[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PROM GENERAL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (158KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
158KB, 1024x1024px
Which tux would you choose? What, if anything, would you change? My local tuxedo rental places aren't great and I'm not planning to buy one.

>also, prom questions/advice/inspo general
>>
>>11253120
More like cringe general
>>
>Get a jacket at H&M
>Get it fitted
>Get some proper fitting pants
>Fucking clean your leather shoes
>fix ur hair
>dont be a pizza face
then ull get laid kiddo
have fun
>>
>>11253125
>wearing a H&M jacket to a prom

wew lad
>>
>>11253120
>>11253122
More like underage general.

Friendly reminder to report clueless, underage, high-school posters. Make /fa/ great again.
>>
>>11253134
how many people in your (old) high school were younger than 18 when going to their senior prom? Most in my area are 18+ famalam.
>>
Any of those are fine as long as they fit nicely.
>>
1 or 3
>>
>the year of our Lord Kanye 2016
>not wearing full rick
you won't get laid, faggot
>>
>>11253120
2 is not okay because it has a notched lapel. You want either peaked or shawl collar. Notch is for guys who are afraid to have a lapel that's too different from a suit for fear of looking gay. It's the monster truck of tuxedo lapels.
>>
>>11253145
>>11253151
OP here, I agree. 2 is mainly there because it's offered in a slimmer cut, but I'd probably trade for a slightly lesser cut if I could avoid the notched lapel. I like 3, but I'm on the fence if it's too gaudy. Gf prefers 1, for context her dress is a burgundy color.
>>
>>11253171
Black is safe, looks good on everyone in the context of a tux, and shawl collars are dank but underappreciated so there won't be too many guys wearing them.
>>
>>11253120
>wearing a tux to prom
>>
go for a full white tie attire and style all over your plebian friends
>>
>>11253120
You're better off buying a charcoal or black suit.
You'll probably need both, in your adult life, and your own will always fit better than a rental.
>>
File: 1420936044693.jpg (12KB, 169x185px) Image search: [Google]
1420936044693.jpg
12KB, 169x185px
>>11253133
>putting effort into prom
>not being too cool for prom
>not getting asked out by a 7/10 and rejecting her
>end up regretting it when your at home playing tales of the abyss on your 3ds
>>
>>11254194
My story, except she's more like an 8
>>
>>11254194
you say this as a joke but i actually did turn down prom from a 7/10 that i was in a fwb relationship with

didn't regret not going and haven't regretted not going yet
>>
>>11254202
I don't regret not going with her, I regret not going and instead playing jrpgs at home when everyone was having fun
>>
>>11253133
wearing whatever to prom is fine - the main issue is the fitting, which is a plus if you're aware of such issues (you'll stand out regardless, even if you found your suit in a dump and it fits)
>>
>>11253120
The rightmost one looks like it's trying to pull the hipster alternative tryhard kid midnight blue one.

Avoid it.

A midnight dinner suit is something you get bespoke.
Off the rack shit never gets it right.

If you're a movie star or a crinkly old english aristocrat, fine.

For prom?

This is what you'll be:

There's always going to be one faggot at any faggy function trying to pull off a navy dinner suit after having read askmen or some other shitty online fashion tips shit, that won't stfu about it, like the ones that "only drink whiskey" and never pass an opportunity to let others know.

Don't be that fag.
>>
>>11254350
>The rightmost one looks like it's trying to pull the hipster alternative tryhard kid midnight blue one.
Note that that's what I think it's doing.
My monitor isn't calibrated and is fucking up atm.
>>
Guest of the Graduate here,
advice and inspiration please!
>>
>>11254194
>I would've went with her
>but she was in my PE class
>super "nice" but it was like in a condescending way
>she talked to me like you talk to a small child or literal retarded person
>she and her friends would cheer for everything I do and other people too
>never shit the fuck up
>despite her being pretty hot she dressed like a literal autist
>had a haircut you see on elementary school kids
>never shut the fuck up
>despite this she always hung out with the "popular" crowd and had a ton of friends
>I only regret it because I spent the whole weekend at home
>>
>>11253120
Find a j c penny, buy a suit for the price of a rental.
Gitrdun son
>>
Don't rent. The rental places will charge you out the ass. Get some suit separates and dress them with a bow tie. Don't give away your parents money
>>
>>11253120
first one in the colour of the last one
>>
Tom Ford or might as well stay home.
>>
look on grailed or ebay for good tux shit at like half the price first senpai
>>
File: zoom_150709_TKMN_ON_90659.jpg (175KB, 1240x1736px) Image search: [Google]
zoom_150709_TKMN_ON_90659.jpg
175KB, 1240x1736px
Bought pic related, not for prom but still posting. What shirt, tie and pocket square should I wear with it at casual/semi-casual occasions?
>>
File: image.jpg (71KB, 612x792px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71KB, 612x792px
any suggestions for shoes famalam
>>
File: image.jpg (383KB, 1536x1129px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
383KB, 1536x1129px
>>11253149
Lol
>>
>>11257656
tan yeezys
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.