[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sci/ here i bought this tie to wear to my award reception.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: s-l1600.jpg (540KB, 1597x1600px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
540KB, 1597x1600px
/sci/ here

i bought this tie to wear to my award reception. i was nominated for best undergrad research paper etc in the chemistry dept at uni.

anyway, wtf do i wear with this? i just have grey wool slacks, black slacks, blue and white shirts, black shoes, and a navy blue dress sweater in terms of dress stuff

ive never been here
pls halp /fa/

thanks
>>
>>11253702
Black pants, black shoes, white shirt, blue sweater if its cold. Well fitting and iron your shit.
>>
>>11253707
silly question (i rarely dress formal, or wear a tie, and no, my mom doesnt live with me sadly, and i dont have a gf at the moment):

if i wear the sweater the tie has to go underneath right

would a vest look stupid?
>>
You shouldn't wear tacky ties like that, man
>>
leave those ties to the 60 year old professors senpai
just get a basic tie and wear it with a suit, dress shirt and dress shoes
the sticky has info on all of this
>>
>>11253713
Dress like a nerd god like: bill gates did around the 80s. No, not a vest. Now go, we are sick of basic questions. Truly sorry but its true.
>>
>>11253702
can you teach me chem senpai
i failed my chem class
>>
>>11253744
me too
>>
>>11253729
>>11253742
i like the tie and i dont have any suits or money for to rent or buy one
>>11253743
pics
>>11253744
>>11253749
sure, what do you guys have trouble with
>>
>>11253752
That's fine but keep in mind that you will have to go out and get another tie now if you ever have to attend a life event of any significance (wedding, funeral, job interview, suiting up for a night out with the lads) cuz that won't fly in any other scenario
The only saving grace for kitschy neckties is if you're buying vintage Rooster square end ties and going for a throwback 60s look (short sleeve button down, cords, penny loafers, pen and pencil set)
Shit requires dedication and nobody else will get it
But the ties are awesome I have 10 or so science/math related ties that my grandfather wore when he was at Baxter
>>
>>11253702
What you need is a dark coloured blazer or a tweed jacket. Goodwill ones are fine. With a bit of searching you can probably find something in your size for under $10 (last blazer I bought was $15 + shipping). Tacky ties go well with tweed jackets.

>>11253713
Dressy vests always look stupid when worn alone, they should only ever be worn with a tailored suit in a matching colour.

>>11253707
If you don't want to buy anything, do as this guy says.
>>
>>11253702
go here
>>11249400
>>
File: 1461052778805.png (31KB, 720x644px) Image search: [Google]
1461052778805.png
31KB, 720x644px
>>11253702
Congratulations, anon! Its good to hear that people from this website are actually successful
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.