[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are Herschel backpacks quality really that bad? Could it last

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 9

Are Herschel backpacks quality really that bad? Could it last 3 years of college use or should I just go for a plain, old, boring but durable jansport?
>>
>>11166323
Just get a better quality backpack if you already assume those aren't going to cut it
>>
>>11166323
A large part of quality is how well you take care of it. If you throw your bag around and mistreat it, then it won't last very long. If you baby it, then it should be okay for 3 years.

I used a jansport from 6th-11th grade and it only broke due to messing around with it. Thats over 5 years for a $40 backpack.
>>
>>11166323
It's fucking crap. I got a hole only after 6 months of using it. Before I had 2 nike backpacks in my whole lifes and I am a senior in college right now.
>>
>>11166323
Why not just get an actual tough backpack?
>>
>>11166368
I'd like to comment: I'm harder on my backpacks now than I used to be
So that kind of comparison is meaningless
>>
>>11166323
mine ripped within 2 months and i wasnt being rough with it or anything. a friend came over and saw it and told me he had the same bag and it had ripped in the exact same spot as well. garbage quality
>>
>>11166377
Well I don't want a backpack that makes me look like I'm hiking everyday
>>
Bought this one maybe ~4 years ago.

There's a gaping hole at the top front seam and another one near the bottom on the back. Think it's mainly from stuffing groceries inside.
>>
OP here, if that's so, what jansport back looks exactly or closely to the heritage backpack?
Hardmode: no superbreak or rightpack
>>
File: T19V_0HC_front.jpg (108KB, 920x920px) Image search: [Google]
T19V_0HC_front.jpg
108KB, 920x920px
>>11166538
why not the rightpack?
>>
Herschel is normie core.
>>
>>11166323
>a backpack without hip support
Quite possibly the most retarded idea ever, I don't know why so many people wear them.
>>
>>11166323
they look bland as fuck get something with character/style
>>
>>11166384
Swissgear doesn't look the best but it lasts a long time. I got mine in junior high and it's still in great condition.
>>
File: 91PEOG9OLoL._UY679_.jpg (33KB, 385x679px) Image search: [Google]
91PEOG9OLoL._UY679_.jpg
33KB, 385x679px
Off-topic question.
Does /fa/ like plain styled or stylish, multi-colored packs?
Also more or less zippers?
Lastly what do you think about pic related? Is it good?
>>
>>11166723
This one looks fine. At the end of the day, it's a fucking backpack. It serves a very important purpose, especially if you're a college student. Don't worry about what it looks like as long as you aren't buying some really autistic/pop-culture shit (TMNT backpack, grenade backpack, Pokeball backpack, Star Wars backpack).
>>
>>11166675
I don't think it's regarded as normie core as they're a bit pricier than jansport backpack, which are really common to normies broke or not.
Also I'm living in a shitty third world country so that means a lot of fake jansport backpacks
>>
>>11166819
Why would anyone fake a Jansport?! That seems like the dumbest thing. It's one of the most inexpensive brands that exist.
>>
>>11166857
Its mainly because of the name and the price.
The price of a jansport here is worth a day's work or two so people go buy cheap $6 (converted) fake jansport so that they too can be on the bandwagon
>>
>>11166323
I have a Herschel I bought new 4 years ago.
It has lasted for near daily use for school books, etc. I definitely throw my bag around a lot so I'd say it was worth the 65$ as far as quality goes. From the reactions in this thread the quality might be hit or miss or have declined since then.
If I bought a bag now I would just get a similar looking jansport and diy some stuff, so I suggest that.
>>
>>11166890
Why haven't you moved to the great USA?
Why stay in a shit country?
>>
>>11166323
>Herschel and Jansport are the only backpack manufacturers in the entirety of the universe. Which one should I get, since there are literally no other options for me?
>>
>>11166922
The one from everlane that kinda looks the same.
>>
>>11166928
Everlane garment quality is fantastic for the price, but multiple people were saying that the backpack quality wasn't great in the last backpack thread. I haven't owned one myself, but the company seems really great otherwise.
>>
buy an LV backpack like kanye
>>
>>11166323
I've had a herschel bag for 2 years no problems really there are some slight rips in the bottom but I throw it around and treat it like shit. Nothing major tho
>>
>>11166948
Pic or it didn't happen
>>
>>11166323
I have the same exact bag but the leather wears a little but other than that it's going strong and I'm on my 2nd year
>>
>>11166686
thisss
swissgear is gr8
>>
File: 2016-04-12 21.14.21.jpg (3MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-12 21.14.21.jpg
3MB, 3024x4032px
I bought pic related a while back from Poler and really like it, it's held up well
It's not showing up on their store now though, anyone know if they stopped selling them?
>>
>>11167005
dude just message their customer service. do something for yourself.
>>
I bought that everlane bag 4 years ago and its still not showing any wear.
>>
>>11167053
I don't need to buy another of the same backpack mate I just wrote that out of curiosity
Calm yourself goddamn
>>
>>11166377
I have this bag I use it to store my drugs
>>
>>11166323
I have one and it can carry my laptop and all the gear with it and added heavy books, I've had it for 2 years now and it's still holding up great.
>>
>>11167084
Same
>>
>>11167088
Are this years herschel bags durable now?
>>
I got a little america herschel like 3 years ago but it's beat to shit and has a small hole on the bottom. within the first 10 minutes of me having it one of the inside pockets ripped
>>
File: Coteetcielnile.jpg (898KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Coteetcielnile.jpg
898KB, 1000x1500px
>>11166323
Cop the memesack instead bruv.
>>
I prefer 5.11 rush 12 in black

Sure it looks military and whatever, but it's durable and practical which is all a bacpack should be.
>>
File: image.jpg (38KB, 650x430px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38KB, 650x430px
>not purchasing murdered out Chrome
>>
File: 71D+oIZf2KL._SL1500_.jpg (132KB, 1000x1267px) Image search: [Google]
71D+oIZf2KL._SL1500_.jpg
132KB, 1000x1267px
What does /fa/ think about pic related?
>>
>>11166723
dont do it mate
>>
>>11166723
>>11167351
is this a joke? literally timbuk2 would be more /fa/
>>
>>11166356
That is some of the stupidest reasoning I have ever seen on this board. If you purchase a shit quality backpack that has been poorly made with cheaper materials then it will definitely fall apart quicker than a better one with the same amount of use.
>>
>No one posting a vans backpack
>>
>>11167078
Ikr ppl nowadays
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.