[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Inexpensive Menswear?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (105KB, 668x445px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
105KB, 668x445px
Is there such a thing as good quality, made to measure and/or custom menswear that does not break the bank? Is this one of those things where you have to pick two, to the exclusion of the third?

As with most things in life, I dress mainly for the approval of well informed nerds online.

Thanks.
>>
HK:
$750 for a bespoke floating canvas blazer (only use ethnic Chinese tailors)
$50 for a MTM shirt
$200 for MTM trousers
>>
>>11117248
But a ticket to HK costs quite a bit too, and you'll need to stay there for a couple months or make a few trips.

Unless you live there, that is.
>>
You could try Brooks Brothers' suiting essentials program.

$650 for a suit where is not exactly made to measure, but made to order where they still take all the measurements and you get to choose the fabrics and lining.
>>
I think SuitSupply recently launched a 'design your own suit'-programme on their web, you could check that out.
>>
I've heard some bad things about online stores such as ModernTailor for instance.

Were it not for the fact that my body keeps changing shape, I'd strongly consider going to HK and having new shirts made from my existing measurements.
>>
you can get suits with mediocre materials but great construction
a lot of the mexican tailors in dtla do this
i think it's something like 2 suits for 200, made to measure
>>
>>11117368
You won't get great materials for that price no matter where you buy your suit.
>>
>>11117315
Suit supply basically just sends you an off rack suit

It's just marketing
>>
I'm in Montreal, for what it's worth.
>>
Can most tailors make suits or do they have to specialize?
>>
>>11117382
i didn't say the material was going to be great
i literally stated the material would be mediocre
but 90% of you don't even know anything about fabrics to actually tell if it's quality or not
>>
File: Perfa.jpg (51KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Perfa.jpg
51KB, 600x600px
>>11117522
Oh, mixed the two together.

Still, you won't get a suit with great construction for $100/suit. You're deluded if you think otherwise.

>tfw the material alone that I ordered my overcoat in is multiple times as expensive as your wetback suits
>>
>>11117532
you don't know anything about garment construction, though
there's a reason why kirkland t shirts are considered quality--their construction is great, the materials are just obviously indicative of their price point

>yfw i never purchased one of those suits so your shitposting means nothing
>>
>>11117550
Kirkland construction. Is shitty machine stichibg with unfinished ends pattern is die cut and loose, hem is incomplete just flld and sew.

Lower end people think it's quality because 1: they starch their cotton so it has greater heft on rack 2: their low thread count hard hand cotton is of a heavy oz
>>
>>11117561
This is all very overwhelming. I'm also afraid to spend more money on something overpriced. What do?
>>
>>11117561
>1: they starch their cotton so it has greater heft on rack
already know you know nothing because you refer to fabrics by their fiber content
> 2: their low thread count hard hand cotton is of a heavy oz
i literally said "the materials are just obviously indicative of their price point"
what was the point of posting that?

>shitty machine stichibg with unfinished ends pattern is die cut and loose, hem is incomplete just flld and sew.
just stop
coverstitched sleeves and hem, set in sleeves, never any misstitches
you know why?
they fucking do mass production+sell in bulk and therefore cannot fucking afford/do not want to deal with returns because they would be on a grand scale
you're a consumer who doesn't know shit
keep paying the old jew who gropes you, i'm sure he teaches you a lot
>>
File: Saman Amel 19.jpg (260KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Saman Amel 19.jpg
260KB, 1080x1080px
>>11117550
>your shitposting means nothing

Sure it does. You're still wrong. For $100/suit you won't get neither good material nor good construction, no matter how you twist it.

You're like the people who are proud of their "MTM" suits they got done in Thailand while on vacation there.
>>
>>11117740
>You're like the people who are proud of their "MTM" suits they got done in Thailand while on vacation there.

What's wrong with that? What's the alternative?
>>
>>11117751
>What's the alternative?

Saving up for a better OTR suit? A real MTM suit? Going bespoke?

With actors like SuitSupply, you don't even have to spend a lot of money for a good quality suit that won't fall to pieces after your first wash.
>>
>>11117773

B-b-but he said...

>>11117395
>>
>>11117841
Their MTM programme might be shit, I don't know. Neither does Sieg. But their OTR suits are undoubtedly very good for the price they're sold for - you simply get a lot of suit for your $.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.