[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fashion sins

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 6

What are your biggest absolute donts for fashion?
>>
vaping

being fat

dressing "mainstream" like middle america suburban walmart mainstream

dressing too out of place/dressing up too much/dressing down too much (like wearing shorts/tanktop to a wedding or a tux to go camping)

being ugly. Really tough to fix, and believe me I would know
>>
>>11195028
being messy or unorganised in any way is something i find unfashionable.
>>
>>11195140
Messyness is bad fashionableor not. Just makes you look like your shit isnt together
>>
>Fuccboi fashion with loads of x's and v's and general nonsensical crap on it
>Buying stuff because of the brand, regardless of how it looks
>Huaraches
>Tucking your t shirt in
>crocs
>spray on skinny jeans
>Sportswear when not playing sport/working out
>>
"funny" t shirts
Fedoras
Cargo shorts
Trench coats
Goatee beards
Being too skinny or fat
>>
>wearing brands for primary pieces ie. tops/bottoms
>back prints
>most colours
>ignoring silhouette
>>
>>11195028
Browsing a Micronesian Micropets Trading Post for fashion advice from angsty pizzafaced fuccbois who think that the girl they had no chance with/never actually approached fucking the guy who actually approached the girl is being "cucked"
>>
>>11195174
You sound very passive aggressive, which is a very beta thing to be. Confirmed as cucked.
>>
>>11195182
You sound very passive aggressive, which is a very beta thing to be. Confirmed as cucked.
>>
>>11195174
projecting much?
>>
>>11195190
>>
>>11195190
Hardly, just accurately describing the whiny beta faggots that make those "the girl I liked fucked somebody who wasn't me because I made no effort to ask her out, have I been cucked?" threads.
>>
>>11195201
This wasn't even me (the original poster)
>>
>>11195201
Sure jan...
>>
>>11195209
>>
File: tumblr_nie6f3YxBy1qmr4e7o1_1280.jpg (269KB, 1208x1208px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nie6f3YxBy1qmr4e7o1_1280.jpg
269KB, 1208x1208px
>>11195068

this. fucking mouth fedoras.

Also trying waaay to hard to be masculine in various ways, where people would definitely say you're "overcompensating"

Like having huge bulky muscles, veins, hulkmode
Having a riced/stanced ride, or something lifted, or something overly muscle/flashy (classic muscle is fine if tasteful and pre 1972, any modern day comaro/mustang/etc is way bro-tier tryhard)
Gaudy luxury on display for everyone, like cheesy gucci logos on everything, copious amounts of jewelry, most hip hop fashion in general

TO CONTRAST, HERE ARE THINGS THAT ARE ABSOLUTE DOs:
looking like or taking inspiration from old money: tailored cuts, authentic materials like leather
classic sports, muscle, luxury cars (A 2009 WRX lowered on coilovers is NOT classic)
Thin, skinny fat, trim, fit body types: overall frame that is well proportioned, able to wear clothes well and effortlessly. Doesn't have to be anorexic but definitely can't be beer belly chub
>>
Extended tees are the biggest sin. Why on earth would anyone want to make their legs look shorter and their torso longer?
>>
Blazers and polos together in the summer. It's comfy and looks good to me.
>>
>wearing expensive hypebeast sneakers when the rest of the fit is complete trash

Why do so many people do this?
>>
v-necks
chelsea boots
>>
Fake gaudy shit. Looking at you arabs wearing fake gucci and fake louis vuitton. You're not fooling anyone.
>>
SJW hair and clothes, all awkward fitting, cheap neon looking, bad tattoos and pointless piercings

Ridiculous printed leggings, ratty kool-aid, bitch glasses, awful awful makeup
>>
>>11195804
Pointless piercings? Like the Jacob's Ladder?
>>
>>11195788
triggered
>>
>>11195816

eh depends on size/amount/placement, but if you have to ask, probably.

Gauged anything, fucking septum "basic bitch edgy" tier piercings, pseudo rockabilly 40's/50's pin up fake bettie page hairstyles and clothes. I guarantee your "rockabilly style" makes you look like an aging vegas slot machine addict, with the gaudy makeup, muffintop, and wingtip bejeweled eyesglasses
>>
>>11195909
I don't have any, just asking m8
>>
>>11195711
the proportions can look nice if done right. it also works better if you're tall.
>>
>>11196027
>it also works better if you're tall

but that applies to virtually ever single article of clothing ever
>>
>>11195706
>>>/#menswear/
>>
>>11195804
>SJW hair and clothes,
They've ripped off all punk fashion, it was always so strictly left.
>>
Birkenstocks. Since when were man feet aesthetic?
>>
File: 1410207823922.jpg (466KB, 1280x1707px) Image search: [Google]
1410207823922.jpg
466KB, 1280x1707px
fashion prescriptivism

pic related everyone in this thread
>>
>>11195156
>Tucking your t shirt in

so if you're using one as an undershirt with a button-up over it, you should just leave both untucked right?
>>
>>11195159
>"funny" t shirts
This. Unless you have a joke that is so utterly hilarious that you can tell it dozens of times a day to your coworkers for months on end, it doesn't belong on a shirt.
>>
>>11196088
Yes it's shorter than the shirt anyway
>>
>>11196097
wtf lol
>>
>>11196097
What if you have pectus carinatum and shirts look better on you when they are tucked?
>>
I personally really dislike the ghetto centric sweatpants 'suit', unless it's slav.

fat post-hardcore fashion

the abundant fad of skinny jeans and heels, just looks like a lazy way to dress up. Same with women who wear jeans and sweaters everyday.

People in general that don't have any taste in their clothing, like the women above or the dad jeans boring shirt guy. You could dress like a cliche redneck with the army hat and a redneck shirt (i knew a guy who once had a gopher hunting shirt and it said on the back "it's what rednecks do after dark". It's stupid but it's something.

nerd/manchild-core and femaleNerd/womanchild-core. those people that make zero attempt to do anything and wear the same hippie lesbian or manchild suit everyday. Most of these people are rich!

Rich people that dress worse than me.
>>
>>11196027
>look nice
>tfw 2013 /fa/ would eat that aesthetic alive and bring someone to suicide for wearing it

i miss when /fa/ wasn't full of redditors
>>
>>11196119
>i miss when /fa/ wasn't full of redditors
Redditors are too used to being rewarded for safe one word comments.
>>
>>11196114
Then tuck them, do what looks good for you m8
>>
Having more than max 1 small logo/print visible on your outfit
>>
>>11196227
Autism
>>
>Answers thread
>no one replies.
>>
>>11196257
Tell me that shit looks good
>>
Sandals in general ar a big don't

Feet are disgusting why would you like to show em off
>>
>>11195068

ugly is easy to fix, just be confident and dress well w good hygiene and no one will care that youre ugly as sin
>>
>>11195159

>"funny" t shirts

holy fuck you hit the nail on the head, middle school flashbacks
>>
>>11195711
People who have long legs and short torsos
>>
File: West-Side-Story-The-Sharks[1].jpg (91KB, 809x360px) Image search: [Google]
West-Side-Story-The-Sharks[1].jpg
91KB, 809x360px
>>11195156
>>Tucking your t shirt in

like this?
>>
>>11196801
Unless you're a qt girl
>>
>>11197349
girls don't exist
>>
Long pants with ankle socks

Absolutely awful
>>
>>11196801
Nahh man sandals/flip flops look good when doing beach bum or just out at the beach. Its very common here in Socal, you're not going to wear shoes to the beach
>>
>Jogger pants
>bright flashy colors
>basketball shorts in public/ or when not playing basketball
>>
>>11195174
who hurt you anon
>>
>>11197390
Oh yeah I forgot lol
>>
>>11197710
this might be the most faggot response that was possible
>>
>>11195028
Wearing a tight-fitting bomber with baggy jeans

>>11195870
Factor
>>
>>11195156
Crocs are gods gift to people working outside in the heat
>>
DON'T: wearing leather jackets
>>
>>11198377
poor fag detected
>>
>>11198373
and to anyone who works in a kitchen
>>
>>11196116
>fat post-hardcore fashion

Example?
>>
>>11196272
this
>>
File: blank.jpg (18KB, 630x471px) Image search: [Google]
blank.jpg
18KB, 630x471px
>>11195151
what if my shit isnt together
>>
wearing anything kanye related, ever
>>
>>11195028
fjällräven (literally see them everywhere)

being fat (even though im pretty chubby myself lol)

jordans

most band t-shirts

Polo beanies
>>
>>11195156
Nothing wrong with a tuck if you have decent height and physique.

Also depends on type of shirt.
>>
>>11197349
>>11197390
women are a meme
>>
>>11201628
this. tucked in shirts work extremely well if you're >6' and wear e.g. dark, high waisted wool pants.

If you're a manlet and wearing sweatpants, then no, don't tuck.
>>
File: 1460063926551.jpg (778KB, 900x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1460063926551.jpg
778KB, 900x1600px
standing knock kneed
>>
>>11196087
still a good fit after all these fucking years
>>
Those hot topic baggy bondage pants or whatever with all the chains on them
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.