[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to stop caring about what people think? I'm terrified

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 8

File: heavens_gate_patch_sample.jpg (79KB, 646x543px) Image search: [Google]
heavens_gate_patch_sample.jpg
79KB, 646x543px
How to stop caring about what people think? I'm terrified of buying clothes because of dozens of specific insecurities and I'm tired of living like this. What do you recommend? And if you don't want to answer that, which would be 100% understandable, just post shit you like? Recommended websites besides Grailed? Inspo? Anything you want?
>>
File: 6vXo6FxARtCUazpeUzbb.jpg (404KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
6vXo6FxARtCUazpeUzbb.jpg
404KB, 960x1280px
>>
File: DSC_5651.jpg (140KB, 721x1080px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_5651.jpg
140KB, 721x1080px
>>
>>11282973
Being insecure is effay

Just remember to wear full Rick to church
>>
File: IMG_1191.jpg (158KB, 800x1067px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1191.jpg
158KB, 800x1067px
>>11283018
I don't go to church, I'm vegan
>>
File: 1452257845455.jpg (109KB, 670x446px) Image search: [Google]
1452257845455.jpg
109KB, 670x446px
>>
>>11282973

Serious answer

First time I wore skinny jeans, I thought they were way too tight and I was pretty insecure about it. My girlfriend at the time kept giving me support saying "They look good" and I kept doing it because well, if everyone thought they were shit except her, then that was okay with me. Eventually I came to like them and wear them all the time.

This might not help you, but another tip and advice would be to wear items that are comfortable and reflect yourself to others. This doesn't necessarily mean to wear items that will make you look powerful or stupid peacocking shit, but as you develop your own personal taste you start to understand what you personally enjoy in clothing, style, etc.

I've grown from wearing menswear -> americana -> rick/drapey shit -> uhhh basic shit (appreciating more of CDG lately though), but it's a lot to do with just trying shit on and being more okay with you, which clothes won't help.
>>
File: 1434406715872.jpg (195KB, 731x821px) Image search: [Google]
1434406715872.jpg
195KB, 731x821px
>>11283046
Thank you for serious answer. My main fear is actually skinny jeans, because I like them, but I'm afraid they will be too tight or too baggy or too flashy or too anything. I'm trying to get rid of insecurities and I will try to do what you recommended. Your story about the jeans helps actually. Thank you.

I used to think I was into prep and now I'm into rick/cdg/empt so not sure whats going on there
>>
File: 1443460446200.jpg (530KB, 1252x1695px) Image search: [Google]
1443460446200.jpg
530KB, 1252x1695px
>>
It took me 3 years of being here to finally putting on an outfit the other day and just knowing that I looked fucking amazing. I felt fantastic that day. I don't know why, something just clicked
>>
File: annd2.jpg (186KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
annd2.jpg
186KB, 960x720px
>>11283293
I hope to feel like that maybe at some point.
>>
>>11283055
I love that anorak so much. Literally my grail.
>>
>>11283055
Stop buying into brands. Or memes >>11283411. The only thing you should be 'loyal' to are designer's with a method and output you value.

Read more. Not forums. Fashion history, fashion criticism, designer overviews, exhibit catalogues. Question your relationship to fashion. Why are you interested in it? Is it just to make you look better, physically and socially? Or are you actually interested in it as an artform?

Wear clothes for how they make you feel, not how they make you look. Also, check the archive for a really recent discussion on what defines true style, I think the subject was "Wearing your clothes".

To be less insecure in general, wait until puberty is over, find yourself a more comfortable context and better friends. It's nice being a (very) foreign country, where most of the class/subculture indicators all pieces carry become muddled.
>>
>>11283433

This. It took me years to devlop my personal style and it's still so fucking fluid and ever changing
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.