[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

since its now 2016 we can all agree that >slackercore >normcore

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 24

File: image.jpg (20KB, 183x275px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20KB, 183x275px
since its now 2016 we can all agree that
>slackercore
>normcore
>thrift core
>listens to Mac demarco once core

is all shit right?
>>
It always was
>>
>>11263083
sorry for thumbnail pic :^)
>>11263089
agreed. but why is it still so prevalent on college campuses?
>>
Only if its intentional. If you genuinely don't care about the way you dress, you are the most effay anyone could ever be.
>>
>>11263096
because it's pretty comfy, accessible, and cheap as shit
>>
>>11263096

its really inexpensive.

I dont even like mac demarco but i dress like this.

the look was skate before it was demarco anyway
>>
>>11263805
What if that kid in the stripped shirt died of a terminal illness and his last wish was to meet Mac Demarcus but he was too busy socializing and smoked a cigarette instead and the kid never got his autograph and died a few days later never getting his dying wish?
>>
>>11263818
Dafuq
>>
>>11263805

>mac drinking a vb

wew lad
>>
I don't understand the hate this look gets. I mean it's got to be because of the people that wear it, otherwise it's pretty safe and easygoing to be honest. Right?
>>
desu those guys and girls are always more chill

i'd rather hang with a mac wannabe than some kid from /fa/ in all black
>>
>>11264501
If you're intentionally dressing like someone who would've looked like a poseur in 1992 in Seattle because you think it's "safe and easygoing", then you're a twat, no way around it.
>>
>>11264531
>someone who would've looked like a poseur in 1992 in Seattle
fucking this
>>
>>11264510
Exactly
>>
>>11263083

>this look is shit because I don't like it

who cares desu every 'look' can be subjectively shit
>>
>>11264510
I agree. The latter is probably trying to run on some "quiet intellectual aestethic".
>>
Is Marc Damascus's music even any good?
>>
>>11264598
>>11264944
>>11264510
you guys are fucking stupid. slackercore fucks are the art school types and those people are literally the worst.
>>
File: 16188_4388092498809_234419279_n.jpg (18KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
16188_4388092498809_234419279_n.jpg
18KB, 480x640px
>>11263083
what u say?
>>
>>11264976
mr croc man is back
>>
>>11264979
you guys don't know what fashion is
>>
>>11264981
i never pay for any clothes
>>
>>11263083
I don't like Mac Demarco core but I really don't understand the hate it gets. There's way more cancerous cores, that are much more common, such as pastelgoth (ok maybe that's not common but common enough to be cancer) and problematicore, aka tumblrcore. I see girls with dyed hair, nose piercings, lipstick, thick eyebrows, colourful 90s second hand shit everyday. I see Mac Demarco wannabes maybe every other day.
>>
>>11264983
pls don't hate on me or my baby seal
>>
>>11264988
i don't care what anyone thinks of me
>>
>>11264990
worship me
>>
>>11264991
i fuck many ladies
>>
>>11264995
comfy pants
>>
>>11263805
im sick of seeing cunts like this at festivals
>>
>>11264996
i'm a artist too
>>
>>11264983
That guy in the background is looking fresh though
>>
>>11264998
hahah just me being me
>>
>>11265002
you wot mate hahahah
>>
>>11265006
i can be deep too
>>
>>11265009
tfw post-ironic fedora
>>
>>11265011
you guys are all pussies! haha just kidding love you guys big up
>>
>>11265013
almost done here, let me know if you guys are inspired
>>
>>11265014
i'm probably the most fashionable among my friends
>>
>>11265018
my family loves me no matter what
>>
>>11263818
thanks for the laugh m80
>>
>>11265021
alright, i'm done. hope you guys liked the show. let me know what you think, i'm always open for suggestions because no one is perfect
>>
Autism hangs over this thread like the Shadow of Mordor over Middle-Earth.
>>
>>11264967
this. they are all pretentious as fuck and SJWs
>>
>>11265023
why did you post a bunch of pictures of your friend from social media?
Fucking autistic
>>
>>11264967
>>11265049

can confirm
>>
>>11264957
Pretty accessible stuff, go through an album and see if you like it. They like 30 min long, not a big investment.
>>
>>11265023
pure kanker
>>
>>11265049
don't mix up tumblr core and retro influenced style
>>
>>11264988
>>11264983
dope sweats
>>
>>11263083
no because the year has no bearing on what styles people are wearing at the current time
>>
>>11266355
i know what im talking about. it's not tumblr core. the people who wear it just happen to be just as insufferable as them though
>>
>>11264957
Mac Demarco 2 was p good
Salad Days was alright
Another One was bad

I went to one of his recent concerts and the audience was fucking awful. There were a bunch of tumblr grills jumping on stage kissing him and shit
>>
>>11264979
WHATRTHOOOOOOOOOOOOSE
>>
>>11266023
:'(
>>
>>11266623
he's just shitposting his friend's facebook posts out of jealousy, don't feed into his bullshit
>>
>>11266648
more like funposting
>>
whole look never made sense to me. At my university it was the kids who drove audi's going to the thrift shops and buying out the whole place every week
being a mac wannabe
mac wears that shit because it's all he can afford.
>>
>>11263083
Depends on how you pull it off
>>
>>11265049
I think mac is pretty christian tho
>>
>>11265729
More like very accessible
>>
>>11266689
i doubt that at this point. He's making around 200k now I would say. He's gotten pretty big after Salad Days. He just chooses to live like a bum. It's the indie rock dream.
>>
>>11266689
>because it's all he can afford
>mac demarco
This is wrong
>>
>>11266689
yup just try hard rich art school kids trying to be "authentic"
>>
>>11265021
Why is your shower in your dining area
>>
i used to thrift all my clothes and dress exactly like this a few years ago waaaaay before I even knew about mac demarco. its a style that's been around for years in montreal and mac made it popular world wide i guess
>>
File: self-titled_the_garden-049.jpg (423KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
self-titled_the_garden-049.jpg
423KB, 960x1280px
>>11264510
This. I rather be around some fuck who barely knows their shit and have a good time than be around some fucks who lurk an anime board and actually buy Rick Owens
>>
>>11264967
>>11265049
>>11265673
Not true. Some art school types are SJW but none of them are necessarily pretentious. A lot of them just like to smoke weed and listen to obscure bands. And even IF, I still would rather chill with someone like that then any of you motherfuckers. Overly judgmental, unrealistically cynical, bigoted, bland, blank personality-type pieces of shit.
>>
File: jim-jarmusch.jpg (450KB, 1920x1287px) Image search: [Google]
jim-jarmusch.jpg
450KB, 1920x1287px
>>11268423
I knew the shears and they never gave a fuck about demarco. no one did, he's dead irrelevant. everyone dressed like that in oc, it's just thrift shit, calvin johnson core

talk about nerds on the internet. what you found their shit on /mu/ or big love or something? they were always boring. clothes is the only thing they did good.
>>
>>11268442
wow dude you are so much better than us

thanks for gifting us with your presence

you pretentious cunt
>>
>>11268442
>Overly judgmental, unrealistically cynical, bigoted, bland, blank personality-type pieces of shit.
way to describe art school. It's all extremely social trendy fucks. The most that could be said about them is that the alt-normalfag is forced to fake their own "brand" to win social capital rather than monkey see monkey do. They're still extremely shallow, imitative and abusing art for their sake of winning friends/fucking girls

and that's the good schools. what you described, "smoking weed and being chill" sounds like third-rate evergreen state shit. at that point, why the fuck go to college? the only reason to do a BA in the arts is to do an MFA where you actually learn anything and meet anyone serious and get real industrial connections, and you're not going to get that with a BA from a joke state school.

burnouts who don't won't admit it are the only thing worse than the hyper-social fuckboys/art thots who just misuse art to get friends.

education is so fucked. brb kms
>>
>>11268459
I'm just a rational guy looking for jpgs man. The only difference between me and you is the fact you probably have more money and less patience to accept new information. All I'm saying is the majority of people on this board (and the whole site) are cynical pieces of shit incapable of in-depth discussion. The reason I use it is because I have no where else to go, which makes me no better than anyone else.

>>11268471
I would disagree. I think art school gets a bad rep but a lot of people I know in arts programs are really cool. And once you get a BA you can pretty much get your masters anywhere with decent connections and your intelligence so idk what you're getting at there. There are top universities and then there's literally everywhere else, so it's not going to be hard to develop your craft depending on how far you wanted to go. Art hoes/hyper-social fuckboys certainly exist, and I actually don't like art majors /that/ much myself, but the reality is they're much more tolerable in social situations than the typical /fa/ user.
>>
File: image175.jpg (1MB, 2172x3396px) Image search: [Google]
image175.jpg
1MB, 2172x3396px
>>11268488
>the reality is they're much more tolerable in social situations
this is true, art kids are still a lot more fun and open minded than normalfags by far

>than the typical /fa/ user.
but I don't see where you're getting this from unless you actually know /fa/ggots irl or something, which is still a skewed sample because any decent poster would never admit it irl. you have to realize this is an anonymous forum and people are a lot more uncensored than they are normally and the culture is a lot more towards shittalking and banter, which is the appeal, imo

and anyway I'd take a pretentious cynic over a chill bore any day. people forget that being an elitist is often justified. I smoked enough weed in hs, I'd rather take uppers and have a stimulating conversation with those chosen few who can actually maintain one

I'm not that insecure that someone knowing more than me about something, even if they're more than a little smug about it, will stop me from enjoying their company or learning from them. It's people who front shit they don't know anything about that suck, but you can tell them apart easily, most quickly by their taste for fucking weed
>>
>>11268554
there's nothing wrong with weed fampai it's a drug not a personality or a lifestyle

people that make it one are stupid and stupid/boring people that smoke it stay boring and stupid lol what's new

I agree with the chill bore thing though, I can't stand talking to people with no interests or strong, well-formed intelligent opinions

not even bragging but i'm usually the smartest person in the room and i would fucking love getting lectured on stuff and questioned by people smarter than me
>>
>>11268757
>there's nothing wrong with weed fampai it's a drug not a personality or a lifestyle
It just dulls you. it's a very unproductive drug. even heroin is more admirable, as its use - not as a junkie but casual use - is at least sincere, unadulterated hedonism. no conversation of substance, let alone art or theory, has ever come out of weed, unlike most other common drugs. It's good for killing time but what good is that for?

>i would fucking love getting lectured on stuff and questioned by people smarter than me
yeah, too bad smarts doesn't always correlate to decent character. a lot of intelligent people I've known were either very insecure or very self-centered - and not in the good narcissistic way, just in the way where they don't pay attention to anything to world beyond their own dumb hobby interests. they're just shooting themselves in the foot

excuse my pessimism, I'd been at another boring ass party with a bunch of dumb losers earlier and been sobering up last few hours realizing just what a waste these people are. I'm going to bed
>>
>>11264990
ughh Amstel is even worse than Bavaria
>>
>>11268785
>even heroin is more admirable, as its use - not as a junkie but casual use - is at least sincere, unadulterated hedonism

You're such a try hard
>>
>>11268785
>no conversation of substance, let alone art or theory, has ever come out of weed

Not even shilling but m80 even you must know you're talking shit.
>>
>>11268442
complains about people being
>Overly judgmental
then goes on to list 4 different insults judging people.

kek
>>
>>11264510
fourthed
>>
>>11266858
Dude swears like a sailor of his recordings tho
Thread posts: 82
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.