[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>go on amazon to buy clothes >look at comments >it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 7

File: 1407648451810.jpg (25KB, 335x435px) Image search: [Google]
1407648451810.jpg
25KB, 335x435px
>go on amazon to buy clothes
>look at comments
>it's full of women who bought it for their husband

Do husbands really let their wives dress them? That sounds awful.
>>
>shopping for clothes on amazon
what the fuck do you expect?

anyway why just look at other sites that carry the comments
>>
>>11266828
Don't usually shop on Amazon for clothes but have an Amazon GC and decided to put it towards some Levi's.
>>
>>11266834
Its okay guy you don't need to defend yourself for the approval of an anonymous stranger
>>
>>11266813
The majority of dudes don't care about fashion. They think a XXXL Aeropostale hoodie with bright-light-blue dad jeans that have been patched 12 times more than they should've been with Under Armor shoes passes for "okay"
>>
>>11266813
There are people who think anything with a collar is formal and that knowing about the different kinds of collars makes one a girly-man.

It's pretty cucked if you ask me. A man who keeps the respect of a woman would be a man who projects his own personality and will into the world, starting with his own appearance.
>>
>>11266813
>fits a little small, I usually get an XXL and it was pretty tight around the arms
>>
>>11267532
>>11267482

Do you people live in like, rural arkansas or something?
>>
probably bought as gifts idfk
>>
File: tumblr_luu8ecZ8vj1r41tx0o1_500.jpg (83KB, 365x604px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_luu8ecZ8vj1r41tx0o1_500.jpg
83KB, 365x604px
>>11267551
Describes normalfags in probably any major American city that isn't NYC or LA.

People don't have any self-respect anymore. I don't mean they should be following whatever -core, but not having a basic sense of how to not look like shit with clothes really strongly speaks to a lack of education and culture.

But what do you expect when people don't even read books anymore, besides pulp thrillers and the even trashier feel-good nonfiction you find in airport bookstores. Forget about insecurity about appearing feminine >>11267532 , I think for the lower & middle classes, it's about intelligence and culture and their extreme uncomfortability with either.

Normalfags. Not even once
>>
>>11267551
I grew up in rural Alabama, but even in New England that seems to be the prevalent attitude of blue-collar people and, for whatever reason, engineers.
>>
>>11266813
Yeah, men tend to hate life about 3 years into marriage.

You can see they're at the point where they just exist and not live
>>
>>11267532
>put on some tricky rick
>mfw i am the ubermensch
>>
>>11267612
That's what they get for either still being addicted to the chase and marrying too early or not marrying someone with her own (high-earning) life going on who's too busy to nag them.
>>
>>11266813
>>go on amazon to buy clothes
whoops!
>>
>>11267595
Engineering is the white-collar career for blue collar people.
>>
>>11267778
It's basically what people who are stuck in a blue-collar "gotta suffer and build stuff or you're a pussy" mentality who go to college do.
>>
>>11267789
You shouldn't get me wrong. I meant that >>11267778 as praise, not a cut. Blue collar mindset is superior to white collar, look at all the arts degree fags and their bizarre inability to handle basic aspects of reality. The fact that a side effect is many engineers don't give a fuck what they wear as long as it's practical is comparatively irrelevant. /Fa/'s nice, but it isn't everything.
>>
>>11267809
>Blue collar mindset is superior to white collar
They're both just the mindsets that make it easiest to survive in the person's surroundings. Blue collar mindset gets in the way of climbing in white collar settings.

>look at all the arts degree fags and their bizarre inability to handle basic aspects of reality
Look at all the bankers, consultants, doctors, lawyers and other professionals who aren't like that at all. Loads of tumblr people are poor as shit, if you pay attention.
>>
>>11266813
More often or not in America, the wife takes on the duties his mother left off. And that includes dressing him. Cuckland.
>>
>>11267830
>>11267809
Case in point: engineering graduate salaries may be high to start off but they cap out lower and faster than many other white-collar professions. You have to get out of the engineer mindset to break into higher management.
>>
>>11267778
Since this is /fa/ I feel like I have to point out that engineering actually still counts as a blue-collar job in the technical literal sense. Of the professions, only in engineering is it traditionally accepted and normal to wear a blue shirt to work instead of white.
>>
File: skechers-black-men-shoes-61893.jpg (232KB, 1120x620px) Image search: [Google]
skechers-black-men-shoes-61893.jpg
232KB, 1120x620px
Daily reminder 99% of men think these are "dress shoes"
>>
>>11267902
>you said it's a nice restaurant, right?
>>
>>11267902
>>11267909
Being serious for a moment - what the fuck happened? I don't expect everybody to be "fashionable", but what happened that *everybody* gravitates to this slobby "athletic wear" style? Something must've gone very wrong sometime maybe 30 or so years ago? It wasn't always this way...
>>
>>11267954
I think a smaller percentage of the population does either dirty blue collar or high-class white collar work where their work clothes are dictated by rules of either practicality or image. Now a lot of people are in offices where they can wear whatever they want and they don't know what to do.

On the other hand, real athletic wear is comfy. I know a former partner at a top NY investment bank who wears sweats all day when he doesn't have to meet with people, but wears expensive suits and Hermes ties for meetings.
>>
>>11267972
Also the reduction in the number of people that go to traditional churches.
Religion in general has been dropping, but the new "casual" churches - where you can show up in jeans in a t-shirt - are growing.

People used to dress up to go to church.
Boys learned how to wear a suit, and tie a tie, because they went to church on Sunday morning. Not anymore.

But yes, for a large section of America, "nice" is jeans and a polo.
>>
>>11267585
>really strongly speaks to a lack of education and culture.
Or it speaks to the mass production and wider availability of cheap clothing products and refocused attention away from public acceptance and onto personal acceptance and success. Maybe not, I always forget how much better everyone on this board is compared to those stained-sweatpants-wearing casual-nike-wearing yokels you see out on the streets.
>>
>>11267902
I can't fathom how people think that these look good. I'm not even talking about wearing those for "dress shoe" "replacements" - but even for casual wear.

I see those shoes all the time. What goes through peoples' minds when they buy them? Even basic running shoes look better than those abominations.
>>
>>11268120
Spotted the prole.

What he's saying is that trying to dress well is going out on a limb because it risks exposing that you don't know how. Class insecure people would rather just not try so they can't fuck up.
>>
>>11267972
>>11268096
I think it's more about changing culture and attitudes. People used to dress up to try to appear above their social class; you might see a lower-class person wearing a really cheap suit - but still a suit nonetheless, as he was literally trying to "dress to impress."

Something changed, though. People don't do this anymore. Maybe after the middle class grew on its own accord, people stopped caring about this sort of thing. Then the 80s hit with athleleisure in full swing (no doubt in part by marketing), and peoples' attitudes changed even more. The sneaker (though of course popular earlier) because the ubiquitous "casual" shoe. We haven't "recovered" from this athleleisure blast of the 80s that continued in full swing to today - once you hit a baseline of a T-shirt, shorts, and running shoes, you really can't drop lower. Why would the average, clueless, "I don't care about fashion" male wear anything else if this was the baseline he and his peers have come to?
>>
>>11268173
In daily life, sure, but the inability to dress more formally is pretty bad since more people than ever can afford to do so. Back in the day, suits were a big class marker because nice ones cost several months pay for a laborer, but you can get a suit that looks like 7/10 for a couple hundred bucks now.
>>
File: image.jpg (167KB, 1200x1531px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
167KB, 1200x1531px
>>11267482
This. Wear a button up, some dark jeans, and boots and everyone will flip out.
>>
File: charlie_woolley.jpg (241KB, 590x834px) Image search: [Google]
charlie_woolley.jpg
241KB, 590x834px
>>11268125
Thanks for describing it more practically, and also agreeing, I'm actually very unsure if my analysis is correct. I accidentally ended up in a university filled with middle class suburban wads - spoiler: my father is alumni but it's clearly not the same place it used to be, I know I fucked up for not judging it myself before committing - and it's only confirmed my suspicion that class is more a mindset/culture than it is material, in the sense of the British' fallen noble. But maybe I'm just divorced from actually productive communities
>>
>>11267902
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>11267909
>his smile and optimism: gone
>>
>>11268385
What's pic related a quote from?
>>
File: 1447012818258.jpg (85KB, 650x369px) Image search: [Google]
1447012818258.jpg
85KB, 650x369px
>>11267954
Lets' not forget that most of the time normies assume "nice" clothes are going to be expensive.

Why spend 40 dollars on jeans when Walmart sells them for 10?

Why buy 70 dollar shoes when you can get Asics running shoes for 20?

If you buy everything in XXL you won't outgrow it
>>
I don't think you understand the extent to which most husbands are beta cuckolds

I was sick for two weeks last year and wound up watching a marathon of Pawn Stars. Every third guy that walked into the store with something to sell confessed that he had to get rid of it because 'his wife didn't like/want it'

Women select husbands based on their ability to provide. Many of them already have kids by another man and are looking for a solid meal ticket for the foreseeable future. So you have these beta cuckolds married to a used up bitch who might have been decent looking 15 years ago, but who is now old and obnoxious. But these cucks still grovel at their feet because they've never had any success with women, and their wives lord over them.

>select all images with a shed
>>
>>11270186
>tfw gf is a doctor who knows she's not the hottest I've had
feels good man
>>
>>11268946
Saint-just
>>
>>11270186
>I was sick for two weeks last year and wound up watching a marathon of Pawn Stars. Every third guy that walked into the store with something to sell confessed that he had to get rid of it because 'his wife didn't like/want it'

Are you seriously using Pawn Stars to prove an argument? You think Pawn Stars is an accurate representation of reality? You realize that it's scripted and staged, right?

4channers are fucking stupid.
>>
>>11270186

wait.. you're... you're basing your stereotype of "most husbands" off of people on pawn stars

lmfao

i mean you're using "cuck" so yeah
>>
>>11270248

it's just an observation shitlord. go out into the world and look around you at married couples. in many cases you'll find the husband is a sorry cuck who gets bossed around by his wife because she has the vagina, i.e. something he can't get anywhere else

speaking of cuckdom, the number of men voluntarily raising another man's child is astounding. at the opposite end of the spectrum you have dindus, who won't even raise their own kids
>>
>>11270186

Fucking teenagers
>>
>>11270289

married cuck detected

does your wife at least let you prep the bull?
>>
>>11270289
>Nuh uh I'm a real man because I have a four-door truck and a bass boat that my wife lets me take to the lake once a month
Not all married men are like that but it's an appreciable number.
>>
>>11270171

That actually sounds pretty smart.
>>
>>11270186
pawn stars is fake as fuck you idiot
>>
>tfw mom still buys me clothes I don’t need or want

God damn it
>>
>>11270346

employee interactions are scripted, customer interactions are not

>this
>scripted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL6bCojG7_s
>>
>>11270346
>>11270251

Just because Pawn stars is "fake" doesn't mean these people don't exist. I mean the stereotype exists for a reason. There's plenty of dumb "just wanna enjoy my hobby but my wife won't let me" guys in this world, and if you think otherwise you'd be gravely mistaken.

Heed my warning anon, In 20 years you'll be looking at her when she's since jumped ship to another guy who can "support" her better, while you spent your life thinking about all that wasted time and money on that dumb bitch.

Besides becoming financially dominated, there's no reason to get married.

As far as guys getting dressed by their wives go, it's a simple formula. The wife wants her husband to dress a certain way to keep up an illusion for her friends/family. If you're pulling all your examples from middle class families who's most important thing in life is creating more mouth breathing idiots, then yeah of course they're going to wear the cheapest most awful clothes you can think of.

They're few and far between but most couples that aren't focused on having kids, and have fulfilling careers usually are much happier with their lives
>>
>>11270248
>>11270251
>>11270346
You seriously think that writers of the show think "k guys, let's have guys come in and say this one line every episode". Customer interaction are not scripted. You're a literal fucking retard if you think so.

If you actually interact with people in the real world (i know that's a rare occasion for you), you will realize that the majority of husbands today are controlled by the wife.
>>
>>11266813
Well, husband works, earns money and has no time to think about sick fits. Housewife sits around allday and gies shopping. Wants her husband to look better than husbands of her friends to show off.
>>
>>11270955
Yet they all end up looking like this:
>>11267909
>>11268207
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.