[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is every faggot whos into workwear a manlet?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

File: tumblr_nxk0pu4psp1utstr0o1_1280.jpg (923KB, 1280x1600px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nxk0pu4psp1utstr0o1_1280.jpg
923KB, 1280x1600px
Why is every faggot whos into workwear a manlet?
>>
Compensation
>>
is that true? non-japanese workwear usually sizes up pretty heavy. I normally wear M or L and even XS carhartt is too big on me
>>
>>11239131
/thread
>>
>>11239139
that's because normal people wear workwear doing blue collar work.

fuck are people actually this stupid?
>>
i know you've made this thread before, same picture and all
you must be pretty proud of yourself
>>
>>11239127
this dude looks like he has very minimal dwarfism or something what the fuck
>>
>>11239145
I know that, but then how the hell do manlets work it out?
>>
>>11239168
they buy shit designer brands instead of decently made clothing or order special.
>>
File: 1461984135029.jpg (206KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1461984135029.jpg
206KB, 500x500px
I would not be surprised to learn that the way we experience time - passing in a linear fashion at a certain speed - results in a general susceptibility to much of our behavior being influenced by symbolism and / or narratives.

This (the workwear thing) is just one example of a dynamic that, to me. appears ubiquitous.

Here are some assumptions one might make after reading books written by Joseph Campbell and Ernest Becker:

>In more primitive societies, males of a certain age were subject to ceremonies and rites of passage that signified they were no longer children and had become men
>Humans no longer live in small tribes
>Though there exists an implied differentiation between boyhood and manhood, there is no longer an established criteria for when a boy becomes a man
>There still exists a psychological need to be seen as a man
>identity crisis

I think this is why the whole fedoralord thing is so appalling.

Whether it's the trilby, carton of lucky strikes, or weird fucking philosophical opinions he's spouting*, it's a not-so-subtle attempt to be a man via MATERIALISM. Rather than having real convictions and achievements, he buys OBJECTS that are supposed to convey his identity. It's a poor manipulation of symbolism.

*He = the most stereotypical hypothetical neckbeard you can envision
>>
>>11239276
Refer to >>11239131
>>
File: imgp3451.jpg (63KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
imgp3451.jpg
63KB, 300x400px
>>11239127
>tfw manlet
>tfw i love workwear
>>
>>11239151
Manlet spotted
>>
File: 1461882449646.png (269KB, 459x498px) Image search: [Google]
1461882449646.png
269KB, 459x498px
My dear sir,

If we are to escape the clutches of culturally conditioned zombification, it shall be necessary to expand upon concepts which (as shown by a thread like this even having been made) are not immediately apparent to everyone!

What I mean to say is that the very emergence of OP's question suggests that a one word summarization is not sufficient to enlighten those among us less privy to the implications such an answer contains!
>>
>>11239276
t. Joseph Campbell
>>
Because everything else looks high school, faggot or boy tier.

Nice duplicate thread.
>>
>>11239127
This dude looks like a doll wtf
>>
for some reason i blame interstellar for propelling carhartt/pointer chores jackets onto the general population, which then creeped into raws and Red Wings
>>
>>11239924
Definitely not, workwear/"lumbersexual" cores were around way before
>>
>>11239924
Shit, I haven't seen this and I was going to get one of those jackets.

Guess I better not.
>>
>>11239924
Interstellar was so terrible. And people praised it so much. I think it might actually be the last time I went back to a normal theater. The last time I was so offended at such a obnoxiously bad movie was American Hustle. Both actually ruined my entire day.
>>
>>11239966
Just buy the damn thing, it's just a nice jacket.
>>
>>11239995
I agree, that cheating bitch in american hustle ruined my day
>>
>>11239127
I have not seen this IRL, workwear cunts I've seen are usually big as cos it compliments them
>>
>>11239127
Damn, those proportions are so weird
>>
>>11239930
>propelling
>general population
key words friendo
>>
>>11239127
1. they're more likely to work out, as it suits the aesthetic and they're typically older than anyone on /fa/ so the whole heroin-chic-jegging-instagram-streetwear thing wouldn't fly for them anymore.
2. looser, roomier cuts are more common
these combined create bulky, heavy proportions, but hardly any of them are actually short.
>>
>>11239127
lanklets cant cuff their jeans
>>
I'm not very skinny (meaning I'm fat), and I'm king of manlets at 6'0, so I like some aspects of workwear. It suits my fat frame better than most other styles.
>>
>>11239995
Cool blogpost, senpai
>>
>>11241197
No shit. Workwear was pops with the general population before Intersteller released. You're a moron who knows shit about fuckall.
>>
>>11239127
it hearkens back to the mid-1900's Century Industrial Revolution when the average height of men was less than 5'8
>>
>>11239127
is this H3H3?
>>
File: AoB231s.jpg (528KB, 1200x1418px) Image search: [Google]
AoB231s.jpg
528KB, 1200x1418px
i have a pointer brand chore coat and i hate it. the collar is way too big and floppy and it curls.
>>
>>11241282
youre fucking retarded when the subject was chorecoats

never said anything about workwear, just the coat manlet :^)
>>
>>11239276
if this is OC then you might be on to something
>>
>>11239127
I'm 6'1 skinnyfag and into workwear aesthetic, but I can't BUY any of it. None of the beautiful Japanese stuff or the vintage stuff the crops up is my size, it's all made for the manlets. Makes me sad.
>>
>>11242065
not samefag but just thought id point out that the carhartt jacket in the pic u posted is not even a chore coat.
>>
wtf is up with his Bob the builder action figure looking ass
>>
>>11239276
but lucky strikes are delicious
>>
>>11239995
Tell me about all the foreign arthouse films you think are superior.
>>
>>11239127
I own that jacket in brown, and there's no way that guy actually goes around with his fully buttoned up. It's cut like a box, so it needs to be oversized if you want any freedom of movement. It would feel like a straightjacket.
Coincidentally, he would look a lot better without the jacket.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.