[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trench Coats

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

I don't understand.

/fa/ says trench coats are for "fedora tippers", but they're literally the most stylish coat their is.

Explain this.
>>
>>11200310
You have to dress like an adult to wear a trench coat. People dress like edge children here.
>>
It's really hard to pull them off, apparently. I'm 19 right now going to an American university, and I know there's no way in hell I'll be able to wear one right now without looking like a tipper. My style just hasn't developed to that point. I'll buy my Burberry someday, but now is just not the time.
>>
>>11200383
You can pull off a single-breasted trench at hip length on a rainy day. Ones as long or only slightly longer than your typical winter jacket won't look out of place.
>>
File: narrow.jpg (268KB, 1450x512px) Image search: [Google]
narrow.jpg
268KB, 1450x512px
>>11200383
this is going sound silly, but you really ought to consider buying a burberry trench coat asap.

their heritage collection never goes on sale, and is only going up in price.

these coats used to cost $1,100 2 years ago. Now, they cost $1795 for literally no reason. The price just goes up by $100 a year.
>>
>>11200310

As with most of men's clothes, function should play a major role on why you decide what you wear.

I have no need for a trench coat living in Los Angeles, so if I wear one to look "stylish" that makes it cringe.

also, a trench coat is long enough and designed to protect your good clothing from getting wet.

so unless you are wearing decent clothes underneath (i.e. a suit, or good jacket and trousers) there is no point in wearing a trench coat when you can wear any other type of rain coat.

when you wear the trench to look teh cool, that is when it becomes cringe, when you wear a trench coat because it's wet and cold outside and you don't want to get your fine clothes wet, that if fine.
>>
>>11200310
They're just too European for many Americans to wear well. The epaulets and double-breasted style just comes off as fussy most of the time, regardless of the garment's wartime origins. Current and traditional American dress has relatively little use for double-breasted anything. Burberry is also getting associated with rich Chinese kids, which I think we can all agree is a bit of a negative association.
>>
overcoat>trenchcoat
>>
>>11200310
I am wearing a beige colored trench coat with plain gray jeans and ordinary brown sneakers today.
I feel no shame at all.
>>
>>11202099
Post a pic? Would like to see your fit.
>>
>>11201309
Agreed.

Although your picture is disgusting.
>>
File: L12661807.jpg (50KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
L12661807.jpg
50KB, 650x650px
Who /peacoat/ here.
>>
>>11202114
needs trousers instead of jeans
>>
>>11202162
The only thing that looks good (decent) in that picture is the overcoat itself.

Everything else is pure shit, from his ugly shoes to his anorexic legs and the dress he's wearing under the coat.
>>
>>11202147
Pair it when slightly too long and loose straight leg mid blue denim jeans and beat up black, white or brown no-brand trainers and you'll be good to go to an engineering lecture at my uni.
>>
>>11202265
With *
>>
>>11201309
/fa/ is for real the least fashionable "fashion" community on the internet.

The very fact that people think ill-fitting pile of trash looks good is astounding.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.