[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Free The People (Support The Movement)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

I wanna make a lot of shekels off of liberals and SJWs. I notice they wear some shitty cheap looking clothing that just says #BLM or Bernie Support or something shit like that.

I wanna change that and think there's a market for this. A lot of liberal people dress terrible and should become /fa/.

I'm going to make tshirts (pic related) like raf, undercover, midnight studio stuff that focuses on supporting these movements

Movements so far:
>#BlackLivesMatter
>Gender Equality
>LGBT
>youth empowerment
>refugees/illegals

I would make x amount of proceeds be donated to that cause and keep the rest. Is this a viable idea? I'm looking for designs and shit if anyone wants to be a millionaire with me

One design I have in mind is putting generic pictures of that movement like raf does then put something below it like "empowered" or some shit. Is there any reason this wouldn't work if we marketed it correctly?? Do I have competition? Idk the name for it yet
>>
Tell me you're joking.
>>
>>11255955
I actually applaud OP making money off retards is guaranteed dosh
>>
honestly could work, nowadays even zara and h&m are making fake raf, MS paint drag-n-drop pictures with floating white helvetica quasi-cryptic text all over the place
>>
>>11255955
Not joking

Easy money and everyone is an SJW nowadays and wants to be part of the movement without actually doing anything. A cool tshirt is the easiest way to be part of something without actually doing anything

>>11255984
That's exactly what I was thinking. Just put a picture of MLK or Rosa Parks and put some text that'll pander to that movement

I can't find any brands that really do this. There's acne studios with their gender equality shit but I feel like that's more ironic stuff
>>
WE WUZ KANGS
>>
good idea t b h. might have to steal it
>>
>>11256021
Kek was gonna find some kendrick Lamar inspired lyrics for #BLM shirts too. "We was kings" was one of them
>>
File: landscapeinthemistfinalshot.jpg (176KB, 1480x1080px) Image search: [Google]
landscapeinthemistfinalshot.jpg
176KB, 1480x1080px
market/shill it through tumblr. They eat that shit up.

I dont think its a bad idea at all OP, you're pandering to the idiot retard brat kids who have too much money on thier 3 year holiday (college) from mommy and daddy

Make them mid-range so the average teenage tumblr pleb can afford them but they're still expensive enough to garnish prestige.

ie,

t-shirt $45-60
Pants $90-110
jumper/sweater $90-120
Outerwear $100+

Dont make them tacky and start off with just one or two pieces to begin with. Shill them hard on tumblr and add to your collection as you go. Make a bigcartel page or some shit and send some free merch to tumblr/insta whores to shill your product.
>>
Instead of prints learn to sew and craft the shirts by hand, it's not difficult, don't worry about materials, cut costs everywhere. The handmade element will give you a big edge over the "I have my own brand, check out these Gildan shirts" retards, even if your product is pretty shitty

Social media is what's going to make your cash, so have a good plan to get your name out there. Focus on an extremely limited run, maybe made to order, and advertise yourself as some kind of racial AND sexual minority, black lesbian, transgender Asian, etc
>>
>>11255917

this is a great idea OP. If you can, send out free samples to some select celebrities. Most brands do this as a way to get advertising, because a famous person wearing your stuff is cool.
But pick your celebs carefully, and dont send out too many. you may need to ask their manager, to get the deal that the celeb will be seen wearing your clothing.
>>
>>11256043

This dont think too hard into and just make and print the pieces. People are retarded and if the design is decent(you are on /fa/ you probably know what looks good so its not really a problem).

This idea is hilarious I hope it takes off anon
>>
cringiest thread in weeks
>>
dont do this>>11256095

just print them. It sounds like a good idea but trust me its too tedious of a process. most of your work needs to be on marketing this shit hard. I suggest getting an irl friend you know and just take a ton of pictures of you and him/her doing shit and posting it on social media. make a tumblr and just continuously post
>>
>>11256108

I meant to quote >>11256053
>>
>>11256053
>>11256043
Any tips on social media shilling? What makes a strong brand?

I don't think assc's exclusivity hype is the way to roll since it's support for a populist movement. So how do you build hype?
>>
File: acnefinal1.jpg (154KB, 580x483px) Image search: [Google]
acnefinal1.jpg
154KB, 580x483px
Acne already did that
>>
>>11256129

consistency maybe even 2 times a day

good pictures(look professional)

literally all you need.

also>>11256134 is completely different
>>
Don't do this. Get a better hobby/create something worthwhile.
>>
>>11255917
nice idea OP, good luck man
>>
>>11256134
I stated above but said I thought it was more ironic

>>11256129
I think I'm going to create a tumblr, create a name people can roll off easily like Free The People or something like Individualism, twitter and try to reach out to people/celebrities. Im even thinking of getting passionate volunteers to go to these events and selling it there to atleast create brand awareness and being part of the movement

I'd look at different events happening in my city (Pride Parade is a big one).

All I really gotta do is gain some momentum and shit will multiply like ASSC, Pigalle or Palace

>>11256043
I'm looking at making shirts first at stussy-level prices because that's what the average teen wears

>>11256100
>>11256150
I just want to make some mad shekels and I think there's a niche market here that hasn't been utilized to its full potential. Bernie Sanders, feminism and BLM are all gaining momentum and I wanna be part of that hype train collecting the money

Anyone have any good brand name ideas??
>>
The people you're pandering too will only cry that you're profiting from black issues whilst being white (assuming you are).

Hint at all sales 'helping the struggle' or some shit like that. It doesn't explicitly say you're donating profits but it could be taken as so.
>>
>>11257010
I'd stay in the backgrounds, would it make more sense to make separate sites for each product line/movement?

I would just look for volunteers to attend the events and try to sell the shirts there if I were to do that. I'm asian, so I don't think I'm really discriminated/hated by anyone since we're usually on the sidelines
>>
>>11257023
Yeah, although while I'm not expert to a lot of these idiots, Asians are only a slight bit worse off than whites.

If I had to give you some advice, on your payment section, DO NOT use your real name and preferably use an alternate address.
>>
I was looking at a shirt similar to pic related but putting events/historical moments or important people there, then below it a short quote in some cool font

>BLM
>MLK I have a dream speech picture
>malcolm x
>rosa parks
>underground railroad
>We Was Kings or Rest In Power or some shit like that at bottom typed
>>
>>11257033
Asians aren't even worse off, their better off than most whites
>>
>>11255917
op is a genius
>>
>>11257036
You know what you're doing OP. Godspeed
>>
Literally the best thread on this board since casemods' dick post
>>
Heh I'm working on the same thing except I'm pandering to stormfags and edgy rebellious right wing kids. That probably wouldn't work in the US but the country where I live has a market for it.
>>
>>11257149
post example
>>
>>11257037
Agreed, but, they're still 'people of colour' according to most anti-white edgelords. Therefore they must be more oppressed.
>>
>>11256129
for this specific project i'd say:
>instagram + tumblr updated regularly (every day if you can find the content)
>good looking photos (look at hi-fi fnk for the type of photo that people find effay these days)
>remember to muh diversity in your pictures, but make sure the models are actually attractive.
>send out to minor celebrities and tumblr+instagram "activists".
>minimal looking bigcartel, only 2 or 3 products sold at once.
>i suggest t-shirt + jacket/hoodie + hat
>make sure to make it clear that some of the money goes to these organisations.
>>
>>11257231
We built railroads and shiettttt

>>11257149
Was thinking a Donald trump one with 'Greatness awaits...'

>>11257261
What 2 movements would you start with? Thinking #BLM and youth empowerment or feminism. Looking at igs and tumblr, probably go for asap type of page where 3 pics connect for one product
>>
(R)evolution

is that cringy as fuck or is there some way to make that cool as a brand name?

Anyone have anything else
>>
anon make a black sweatshirt with a handcuff print on the ribbing. you'll sell buckets to BLMfags
>>
I think this is a really good idea. I would find like some black lesbian native american person or something to be the "designer" and come up with some back story about how they were oppressed but overcame it, while you are just the ghost designer. That'll help you get this on buzzfeed or some shit and you'll blow up super quick. I can already imagine the headline- "This Black Lesbian defied the odds and created her own clothing line to smash white privilege"
>>
This is a terrible idea unless your plan is to build a huge fanbase and then change your brand message into radical right wing stuff overnight or donate all the profits to the trump campaign and sending a message to everyone on your email list thanking them for their contributions. Becoming a jew just for the shekels is not the answer.
>>
>>11260483
isn't this virgil abloh
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.