[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to develop a personal style

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

Pic unrelated
I'm into fashion/fa but I want to do my own stuff/ I'm not sure where to start
How did people on here develop their own styles
>>
>>11285836
bump
>>
>>11285836
the sticky has a lot of info on this, honestly it takes time. in the meantime don't go splurging on stuff that you might not like in a few months
>>
lmao

just be yourself, wear the shit that YOU like (not trendy/other people like it) and a personal style will develop.
>>
>>11285836
Don't buy from h&m or mainstream stores
>>
>>11285836
I shopped at Goodwill as a kid because we were poor as fuck and learned to adapt after I left high school. Most of my clothes still come from Goodwill, partially because I'm still broke and partially because I can pull off both the fuccboi look and the oversized sweater look.
>>
>>11285931
But what about basics? Saying dont buy from H&M is being picky about brands and is the opposite mind set when trying to develop a style
>>
>>11285836
best piece in any fit you'll ever wear is confidence

think for yourself you fuckin sheep
>>
Trial and error my Good and handsome friend, trial and error.

You buy stuff you like the look of. Put it on. Either

A) you love how it looks on you
B) you hate how it looks on you

Then you keep buying whatever clothes fit A, experiment within that style using the same technique, then you'll be set.

Main thing about having your own personal style is to HAVE FUN. fashion is fun, be confident and enjoy it. Its a great hobby desu senpai
>>
Go to any store
Pick out what you like (AND ONLY WHAT YOU LIKE)
Repeat
Mix and match as time goes on

Eventually, your own style will develop. Some brands that you just generally like will also come up and you might find yourself returning to it regularly which is fine. Since style is more than just brand name, as time goes on, you will also know what kind of fit just looks good on you.

My own style developed pretty much just going out and buying shit I like. Obviously I made some mistakes in buying certain stuff but you learn from it.
>>
>>11286005
h&m is fast fashion
though they lead the industry in sustainability, it's not as clear as they like to claim
they're able to reduce the most waste because they make some of the most waste
fast fashion is a toxic factor of the industry and the recent surge in consumer appeal is tainting the industry
stop buying from h&m
there are many other companies that can sell you clothes that aren't $900 for a t shirt and are not fast fashion
>>
>>11286031
literally everything mass produced is fast fashion.
>>
>>11286058
No

Fast fashion are brands that churn out different trends all the time

Walmart isn't fast fashion, same with banana republic, abecrombie or whatever, etc because they follow their own trends and have their own style (even tho it may be shit)
>>
>>11286058
you don't know what you're talking about
>>
>>11285836

I think a big thing about having a personal style is not being so heavily """into fashion""" in the sense that you shouldn't take every fit you wear super seriously and you shouldn't be afraid of wearing goofy shit/looking stupid.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.