[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What you don't pay for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: underwear.png (343KB, 518x971px) Image search: [Google]
underwear.png
343KB, 518x971px
So yeah, obviously many of you spend money on grails and shit, but what do you not actually drop money for? Underwear? Socks? Bags? Shirts? And where do you get these? Why do you not pay good money for them?
>>
>>11255153
Why the fuck wouldn't you drop money on shirts?
>>
>>11255187
Depends. Some people have a budget and spend it on Uniqlo, others just feel that depending on what it is, it's not worth it. Who knows?

Do people actually spend large amounts of money on underwear and socks, though? Like, is anyone ACTUALLY buying fucking Versace underwear for $120 a pop? It seems ridiculous.
>>
>>11256052

I spend £8 per pair of boxer short which could seem a lot considering you could get 10 pairs for a fiver.
>>
File: inspo253.jpg (236KB, 1100x1250px) Image search: [Google]
inspo253.jpg
236KB, 1100x1250px
>>11255153

Decent quality solid basics:

Underwear - Calvin klein (briefs or zinc only)/Acne/tommy hilfiger

Socks - Uniqlo/anonymous ism/falke

Luxury Bags - Givenchy/SLP

Normal bags - mission workshop/everlane
>>
Out of what I own, I'd say I'm more likely to cheap out on belts and underwear. Not Walmart level cheap, but I only own one belt that cost over $30, and most of my underwear is from Winners. And most of my lounge wear is inexpensive, mostly cheap tees and sweatpants/pyjamas.

I cycle a lot, so I have a handful of cheap sales-rack zara and h&m pants for that, since they tend to get chain grease and crotch blowouts.

I also never spent much on work-specific clothing that I'd never wear in public.
>>
Skate shoes are Vans.
Boxers are all Uniqlo and Muji.
Socks are mostly Uniqlo but I'm not satisfied, trying out others, White Mountaineering, Danner, Falke etc

Cheaping out on bags is dumb.
>>
Underwear and socks I usually cheap out on unless it's a nice pair of cool socks
My bag is probably the most expensive item I own
I got some cheap shirts and turtlenecks from the lemaire uniqlo collab which I wear quite a lot but usually don't cheap out on them unless the design is nice
>>
>>11255153
Literally nothing. Every garment I wear, from my sea island cotton boxers, to my Italian silk dressing robe, to my micro modal undershirts and cable knit cashmere socks is an heirloom quality luxury good in own right and should be respected as such.
>>
>>11256068
>Decent quality solid basics:
>Underwear
include Uniqlo in that list dude, they're great at these, too.
>>
>>11255153
The most i'll spend on underwear is $25 or so. After that point the quality goes downhill. But honestly thats about the best price for good underwear.

Socks are all about the comfort. I get diabetic socks even though im not diabetic most of the time, and then socks like those cushioned ones.

Bags, do you really need more than one or two bags unless you're a woman? Handbags are oof in my opinion anyway.
>>
>>11257327
>Bags, do you really need more than one or two bags unless you're a woman?
Depends. One bag for work/school, but you might need stuff like duffel bags for travel or trips, not to mention suitcases and shit. But anyway, are you gonna spend a lot on those one or two bags, or are you just gonna get the cheapest backpack/messenger that you can find?
>>
To avoid dropping your money, I would recommend buying a wallet :)
>>
>>11259421
thank
>>
>>11258424
I wasnt really counting a suitcase as a bag but yeah, a good quality suitcase should also be purchased. I personally get bags on sale, got a kathmandu one for $40 down from $120, still in good condition after 4 years of use
>>
>>11255153
Food.
>>
I spend much much less on socks and underwear than other stuff and I'll buy cheap tees every once in a while.

I still have standards for all of those things, but I don't care as much about buying designer or whatever.

I'd never spend a lot on designer socks but I'll still happily drop twenty bucks on a good pair of wool socks. I guess that's kind of expensive to some people.

Underwear I just buy three packs of Puma. I value fit over brand on that shit and Puma fits me best.

I'll totally spend big bucks on a bag because the right design and features are totally worth it. If you need a bag you need certain things out of it and the perfect bag should justify a higher price.

Tees are an odd case for me. Some of my best looking and longest lasting tees are five dollar deals from TJ Maxx, which has made me think twice about spending a lot on a shirt. I'll spend more on a shirt if it has an interesting cut, design, or material. Most of my long sleeve shirts are Rick, Sruli Recht, or Devoa but most of my tees are free or cheap pieces.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.