great though.
>>
>>11318445
Audiobooks are good if you're walking, find one that interests you. I like history audiobooks. I don't listen to music when running since I run like a fucking Gazelle and the headphones always fall out

If you're running I recommend stretching well before AND after. My favourite time to run is first thing in the morning (in winter) or at dusk summer.

If you go to uni there might be a running club there which is how I started to run again. I've met some really cool people in mine
>>
>>11318471

Damn I;m looking into this now and all I'm thinking is how can I flex and not ruin nice clothes.

I don't have beater clothes but damn this looks fun.
>>
>>11317286
Finish uni next week so gunna work festivals all summer and sniff 100 litres of ket, same as my past 4 summers (bar the ket drought of 2014)
>>
>>11318480
dynamic stretching before, static stretching after
>>
>>11317286
I enjoy acting pretentious, but only with others who do the same. I legitimately don't understand most pop culture references and I like it that way.

I write poetry, go to readings regularly, read a large variety of stuff, but mostly poetry. I also do some calligraphy, and my work is arguably good, but my left eye is getting blurry so I have put it on hiatus until I get glasses. Otherwise, lots of hanging out with poetry friends. I find I build relationships through activities so I try and write and read with friends, discuss ideas and ways to improve ourselves/our work.

I really hate summer. I will attempt to get into as many air conditioned spaces as I can and avoid outside time. Maybe I will go on some early morning/late night hikes. Mostly just what I am doing now, but in summer. Plans to go to Toronto in October though.

To go along with where the thread has gone: I don't enjoy running, did it for a while, but I prefer to weight train. Have a kettlebell in my room and work with it for 20 min/day. I think the biggest goal is to get endorphins going, which will naturally make you more confident and reduce anxiety. Plus if you look good you will feel better.
>>
>>11318118
damn daniel
>>
>>11317286
How you know if a class you're beautiful taking in college is fluff:

"Okay first day we're going to go around stand up and introduce yourselves"

Real courses don't give a shit if you're beautiful there or not.....PhD sour dick needs to jam out a lecture on physics so he can buy his cup noodles this week and go work on grant money shit
>>
>>11318578
>I legitimately don't understand most pop culture references

This isn't a good thing, I'm the same way but I wrote it off as me being stupid....

I don't want to repost hastags on Twitter, or follow the Kardashians on Instagram and I definitely don't want to be seen in anything kanye has designed...

I don't watch marvel movies or the cheesey summer action flick of the year (usually a marvel movie)

I hate mist HBO shows game of thrones is garbage, I changed the channel after a midget was cursing up a shitstorm during sex and the next scene was a girl training dragons....wtf lame shit is that

Lena Dunham just uses girls as a medium to get more Twitter and Tumblr followers to post about feminism so she can monetize trends amongst women
>>
>>11318445
I always listen to fast music while running, when I started it was powermetal right now its mostly stonerrock, just use something fast and motivating, whatever works for you
>>
>>11320251
why do you keep saying beautiful
>>
>>11320407
Because he isn't.
>>
>>11318445
I really suggest just making a playlist with songs that you like where each song has a bpm the same as your steps per minute while running. Which is roughly 150 for me.
>>
>>11320407
Auto correct
>>
>>11320452
what did you mean to say
>>
>>11317297
all of 4chan is r9k with [insert interest].
>>
>>11317301
>Tfw you made more than this in high school
Feelsgoodman
>>
>>11318127
> working in the Scottish country side
How do I do this?
>>
>>11317286
>>so, tell us something about yourself, anon
Well what do you want to know?
>>what are your hobbies, anon?
I like lots of stuff
>>what are you gonna do this summer, anon?
Probably work to save up some money then go on a trip before school starts back up

Literally easy you pathetic ants
>>
>>11318086
This
I had my lowest state of anxiety and depression and I was substantially more endearing when I actively lifted and did cardio
Fuck it, gotta get back into that
>>
File: 1434032316822.jpg (65KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1434032316822.jpg
65KB, 1024x768px
>so, tell us something about yourself, anon
I study law and currently working in the Ministry of Foreign Trade and Tourism
>what are your hobbies, anon?
Muay Thai
>what are you gonna do this summer, anon?
Going to Europe as an exchange student.
>>
>>11317301
I make 500€/week during my vacations and I'm in highschool.
>>
>>11317286
>I am alone
>judo
>party
>>
>work
>festivals/holidays
>skate
>smoke a lot of L & Bs
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.