[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some good "Levi's tier" jeans that aren't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 3

File: levis-tag.jpg (185KB, 635x300px) Image search: [Google]
levis-tag.jpg
185KB, 635x300px
What are some good "Levi's tier" jeans that aren't Levi's?
>>
why not levis op
>>
>>11206428
€100 in Europe.
>>
>>11206436
ahh i see

no hate, do you need to spend mall tier bucks? i was in your shoes if so until; recently and I get it

theres plenty of cool ones like acne and because raws were pretty in everyone has jeans
>>
>>11206428
>>11206442
I have 2 pairs and I like them but their inconsistent sizing makes finding a pair a fucking chore. I wanted to take advantage of their 2nd for 50% off deal going on at Macy's yesterday and it was impossible to find another pair that fit.
>>
>>11206449
yeah man I feel you What I do now is order 4 of the same pair from amazon and get them tailored if they need it and return the rest

ridiculous process but it works

unfortunately a place selling raws like gustin or something may be your best bet for consistent sizing.

also, dont underestimate a good tailor. 20 bucks and you enjoy your pants more every day
>>
>>11206425
Big 3 are Levi's, Wranglers, and Lee. You can probably import the latter two.
>>
>>11206449
i buy cheap jeans and tailor them at home... invest in a sewing machine
>>
>>11206456
Do you get them taken in the waist or just legs?
>>
>>11206436

I always wait for sales and pick them up for like 50 or 60€. Which is bullshit because that's normal price for America but whatever.
>>
>>11206461
I actually usually get the waist and seat I have massive tree trunk legs so i need 541s and then a tighter waist and possibly butt. in the end they end up fitting pretty aight!

>>11206458
where did you learn?~!

hate to be an asshole but the amount of mom blog spam on how to make aprons is bullshit. i wanna learn the basics with good clear isntructions.
>>
How are Levi's motion jeans?
>>
>>11206449
Yeah Levi's quality control is pure shit. I can't believe that isn't an issue for them.
>>
>>11206472
youtube man its really simple look up how to tailor jeans
>>
>>11206472
I have only done the waist in my chinos but they seem pretty easy compare to jeans. What do the alteration in jeans waist look like?
>>
>>11206472
how 2 find good tailor???
>>
>>11206513
risk it and take a pair of pants to one. I live in seattle so its not hard to look up reviews

I lived in a much smaller city previously and was afraid too. If you have a good business im sure they all do a fine job. Try with a cheaper pair of levis first I'd say!
>>
>have a pair of levi 511s
>the bottom where the pant meets the top of the shoe flare out for some reason and are like twice the width of the rest of the pant

i dont get it
>>
>>11206546
Why didn't you take them back
>>
>>11206546
bad QC my dude
>>
>>11206551
it happened over time wearing them

I wonder if it's because they're a little bit too long so they have been sitting over the top of the shoe and the shoe caused them to expand a little bit

I don't like wearing jeans that end at the ankle and leave the bottom exposed
>>
>>11206546
They're not, all pants should have slight tapered whether they're straight or loose, unless bootcut. Your calves and ankles are probably too slim so they give off that impression. Use a tape measure and you'll see.
>>
levis 514s
>>
>>11206564
dude who claimed bad WC here. try heating or washing them to get it to contract a bit?
>>
>>11206576
i wash them occasionally and usually right after a wash they are okay. im pretty sure the issue is that they are a bit too long so they rest on the shoe and the shoe causes them to jut out

I wish there was a way to make them a bit shorter. i hate how levi sizing isnt always accurate
>>
>>11206584
same dude helping you above

dude just get them hemmed holy shit, or fuckign roll them

>complaining when thats the easiest, cheapest alteration out there
>>
>>11206425
Got this exact pair for $6 at a thrift. Best purchase ever made. Looking to get in a lighter color for full price.
>>
>>11206584
Get them hemmed and ask them to taper them for you too
>>
I know you pale eurofags love rolling your dickies so check those out. Never tried the jeans (heard good things) but if you want durable and fresh looking pants try the 874s.
>>
>>11206457
What's the goto for Lee's? Anything high rise?
>>
Uniqlo obviously.
>>
>>11207617
regular fit or 101
>>
>>11206457
>Lee
Lee is seriously shit-tier do not buy them unless you just want cheap shitty pants.

Wranglers are good for work pants you don't mind getting dirty but they are no fashionable by any stretch of the imagination.
>>
>>11206442
Why did you use a semicolon there, you fucking idiot?
>>
lvc jeans.
>>
>>11208306
>Wranglers are good for work pants you don't mind getting dirty but they are no fashionable by any stretch of the imagination.
they're just straight leg jeans bro. i fail to see how they couldn't be worn fashionably.
>>
>>11208328
Pretty terrible fit. I have a few pairs myself, but I only wear them when I'm doing work outside. They don't really look "bad" but if OP just wants some mediocre dad jeans why did he make a whole thread about? Do they not sell such jeans in Europe?
>>
File: 4802_b.jpg (79KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
4802_b.jpg
79KB, 550x550px
>>11208346
They seem to fit pretty well to me. I have a pair of 13mwz myself and they fit just a bit looser than 501. The 936s were so skin tight that I couldn't wear even with 2 sizes up. If you're skeleton definitely go for it. Concerned about the brandings and dad jean connotation? remove the stitching and logos.
>>
>>11208409
Straight leg is way out of style, all jeans should have some degree of taper
>>
>>11208430
ALL jeans have some degree of taper unless they're boot cut. "Tapered" style just mean they taper more aggressively. Go measure a pair of jeans at the knee then at the hem.

>straight leg out of style
lol dude
>>
>>11208430

2009 MFA wants its prescriptive tips back
>>
>>11208409
Wranglers are decent jeans and I have a few pairs myself but lets be real here: If OP was looking for a decent pair of dad jeans he could just walk into any random clothes store and pick up a few pairs. I can't imagine any situation in which someone would feel the need to start a thread on /fa/ if their goal was to get recommended Wrangler-tier jeans.
>>
>>11208454
OP is in Europe, which means Levi's are premium. Even here in the US, a pair of 501s cost about $45 and $30 on sale. Designer or raws cost even more. Wranglers are like $20 normally and much more cost-efficient than any Levi's.
>>
>>11206425
Kirkland
>>
Lee more good than Levi's srsly
>>
>>11208552

>a pair cost $45... Designer cost even more

ffs i would hope designer jeans cost more than $45
>>
>>11206472
Just buy a sewing machine, get an old pair of pants, and google. It's super easy. Sewing machine is definitely the best gift I'very ever gotten
>>
>>11208430
so lame
>>
>>11206425
Carhartts are alright
>>
>>11206425
Bump
>>
my un-effay dad gets sicc fadez on his bargain basement uniqlo jeans by wearing them every day and washing once a month
>>
Uniqlo, nigga.
>>
>>11206425
CHEAP MONDAY

you can find them as cheap as 25 euros shipped to every european country
>>
>>11208437
just checked my 501s: no taper below the knee
>>
>>11206425
try diesel op, you can never go wrong with got tier jeans.
>>
File: viper.jpg (31KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
viper.jpg
31KB, 320x320px
>>11206457
>Wranglers
>Lee
>>
>>11209489
no way. i own two pairs and they both have at least an inch of taper
>>
>>11209854
if levis are acceptable than those are too
stop using gq as your primary source of fashion knowledge
>>
Abercrombie, Gap
>>
>>11206436
120-140 in Japan so we're in the same boat.
>>
>>11210046
Levis are arguably better looking than those brands. Not that I wouldn't ditch mine for some actually good jeans, but my point still stands.

>>11212946
>jp
>complaining about the prices of western brands
Get a S003JP and laugh at plebs wearing Levi's.
>>
>>11206425
Uniqlo and Cheap Monday tbqh.

>>11208581
No it's not. It's on the same tier as boylondon and those other trashy brands that no one cops.
>>
>>11206425
Shop at a Levi's outlet senpai.
>>
>>11208313
not that anon but take a look at the keyboard bruh, what key do you notice is right next to the "L"??? what do you think happened?

JUST using your thinking cap bro, you can figure it out ;)
>>
>>11206436
For that much i'd rather go with Guess
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.