[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FRAGRANCE GENERAL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 318
Thread images: 41

Last thread near autosage >>11068068
---
BBC perfume documentary (part 1 of 3):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=annRzLYrRwM
---
general info
http://fragrance.org/intelligence/knowledge-center/
http://perfumesociety.org/discover-perfume/an-introduction/
---
various fragrance communities/review sites/blogs
http://www.fragrantica.com/
http://www.basenotes.net/
http://www.parfumo.net/
http://www.nstperfume.com/
http://www.boisdejasmin.com/
http://www.kafkaesqueblog.com/
----
w2c samples
http://www.luckyscent.com/
http://www.decantshop.com/
http://www.theperfumedcourt.com/
http://www.surrendertochance.com/
http://www.perfumista.co.uk/
http://www.ausliebezumduft.de/fragrances.html
---
on DIY fragrances
http://www.perfumersapprentice.com/
>>
File: frag.png (4MB, 5560x3312px) Image search: [Google]
frag.png
4MB, 5560x3312px
For anyone looking for fragrance suggestions, give as much information as possible about what you want. Helpful info could include gender, price range, climate/season, use (work/clubbing/etc.), notes/families you like/dislike, and other perfumes you've tried and liked/disliked.
>>
File: DSC_0414.jpg (310KB, 1399x922px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0414.jpg
310KB, 1399x922px
First for fresh cops
Time to smell like summer vacation
>>
>>11096421
Is that ad for real? It seems a little too satisfied with its own cleverness.
>>
File: penhaligons-blenheim.jpg (602KB, 560x700px) Image search: [Google]
penhaligons-blenheim.jpg
602KB, 560x700px
>>11097150
there's a whole line of them
>>
File: penhaligons-blenheim2.jpg (535KB, 560x700px) Image search: [Google]
penhaligons-blenheim2.jpg
535KB, 560x700px
>>11097261
>>
File: penhaligons-malabah2.jpg (430KB, 560x700px) Image search: [Google]
penhaligons-malabah2.jpg
430KB, 560x700px
>>11097262
>>
File: pazpcpm_aedt10_02__2.jpg (172KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
pazpcpm_aedt10_02__2.jpg
172KB, 800x800px
Anyone tried this out?
>>
File: penhaligons-endy2.jpg (470KB, 560x700px) Image search: [Google]
penhaligons-endy2.jpg
470KB, 560x700px
>>11097265
and one without the word "lady" in it
>>
>>11097272
and finally one that was rejected for being too lewd
>>
27/M looking for a spring/summer scent for around $100. I wear YSL l'homme libre a lot
>>
>>11097276
>too lewd
i dont get it
>>
>>11097708

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pearl_necklace_(sexuality)
>>
>>11097779
that's disgusting. do women really like cum on them?
>>
>>11097645
>around $100
Acqua Di Parma Colonia Intensa
>>
Thoughts on this line? Was going to sample some but I have to order them and wanted to know what others thought before I got them.
>>
Whats a good smokers fragrance?
>>
>>11097815
Some actually do. Most probably pretend they like it. Good enough for me. Some are forthcoming about their revulsion and they don't get a second date. There was one girl I was dating a while back who was awesome in every way, totally compatible, except the first time we had sex and I was about to cum, she pointed my dick away from her like it was a gun or something. Gave me a facial. Total turn off. Real shame.
>>
>>11098296
sweet scents I guess, like Dior Homme Intense
>>
Whats about this cheap Scent? Its only 20€ and people say its very good. Someone experience?
>>
File: 17296_2gvh822ng7_240.jpg (28KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
17296_2gvh822ng7_240.jpg
28KB, 240x240px
>>11098645
>Whats about this cheap Scent? Its only 20€ and people say its very good. Someone experience?

this one
>>
I'm pretty happy with my new sample organization modules, courtesy of The Container Store.
>>
>>11098296
there aren't any. Tbh i'm surprised some niche hasn't run a gimmick line aimed at smokers
>>
>>11098882
how is Antaeus and what are your favorites out of that bunch?
>>
>>11099255
actually most older chanel frags was made with the intention to compliment smokers
>>
>>11098651
Haven't smelled it yet so can't really judge, but fragrantica reviews aren't exactly glowing. I "guess" there's a reason it flys under the radar.

Excuse the reddit tier joke
>>
File: doryal.jpg (95KB, 472x615px) Image search: [Google]
doryal.jpg
95KB, 472x615px
What male summer scent smells like what ancient Greece would smell like? I feel like Acqua di parma Colonia gets close, but it isn't quite masculine enough for me. Any suggestions?
>>
>>11100299
Kouros
>>
>>11100299
Philosykos, but you might not find that any more masculine than AdP
>>
>>11100299
This probably isn't what you would want considering it's not 'masculine' per se...but...

Fredric Malle - Portrait of a Lady
Tom Ford - Noir de Noir

I view classical 'masculine' scents involving certain florals like rose. I know Rose was very popular in Ancient Rome.
>>
File: 61gTSHTAVYL._SY355_.jpg (9KB, 316x355px) Image search: [Google]
61gTSHTAVYL._SY355_.jpg
9KB, 316x355px
Hello All,
This is the Anon who bought Club De Nuit Intense Man from the last thread.

I was very excited to try this as many people all across the internet are claiming this is as the BEST Aventus Clone.
So I copped a bottle from Ebay, not too expensive.
It came in a few days ago, and here are my thoughts.

First Contact:
HOLY FUCK
I'm not used to strong fragrances like this, but it kind of makes sense. Armarf is a UAE based company, and from working in a cologne store, I've learned that middle eastern people LOVE huge, painful smells.
On first spray you are hit with a very very very strong lemony type of smell that lasts for about an hour.
I hated this first stage, as it literally takes over any room that it is sprayed in.
But! After about an hour or so is when this beast actually develops.
It Actually does turn into this smokey kind of Aventus-esque smell.

The longevity and projection on this frag are also super high, I sprayed at 7AM one day, and lasted until about 6PM. And that was just one spray ;)
It is very easy to get longer effects with more sprays.
The benefit of this longevity is that you can actually appreciate the smokey base of this fragrance.

Final TLDR and thoughts:

Projection: 11/15
Longevity: 12/15
Quality : 9/15
Total Score: 11.6/15
Cop or Not ? COP

It is a good fragrance, but not that close to Aventus in my opinion, I feel like some people buy this, AND DONT ACTIVELY COMPARE THE TWO. I feel like they go off of memory, and it does smell like it, but Aventus is sweeter to me and smoother overall. You can't beat the original.

Do cop this though if interested, $35 is pretty good, and for how this develops price isnt bad either.
It works very well with body heat, good spring summer frag, once the lemon dies down.
Maybe if you have sweet body chemistry this will be more like Aventus on your skin.

*My bottle was made in france, in December of 2015
>>
>>11100673

Hey bro, you posted in the last thread with the Winnie The Pooh picture right? If so I was the anon you quoted with that pic.

I'm actually glad that you found it as potent as I have and also generally enjoyed it as well.

I have the same batch and got the same monster projection/longevity as you did.

As for smell, I still think its a near exact replica although there are some differences. And yes, I agree for the price this is well worth it.

also /15 is an interesting way to score bro, i'm so used to /10 or /5
>>
>>11099741
Antaeus is a top five scent for me. Possibly higher. I've had a full bottle for years, but that mini was my first taste of the vintage stuff. The current is amazing too, but when an IFRA banned ingredient is prominently featured, I like to try for the real stuff if possible Favorite samples:

Amouage Homage
Aoud Cuir d'Arabie (I lucked out on Craigslist and scored the equivalent of a 100ml. bottle of 8 different Montales, but in samples, and this is my favorite of the bunch)
Vétiver Extraordinaire
Polo Modern Reserve

I've barely rated half of the over 100 samples I have, but picture related are the top rated.
>>
File: 2.png (105KB, 362x330px) Image search: [Google]
2.png
105KB, 362x330px
cop?
>>
>>11100962
You have to ask for a 15 dollar scent if you should get it?
Yes it's a nice one. A bit synthetic though.
>>
Anyone have any experience with Spice Bomb Fresh? I love the original (call me a faggot, whatever) but didn't even know a fresh version existed.
>>
>>11098212
I think play green is very good. It is what it says, bright primary green. A bit minty but like a fresh ground spearmint leaf. It actually maybe smells a little like really, really high-quality fresh weed, but only if you're looking for that accord.

Red idk.

Black smells like black pepper. I have a sample and can't figure out a time to spray it on.
>>
>>11101044
> Spicebomb
> faggoty
It's a shame about the packaging and marketing, isn't it. It seems like a fine scent to me.
I smelled the fresh version once, on a strip, like 2 years ago. I can't say much other than it's not a big departure from the original. If you love that then it's worth checking it out.
>>
>>11100602
I wouldn't wear Noir de Noir in summer, at least not in the day
>>
>>11100749

do you have any thoughts on aventus, seeing you reviewed some creed fragrances already?
>>
>>11101606
I bought Aventus in 2013. Liked it a lot and got compliments, but never wear it any more. It's a one trick pony and I got bored of the smoky pineapple trick. I'd advise a sample or small decant, especially for the prices it's commanding now.
>>
>>11101851
thanks
>>
>place order on the 23rd
>overnight shipping because impatient as fuck
>still hasn't even shipped
Thanks a lot, Thierry Mugler.
>>
File: 1458753201473.jpg (47KB, 391x480px) Image search: [Google]
1458753201473.jpg
47KB, 391x480px
I'm the phony Fahrenheit guy from other thread. I had given up on colognes but found myself spending $1000 on exotic incenses every year. Incenses led me to oud, which led me to M7, which led me to an oud friend who had original M7. I fell seriously in love with that and when my supplier ran out is when I really appreciated it. That brought me to /fa/, where I'm now looking for The Great Summer Evening scent. TLDR. Hi!
>>
>>11100673
man every perfume boutique/kiosk run by arabic dudes tries to push that on me
harsh synthetic trash
>>
>>11102876
Hello fellow M7 fan. It's a far cry from actual oud, but it's awesome in and of itself. The little ones are 0.5oz of vintage I got on amazon for $10 apiece in 2011, an the big one is M7 Fresh I scored on Craigslist that is climbing the ranks of my favorite spring frags. Big Fahrenheit fan too.

I can't recommend Kouros enough, especially in the summer heat. That, Guerlain Vetiver and Havana. I bet you'd love them all, if you don't already.
>>
File: IMG_20160326_221601.jpg (421KB, 1138x1517px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160326_221601.jpg
421KB, 1138x1517px
>>11102989
you should trade all them little ass bottles in for one big one lmao
>>
>>11103143
Eh, 2.5 oz will last me more than a lifetime. I'm actually thinking of trading or selling at least a couple. Each one is worth ~$70 now.
>>
anyone rock Chanel Bleu here?
>>
File: oud absolu.png (56KB, 344x251px) Image search: [Google]
oud absolu.png
56KB, 344x251px
>>11102989
no, i don't think I have any of them.I read the answered questions on Amazon, and out of desperation, I bought a bottle YSL M-7 Oud Absolu. It's the right road, but I can't get to the destination. It gets me close and I even thought for a second, it I dumped all of it on at one time, maybe that would do it! I don't think so though.
Thanks for the help, Maybe I'll start with yours. But for summer, I'm thinking of giving it a break, clearing my mind maybe with some of /fa/'s moderately priced favorites. With luck, I'll find some samples.
(Where do I find the archive of the old thread?)
>>
>>11103309
Some frags really come alive in the heat, like those three. Worth checking out. Well if you're ever in LA, I'll hook you up.
>>
>>11102876
>found myself spending $1000 on exotic incenses every year
there's never enough room fragrance discussion here, be it incense, candles, oil diffusers, etc. what are your favorites?
>>
Lush - Dirty?
>>
>>11103203
sure edp though
>>
>>11100673
Is the bleu de chanel clone (tag-him) from armaf nice too? Has someone any experience?
>>
>>11100673
I bought a 10 ml sample of it because shipping costs for the one shop on ebay that sells it are disgusting. Looking forward to it.
>>
>>11100673
Oh, also do you have Insurrection Pure II and if yes how do the two compare?
>>
>>11103203
Yes. Get Sauvage. I have both and Sauvage is more masculine.
>>
>>11100962
No.

BFTB but still low tier. Smells like pure aquatic synthetic water. If you're creative you can smell the cucumber, but you're better off with Eau Fraiche and its citrus.
>>
>>11104491
Not that guy but I have pure insurrection II. I've gotten compliments on it but if you want a creed clone then idk. I've never smelled creed.
>>
>>11103740
Diptyque candles are the best
>>
>>11103389
the general consensus on Kouros and M7 seems to be that they aren't warm weather scents. why are is that wrong?
>>
>>11105440
The three I was referring to were Kouros, GV and Havana (not M7. that would probably be a bit much in the heat), but yes, many scents seem to fit certain seasons/weather, and definitely yes there are some frags that would be a disaster if worn in hot and/or humid weather: more rich, cloying ones such as the original Opium, Chergui and Musc Ravageur come to mind. That said, once you get a feel for your favorite frags and how they work with your body chemistry, you can gauge your application and successfully pull off certain scents in warmer weather.

And then there are some frags, like the three I mentioned that are great in colder weather, but they fucking SHINE in the summer heat. I know Kouros doesn't have many people upvoting the "summer" button on Fragrantica, but I swear, I go even heavier on that shit in Los Angeles summers and it is incredible. While Kouros is a powerful scent, it isn't rich and cloying, it's more bright and sharp, and it just blooms when it is in the 80s or 90s ºF. Same for GV. That sharp tobacco note is tempered by the green vetiver and it is especially fantastic when it's hot. Possibly my two favorite summer scents. And don't just take my word for it:

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/280111-Kouros-in-Summer!
http://www.basenotes.net/threads/196966-Finally-tested-Kouros-in-summer-heat
>>
>>11100673
So does it actually smell of pineapple or is it lemon?
>>
>>11106986
He said lemoney in the post so I'd guess he would say lemon.
>>
Why would you wear clones? It's the same as wearing knockoffs or fakes.
>>
>>11107837
While I plan on making enough money to be able to casually buy a 300 Euro scent, I'm not there yet. That's why.
>>
>>11107837
Because the clone costs 25€ and aventus costs 300€, and the clone is nearly better then aventus.
>>
>>11107837

>>11108566
^This

I'll elaborate more, myself and probably most fragrance collectors have a huge collection of colognes. I don't need a $300 bottle of cologne that I'll probably never finish in a lifetime. I have a 4.2 oz of Le Male that I bought back in 2010 and its probably still 93% full. At this rate, I'm probably gonna die before I even finish that bottle. Personally, I'm at the point where I don't need to spend $$$ on a fragrance and Im okay with getting a knockoff/fake/clone (quality stuff only) of a niche frag, mostly because I'm probably not going to smell better than I already do with the original or any other niche frag.

I think people who are getting into frag collecting should know that you don't have to spend lots of $$$ to get a quality frag.
>>
>>11096424
Holy christ those prices

I'm very new to fragrances but I have a pal that regularly smells fantastic, and yesterday I went shopping with him and audibly heard a girl say "wow someone smells nice" as soon as he walked by, so it's got me interested.

Am I really going to have to shell out so much money to smell good?
The "low end" of prices in that chart are still stupidly high.

is there a budget guide or something?
I'd rather be spending like...at most $25 for 100 mL, but I honestly have no idea what the "norm" of these prices are.
>>
>>11109333
the prices in the guide are retail, and it states in the little intro that you can find most of those for cheap online somewhere (e.g., fragrancenet, fragrancex, strawberrynet, etc.)

>$25 for 100 mL
prices rarely get that low, even online. walmart or your local drugstore might get that low, but i don't think so.
>>
>>11098651
friend has it and imo it is really good. Don't know the longevity on this one but friend put this on and like and hour later I honestly don't even smell it no more.
>>
>>11109333
>the "norm" of these prices are
At retail, expect to pay $70-$100 for 100 mL for your average mallcore designer scents you can find anywhere. Niches and specialty designer lines are typically much higher, going about $80 for 50 mL to as much as $200+ for that same amount.
>>
>>11109333
As others said, that's retail. If you really look around, you'll find massive discounts for almost anything. Not everything, but most things you'll find for good prices. Check out fragrancenet.

Also, remember, people who don't go batshit on their sprays and have a nice rotation can have a single bottle for years. It's literally pennies per wearing.
>>
>>11109447
Maybe I'm under the wrong impression about usage then?
I figured it's about 1 mL per squirt, but I'm guessing now that I was way off. In any case, thank you (and >>11109352
>>11109435).

Is there anything in particular you can recommend to me?
I'm male, I walk around a lot, nothing that I'd be sweating because of though, and I guess for starters I'd be interested in a seasonal type thing.
Based on the guide it sounds like I'd like the "Fresh" or "Chypra" categories the most.
>>
File: 1.jpg (75KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
75KB, 1000x1000px
cop?
>>
>>11109499
>1 mL per squirt, but I'm guessing now that I was way off
very much so.

it varies depending on how much you want to apply, but one anon here says he gets about 10 sprays from 1 mL and I usually go through 1 mL in 1-2 weeks of regular use, so just a 50 mL bottle should last you about a year even if you wear it almost every day
>>
>>11109499

http://www.nstperfume.com/2008/08/19/perfume-for-life-how-long-will-your-fragrance-collection-last/
>>
>>11109499
>Maybe I'm under the wrong impression about usage then?
>I figured it's about 1 mL per squirt, but I'm guessing now that I was way off. In any case, thank you

yeah, you are, but it's no big deal. A more accurate assumption is about 7-11 sprays per mL depending on the atomizer.

>Is there anything in particular you can recommend to me?
I'm male, I walk around a lot, nothing that I'd be sweating because of though, and I guess for starters I'd be interested in a seasonal type thing.
>Based on the guide it sounds like I'd like the "Fresh" or "Chypra" categories the most.

Fresh frags and the chypres are in season now (both are generally spring/summer), so you're on the right track here. You may also want to consider spicy oriental and fresh oriental for evening scents.

it's hard to make recommendations based on categories you think you might like. You should walk in to your local perfume shop or mall dept store and ask to try a few of the popular frags from the categories you're interested in.
>>
>>11109333
look at >>11100673
You get this for 35€ and it smells like a 300€ parfume. But get it fast, the price already is growing on this one
>>
>>11109508
This was asked alread in this thread (and get asked 3x in every before) so stfu and dont be lazy and read the thread. Like already said ITS A 15€ scent just fucking buy it.
>>
>>11109830
[shilling intensifies]
>>
>>11109873
for a good reason though
>>
Does Green Irish Tweed actually smell that similar to Cool Water? I've never smelled either, but I'm interested.
>>
>>11110370
Not really. GIT has a really strong cucumber vibe that cool water doesn't have.
>>
>>11110370
To a fragrance enthusiast? Same ballpark but CW smells like a cheaper version of GIT. Still great though.
To 99% of the population? Everyone will think you're wearing CW no matter which you wear.
I own both.
>>
File: ADG.jpg (20KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
ADG.jpg
20KB, 600x600px
A lot of people said this smells like Acqua Di Gio so I went to the Perry Ellis store today and here are my thoughts.

Yes, this smells 99% like ADG. The 1% difference is at the opening were there exists a slight peppery smell. This peppery smells goes away five minutes and after that its ADG all the way. I haven't used ADG in a while but this smelled pretty potent. Overall its a sure fire cop, especially to any ADG fans out there
>>
>>11110815
Thats an interesting insight actually.

This is like the opposite of the whole "why wear clones when you could wear the real thing?"
>>
>>11110815
I wouldn't say I'm an enthusiast but I smell a very distinct difference between the two, namely in the strenght of the smell. CW is really weak to me while GIT is much stronger and has that cucumber smell.
>>
>>11110938
I like it quite a bit more than AdG. Both 360º Red and Black are great scents with excellent performance and are among the best quality/value buys I can think of in perfumery.
>>
A friend of mine says she likes the cologne with the "naked man" on it but she forgot what the name of it was after it ran out. The only ones I can think of it being is Le Male or A&F Fierce. Any ideas?
>>
>>11111049
Fierce or Tom of Finland
>>
>>11111049

after it ran out?

Could you elaborate on it, as in it got discontinued or just ran out from a store. Do you know what store she saw it in?

But yeah, in mind I only got Le Male and Fierce
>>
>>11110938
Love this stuff. I try to alternate a couple other colognes so I don't over do it. Can't go wrong for $20.
>>
>>11111148
Yeah she just ran out of the bottle that belonged to her dad.

Lol at Tom of Finland but it's a possibility.
>>
>>11111502
>likes her dad's scent
crazy detected
>>
>>11110370
I own both. 80% similar but GIT has a branchy nutty green sweetness that it shares with SMW at the base. GW is just linear and more aquatic.
>>
>>11111003
I bought 360° green recently because absolutely no one has it and I love red and black.
Let's just say there's a reason this one went under the radar.
>>
File: cuir-venenum.jpg (24KB, 325x435px) Image search: [Google]
cuir-venenum.jpg
24KB, 325x435px
>>11112983
>Let's just say there's a reason this one went under the radar.
that bad?

also, post the worst you've tried, /frag/? pic related smells like someone spilled an ale into an old lady's dusty, leather purse
>>
>>11113697
I wouldn't say bad, just boring and pretty weak. Aquatic fresh at the beginning then like 3 hours in you can smell some earthy notes just before it's not smellable anymore. Not comparable to the other ones.
>>
>>11113697
Worst ones for me are

Cartier Declaration (smells like caraway, it's gross...unless you like that, obviously)
Bottega Veneta Pour Homme (made me nauseous, I think it smelled like perfume candy)
Dior Fève Délicieuse (sickeningly sweet powder)
>>
File: 1317M.jpg (32KB, 600x573px) Image search: [Google]
1317M.jpg
32KB, 600x573px
>>11113697
Worst scent I have ever smelled. Smell like these toilette stones. Holds forever, just horible.
>>
>>11110944
Indeed. I just want to smell good. There are instances where the "homage" improves on the original, and for a better price i.e. La Yuqawam, 360º Red for Men, Méharées, and there are instances where the original is the superior. I'm glad we have options, but the more frags I own, the fewer times I am likely to wear a given new purchase and the less I am inclined to pay the insane prices charged by some houses unless it is something special.
>>
>>11113697
>the worst you've tried
Among my least favorites:
L'Eau d'Issey pH - has a musty/mildewy aspect to it that is very offputing
Guerlain Homme - smelled like citrus toilet cleaner
Gucci Guilty pH - smelled like the cheapest most synthetic crap
Fuel for Life pH - I take that back... Nauseatingly synthetically sweet
Azzaro pH - The anise in here is so sharp it almost hurts

I know several of these are quite well regarded, so I'm sure I'm in the minority in my opinions, but it goes to show how individual peoples' noses can be.
>>
>>11113767

Is Feve Delicieuse really bad? Its pretty hyped on youtube, actually I was planning on getting a sample soon
>>
>>11113697
Diesel - Fuel for Life
Etat Libre d'Orange - Secretions Magnifique
Bond No. 9 - Little Italy
>>
File: Versace_PHe.png (922KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Versace_PHe.png
922KB, 1024x1024px
Should I cop pic related as a spring summer fragance for a guy in his early 20s?
I already have Nautilus Voyage but I don't like it that much.
I've read that this smells like Chanel Allure Homme Sport, of which I had a bottle and liked a lot
>>
>>11114159
Yes! I have this and absolutely love it. Compliments for days with this one.
>>
>>11114095
On me, it's pretty bad, but I hate powdery fragrances. Someone who doesn't mind them or even likes them might be more into it. The sample I got smelled good in the vial. Sort of a cherry/chocolate/pastry type smell. But on my skin it's just a sweet powder smell.
>>
>>11114311
i see, thanks for your input on this bro
>>
>>11114095
To me, its way too sweet and way too feminine for me to wear and pull off. It's definitely a try before you buy type scent.
>>
>>11113697
I hate to beat them into the ground, but invictus and one million. Holy hell those are legit the worst scents I have ever experienced. nauseating levels of sweet
>>
>>11096424
I'm a 20 year old guy, never bought a fragrance before but I'd like to step up from cheap deodorants being my only smell. We're heading towards winter at the moment here in Australia, so I was looking at the "amber oriental" and "woody/fresh" groups. Ideally a daily-wear fragrance, one that is versatile enough to wear for uni/work/going out. I was particularly looking at Dior Homme, Terre d'Hermès and Bleu de Chanel. Preferably something under about $80. Thanks for your help
>>
>>11115389

Out of all of those you mentioned Bleu De Chanel would probably be the best and most versatile.

I have some recs too

1: Boss Bottled Intense: You could get a 3.4 oz/100 ml of this for $35 USD and its really good. Its definitely a woody/fresh scent with a nice sweet cinnamon apple fresh scent balanced by cedar bottom notes. This isn't a super strong cologne but could last a solid 5-6 hours. It will work great in the cold weather and in all occasions including work, church, school, etc.

2: Club De Nuit Intense For Men by Armaf: Basically an Aventus by Creed clone but a real good one. It goes around the same price as the other cologne I rec'd. This is also a woody/fresh scent with a nice sweet lemon/pineapple top with a strong birchwood base. This cologne is very strong and could potentially last on your skin for 8-10 hours. I personally think this is another versatile scent. I used this one in all occasions myself.
>>
>>11114159
yeah get this, REALLY refreshing scent for nice hot summer days
>>
What is the most unique frag /fa/ has sniffed?

>Pic Related

my vote goes to Masque Milano's Russian Tea.

Smells like mint, and tea at first, then after about 8 hours of wear, it smells like tea and syrup, almost like french toast
>>
going to be stopping over in the middle east for a flight soon. this is the first opportunity i've really had to try any of the middle eastern perfume houses (shopping is terrible where i live.)

does anyone have a particular scent or house i should seek out? not gonna wear anything cos i don't want to stink out the plane. but i'm keen on spraying some stuff on cards. do amouage do good scents or is that wrong?
>>
>>11116104
24Gold and as we are talking the whole thread about it : Armaf (club de nuit intense men)
>>
File: 1457696060479.jpg (238KB, 602x728px) Image search: [Google]
1457696060479.jpg
238KB, 602x728px
>>11115562
>>
>>11116104
Rasasi has some good shit.
>>
>>11114159
It does smell like AHS except in the dry down which kinda of smells like vomit. Idk if it's me but it doesn't project or last that long for me.

That being said for around $45 online for a 3.4 oz/100 ml it's worth it. I'd recommend Perry Ellis 360 Red too for a Spring/Summer fragrance.
>>
File: 1360450928690.jpg (96KB, 675x679px) Image search: [Google]
1360450928690.jpg
96KB, 675x679px
>>11100700
yeah man /15 makes you think about how much you really enjoy something. But thanks for the rec, im digging it.

>>11104452
I don't have it, but people say it smells like it with longer projection.
>>
>>11107837
A clone smells => the original, whereas a knockoff cannot really compare.

>>11108852
said it best. Unless you use only one frag for the rest of your life, it takes a very long time to go through a bottle. And what happen if your tastes changes in a year? You just blew 300 on cologne.
>>
>>11109333
If you want a good fragrance you will have to spend good money. Unless you can find a reasonable clone, you will have to drop a reasonable amount.

Check out a perfumania if there is one in your area. They have decently priced frags and a good selection to get started. Dont expect tom ford or creed though.
>>
>>11116848
There's plenty of great fragrances at low prices and plenty of shit at exorbitant ones.
>>
File: 24252_fpx.jpg (231KB, 1320x1616px) Image search: [Google]
24252_fpx.jpg
231KB, 1320x1616px
What are your thoughts on Curve? I honestly love it. It doesn't last as the old formulation but women love it.
>>
>>11116848
Hogwash.
>>
File: 1452275183585.jpg (56KB, 690x460px) Image search: [Google]
1452275183585.jpg
56KB, 690x460px
>>11116920
>>
>>11116865
>>11116995

To clarify; I'm not saying the only good fragrances are expensive. I just mean that I have not seen many fragrances that are less than $50 or so, and actually smell good. Especially $30.

Or do you have examples? Aside from the Aventus clone mentioned earlier.
>>
My Club de Nuit sample came and indeed, it smells like Aventus, and even though my nose is thoroughly clogged, I can smell it from an arm's distance away.
>>
>>11117060
I bought online Bvlgari Blv pour Homme and LIDG pour homme for close to $30 a piece.
>>
>>11117060
>Or do you have examples?
Just looking at amazon with a $50 max limit, I see:

Cool Water
Drakkar Noir
360º Red fM
212 fM
PS
Set Sail St. Bart's
Cuba Gold
AdG
Aramis
Hanae Mori fM
TdH
1-12
Kouros
The One fM
Z-14
Tuscany
A*Men
Bulgari Black

And that's just stuff I personally like. There was plenty more that is highly reviewed that I'm not crazy about. And that's just from the first three pages sorted by relevance. The list can go on...
>>
>>11117360
Do someone know if there are club se nuits, which are made in india? I can only buy it on ebay from india and it say that the manufactory place is india, I thaught ckub de nuit is made in france and england
>>
>>11118221
>TdH
>Bvlgari Black

only good ones there fammy
>>
>>11116104

>>11116206
^This
>>11116303
^and this, I would also rec La Yuqawam by Rasasi
>>
>>11118517

Armaf has two places where their fragrances are "atomized" as a youtuber (babbs) puts it.

The two places are in France and the U.A.E. Supposedly the quality are the same.

Perhaps the site has wrong information or something.
>>
Which in the Dior Homme series do grills like the smell of the most?
>>
>>11118845
Original
>>
>>11118845
tossup between original and la nuit
>>
>>11119294
>la nuit

that's YSL, not Dior
>>
has anyone bought frags from Jet?
>>
Just bought a bottle of ch men off ebay from israel (to australia)

will it be legit? will I turn into a jew?
>>
>>11119657
>Just bought a bottle of ch men off ebay from israel (to australia)
>will it be legit? will I turn into a jew?

He fell for it, abraham. lets celebrate with a glass of zoigl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXiOwt31cfU
>>
File: w.jpg (75KB, 504x244px) Image search: [Google]
w.jpg
75KB, 504x244px
which one should I cop?
>>
>>11120264
1 desu
>>
>>11119351
I have ordered fragrance from Jet before. They don't fulfill anything directly. My orders were sent from fragrancenet and some other third party site.

Honestly the Jet fragrance pricing isn't that good and there's no reason not to order from fragrancenet directly.
>>
>>11120620
ok, thanks

the two frags i was gonna get were the same price as fragrancenet but on jet i can get an additional 15% off over fragnet
>>
>>11120264
AQVA is the shit
really good for summer nights but fits the bill as every day parfume either
>>
>>11096424

>Male
>Live in England, but near the beach. The weather is good in the summer
>Mid range pricing
>Want to wear it for daily use
>Can't really tell one 'family' from another desu. I'm new

Ones I liked:

>Guilty by Gucci (?)
>RL Polo Red
>Diesel - Only the Brave
>Dunhill Icon (10/10 but pretty expensive and more of an night frag I think)

Ones I didn't like:

>The new CK summer frag. Can't remember the name (was too sweet)
>Paco Rabanne Millions (also too sweet)
>Cool Water (didn't do it for me)
>Boss Orange (don't want to smell orangey)

It's hard to describe what I like but basically something fresh, clean and somewhat classy, for daily use. Nothing too sweet or gimmicky. I prefer a more masculine scent if possible. Willing to spend up to around £45 for a decently sized bottle.
I've had Paul Smith Extreme for a while, for reference.

Any suggestions would be welcome. Thank you
>>
>>11120264
stop asking this question 3x in every thread
>>
>>11120264
2, easily
>>
>>11114159

I have LITERALLY gotten laid because of this fragrance. Do recommend.
>>
>>11114159
>>11121961
but soesnt it lastst only a couple of hours?
>>
>>11121966

Yeah but it's cheap enough.

Absolutely worth the price. I fucking love the smell of it.
>>
Suppose there are two people, one dressed in greyscale clothing, one in bright whites and pale blues.
The former represents the moon, mystery, and darkness, but not necessarily evil, and the latter represents the sun, energy, and light, but not necessarily good.

Both of these are ambiguous humanoids, and they both want to attract the neutral party. What frags do you give them to help, and why?
>>
>>11122267
polar opposites. greyscale gets bright citruses while prep fag gets a noir frag
>>
>>11122267

I'd suggest to them to stop being autistic
>>
>>11122267
For tighty whitey i keep thinking "what would jesus wear?"

...what would jesus wear?
>>
>>11122302
frankincense and myrrh dumbass
>>
19/M looking for a daytime spring/summer scent for maximum $100. Preferably not one that's too offensive/overused.

Offensive as in things like Versace Eros, or overused as in YSL L'Homme
>>
>>11122527
TdH Eau Très Fraiche
>>
>>11122527

VERSACE POUR HOMME

Fuck your rules
>>
>>11122594
This looks like a solid fragrance, I'll test it in the weekend

>>11122665
Because it's overused? Not many guys wear cologne where I live so I'll try that too

thanks lads
>>
>>11121098
L'Homme by YSL
Versace Pour Homme by Versace
^These two fit the bill.
>>
>>11122668

Well I'm guessing it's overused. It's pretty cheap and 'versace' so I imagine a lot of plebs buy it.
>>
File: image.jpg (88KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
88KB, 640x640px
Here's my current collection, some of them are fairly pleb like Le Male/Diesel but they were gifts from misguided relatives.

Deodorant is Malin + Goetz, best stuff I've ever used.

Thinking of getting CDG Avignon next. Any other recommendations?
>>
>>11123072
Issey miyake scent that's always at Ross for like $10/ gallon is it any good?
>>
>>11123073
I blind bought a bottle because it was so cheap and had good reviews. It's okay, doesn't really get a lot of use. Gives me a headache if I use too much, but it's nice as a fresh summer/spring fragrance.
>>
>>11122724

Thanks a lot, I'll try them out
>>
I sprayed some D&G The One EdP on my wrists at the store a few days ago and now every time I wear the same jacket I wore that day, my wrists start smelling like it again. Magic.
>>
>>11116206
>>11116303
>>11118815
thanks guys, i'll check them out. appreciate it
>>
>>11123727

The one smells so fucking good. Will be replacing my edt with edp once I run out
>>
>>11123072
"pleb...gifts from misguided relatives"
I don't even
>>
Looking for a new fragance for my vacations
21 years, Male
Have used 212, VIP, Invictus, CH
Gonna be used on winter but in a tropical climate
Used on the beach and clubs
>>
>>11123072
houston?
looks like kuhl linscomb
>>
File: 1403315526844.jpg (27KB, 259x383px) Image search: [Google]
1403315526844.jpg
27KB, 259x383px
Can someone please tell me why fragrance projection and longevity is so unpredictable on my skin? For example:

Chanel Allure Homme Sport EdP => Can't smell after around 30 fucking minutes. I outright asked my mother if she could smell my aftershave on me (inb4 basement etc - I was visiting) and she said no, despite having kissed me on the cheek (I only applied it 45 minutes prior)

Chanel Bleu EdT => Lasts all day, projects well

Similar examples with other brands (although Chanel is the only brand I've invested more than fragrance in)
>>
>>11123845
Versace Eros
1 Million by Paco Rabanne
>>
>>11123880
2/10 made me reply

Never purchase anything from a dude named Paco, not even tacos
>>
>>11123825
What do you not even?

>>11123864
I have no idea what you're talking about
>>
looking for a spring/summer fragrance. im very new to all this, so i've only owned polo red before and liked that, however i'll try anything.
>>
>>11124987

Acqua di Gio Profumo
Versace Pour Homme
>>
>>11125083
thank you very much
>>
File: _20160301_185030.jpg (187KB, 1080x572px) Image search: [Google]
_20160301_185030.jpg
187KB, 1080x572px
>>11123873
you have dry skin. And here comes I, your problem solver (cause I have dry skin too and I know the solution). Buy some cream for dry hands (ask some female friend/ your mother where to buy)(should be a cream without any scent), and rub it 20 min before spraying the parfume on your throut/ neck. The Parfume will hold the whole day! (I am pretty happy to tell you this, since I found this out just 5 days ago)
>>
>>11125857
I forgot to mention, that you should only use a very little bit of the cream, like just the tips of 2 fingers
>>
>>11123072
Nice collection, do you like the Molecule 01?
>>
>>11096424
22, athletic, in college and a college-level job. I dress decently basic and really like "sporty"smells. Can't do aqua di gio because my best friend already does. I absolutely LOVE Green Irish Tweed but it's out of my budget, but anything similar would be nice.
>>
>>11126284
Green Irish Tweed smells exactly like Davidoff Cool Water which is really cheap
>>
>>11126486
It really doesn't smell exactly the same.
>>
>>11126500
This is what idiots tell themselves when they and justify paying £200 for a bottle of Creed.
>>
>>11126515
I tried them both. They're not the same.
>>
>>11124987
Acqua di Parma Colonia Intensa
>>
>>11125857
>>11125864
Fantastic - thank you very much!
>>
>>11125857
Isnt it that "fat" skin (sry dont know how its called) is food for sweet fragrances and dry skin good for fresh fragrances?
>>
Any thoughts on Zoologist fragrances? Thinking about copping some samples, but I've heard mixed reviews
>>
>>11127877
I wouldn't bother, I heard Bat actually stinks pretty bad.
>>
File: 91C3Z7xQZFL._SL1500_.jpg (252KB, 1500x1499px) Image search: [Google]
91C3Z7xQZFL._SL1500_.jpg
252KB, 1500x1499px
BEST COLOGNE EVER USED.
>>
File: nd.25967.jpg (32KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
nd.25967.jpg
32KB, 300x400px
Do the performance issues make this un-copworthy for the price?
>>
>>11129839
yes
>>
>>11129156
I looked it up on parfumo.net amd thaught, wow I bet it costs like 200€/100ml.
... but its only 12€/100ml? what the fuck, it has very good reviews and costs nothing? Where is the bait?
>>
>>11096421
lol im drinking orange blossom green tea rn
>>
>>11130002
Instagram it or it didn't happen
>>
I am looking for a long lasting (at least 8 hours) Spring/Summer scent, I really liked Versace Eau Fraiche and L'Homme but they did not last very long. Are there scents similar to either of these that last long?
>>
>>11129839
>>11129986
what performance issues?
>>
>>11096421
Does parfumr ever go on sale?
>>
>>11130740
Sure.
>>
>>11130740
the fuck kinda question is this baka
>>
>>11130390
Open eyes and read the thread this was asked already 5 times
>>
>>11130000
there is no

"bait"
>>
>>11130740
GREY MARKET
R
E
Y

M
A
R
K
E
T
>>
>>11130628

Doesn't last much longer than the edt
>>
>>11131996
also been said to last SHORTER than the edt
>>
File: frag2.png (79KB, 208x267px) Image search: [Google]
frag2.png
79KB, 208x267px
So I found a cheap Bleu de Chanel fragrance online at a danish craigslist-esque site. Can you guys help me to see if it's fake?

Pic is 1/2, I'll post bottom also.
>>
File: frag1.png (198KB, 347x334px) Image search: [Google]
frag1.png
198KB, 347x334px
>>11132067
And corresponding bottom.
>>
File: nd.1063.jpg (30KB, 300x320px) Image search: [Google]
nd.1063.jpg
30KB, 300x320px
c/n
>>
>>11132076
cap is also a good indicator if you can grab a pic
>>
>>11132191
I'll go there tomorrow to pick it up. He lists it for 25$, says he's allergic.
>>
>>11132212
alright, sai aka fragboystewie on youtube has a video about how to spot fakes that i'd consider taking a look at

cap is a dead giveaway if it's not right
>>
>>11132240
Oh, just watched and yeah, the magnetic thing is neat! Thanks, bud
>>
>>11132240
>>11132254
link the vid pls i cant find it
>>
>>11132426
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wa8RRFiCmeA
>>
>>11132240
>>11132254
>>11132426
>>11132509
So a counterfeiter will go through the expense to make a magnetic cap copy, but won't take the one second extra per bottle to make sure it lines up properly?
>>
>>11132747
of course, counterfeiting is all about cutting corners and making a quick buck, the average fag isnt going to double check whether the cap lines up
>>
>>11132898
My point was: I bet a magnetic cap is a lot more expensive and time consuming to make than making sure it's lined up properly, so either it would be a non-magnetic cap, or a "proper" one.
>>
>>11127877
gimmicky niches are cancer
>>
>>11122339
Criminally underrated post
>>
>>11132509
>Guess t-shirt
opinion discarded
>>
>>11127391
No, fat skin retains smells better while dry skin makes them evaporate faster. Fresh fragrances are usually focused on top notes, so people might re-apply more often if they use fresh frags.
>>
>>11132974
A counterfeiter doesn't make the bottles himself. The factory that makes them isn't skilled enough or doesn't care enough to make the lines straight. Also, the magnetic cap makes a bottle "feel genuine" to people who have no idea about real indicators but are also a bit sceptical because of the price. When a lid is magnetic, it feels professional.
>>
>>11122267
Dark guy:
>Comme des Garcons - 2
>Frederic Malle - Portrait of a Lady
>Etat Libre d'Orange - Jasmin et Cigarette

Light guy:
>Etat Libre d'Orange - Divin' Enfant
>Le Labo - Rose 31
>>
>>11122267
Secretions Magnifique, for both of them
>>
>>11134494
>hes wearing pleb clothes so his knowledge on an unrelated field is irrelevant
>>
>>11132149
Gray-smelling as hell. No fruit, no flower brightness. Just somber gray musky seriousness. Well-received because there's nothing else like it, but for me it seems mature smelling and near-impossible to find an occasion to wear it vs. my other bottles.
>>
>>11136023
Poor taste in one field is an indication of one's general overall taste, especially on things fashion like shirts and fragrance. His opinion on anything should be taken with a grain of salt.
>>
>>11136832
>I can't take this guy's opinions on shoes seriously since he likes shit music.

You. Are. Retarded.
>>
>>11136832

Take a timestamped photo of yourself.

If you're unable to do that, then clearly you're worried you'll be caught out for being a hypocrite.
>>
other than Fou d'Absinthe, what does /frag/ like from L'Artisan? found some pretty good deals on fragrancenet.
>>
When talking about post-2011 dior home intense how important are the reformulations or batch numbers? Are they wildly different? I love my sample but I don't know which batch code they are so I don't want to fuck myself when I buy a full bottle.

Thanks senpai
>>
>>11138284
Batucada
Coeur de Vetiver Sacre
Dzing!
Dzongkha
Noir Exquis
Premier Figuier
Tea for Two
Timbuktu
Traversee du Bosphore
>>
>>11139030
some will tell you that they're vastly different, some will tell you the difference is negligible

i am in the latter camp, i have a black stemmed bottle and it performs the same and only smells slightly different than the original formulation. if you like your sample, i'd jump in on a full bottle, you won't be disappointed
>>
Anyone try Lalique Encre Noire here? Available for cheap and sounds interesting.

A while ago someone wanted my thoughts on CdG Blue Santal but I got ______, wonder if that anon is still around.
>>
>>11139283
Thanks man. I just meant as far as the post-2011 formulations, some people say 2013 is the best, etc. I know that there's differences between post 2011 and pre 2011 but I was just wondering for post 2011.

But I'm probably just gonna pull the trigger. It's too good.
>>
>>11139168
>Premier Figuier
Can't wait to wear this this summer.
>Tea for Two
Same for fall.
>>
>>11139702
Yes, and it is very interesting. It is not a crowd pleaser, however. Cheap enough for a blind buy, though.
>>
>>11139855
got mine from fragrancenet if that helps at all

lasts easily 12 hours on my skin

good luck!
>>
what you guys think of creed virgin island water?
I really liked it but I'm worried about longevity since I was only able to wear it for 5 hours before I had to shower
any other good creed frags or something similar in like a summer frag?
i hate GIT and aventus
>>
>>11139702
Take it from a perfumista-- It smells like the drydown of every other dirty vetiver-based fragrance out there. Hell, I have 6-hour-old Terre on my arm right now and it smells like Encre Noire but as a skin scent.

Buy EN if you want to skip all that development and top/heart note nonsense and just want that base to project as a scent cloud. Personally it's my least favorite scent because of how gritty and acrid it is to the nose. I do respect it for what it is, however. Like rubbing yourself with roots and dirt.
>>
>>11141307
Try MI and SMW. Can't stand the coconut in VIW, it reminds me of coconut in cookies and chocolate. I hate the stuff.
>>
Best designer pine scent? Something airy and cool to the nose. I loved the opening of Juniper Sling but it literally disappeared before I left the store. Polo green is too mature, and Luna Rosa Extreme is too incensey.
>>
>>11141307
i feel the same way about GIT and Aventus and find Creed to be hit-or-miss, but I really liked Himalaya and Royal Water.

I also like VIW very much once the coconut settles as I find it almost nauseating in the opening. As for longeavity, it's not the best. You could probably get ~6 hours out of it, but that's really not too bad for warm weather fragrances. And since it's light, like almost all warm weather scents, there isn't as big a problem with maybe adding an extra spray or two when you first wear it or after 5-6 hours.

And I've haven't personally tried it, but a lot of people rec Tommy Bahama St. Sails St. Barts as a cheap alternative. Mojito Chypre from Pierre Guillaume is one I have tried though that's pretty decent and reminds me of VIW without being a straight-up clone.
>>
can you guys recommend some fragrances to a total pleb

i don't think i have a preference
A
I've used RL Blue and YVS La nuit de l'homme in the past becasue /fa/ told me to. I like them, they're alright.

Price range is <50€
>>
>>11139910
Yeah, I'm into "interesting" over "pleasing" frags. It's cheap enough to blind buy a full bottle which is why it got me interested, but I may just scoop a sample off the net.

>>11141820
You're actually a perfumista? This kind of advice is why I ask about frags on /fa/. Honestly, I was interested in it because I heard it's very natural smelling. I'm not into anything cologney or powdery or overly aquatic/fresh. For example, Slumberhouse Norne is my top-tier.

I've heard the ISO E is kind of offensive to some, smelling chemical/synthetic, which is not my thing.
>>
File: IMG-20160404-WA0005.jpg (178KB, 1328x747px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160404-WA0005.jpg
178KB, 1328x747px
>>11139855
Dude in the end its such a little difference. Besides this, If you live in country where in summer its warm I wouldnt suggest to buy DHI since its not that good with warm weather (had it today on at ~15°C and think it was the last time this year before autumn)
>>
>>11141923
Boss Bottled.
You cant do anything wrong. A lot of people have it though.
>>
>>11141925
"Natural" is not the first word that comes to mind, but it is definitely interesting in concept. It's certainly cheap enough to blind buy, but I don't think it's worth the full bottle. Try the flankers too. I've only tried EN sport and not the intense one but it's more wearable than the original.

Wonderwood, Royal Oud and Dunhill Icon Absolute all have the same very dry woody vibe that you may want to look at. Try to find a sample of Narcisso Rodriguez too for something as unique in character.
>>
>>11141307
While I like coconut, I find VIW to smell too much like that ubiquitous "tropical" suntan lotion you smell everywhere at the beach. Try Set Sail St. Barts or Premier Figuier for a more interesting and cheaper take on that vibe.
>>
>>11141856
Try Halston Z-14, but it also might be too mature for your tastes. The other two suggestions were designer, but are discontinued, so are commanding higher prices on eBay:
Eau des 4 Voleurs
Polo Crest
>>
>>11141927
I mean I suppose but I have plenty of summer fragrances, and a lot of the time I'm going to be in climate controlled environments anyways.
>>
>>11114139
I have a sample of secretions magnifique that I keep around purely for those times I feel like smelling something horrible
>>
>>11141965
Thanks for the reccs perfumianon, I'll probably look for samples of EN and flankers.

I've been after Wonderwood for the longest time, I just gotta find a decant of it already. I'll keep the others in mind.
>>
>>11141923

YSL L'Homme is good to and is the day counterpart to the La Nuit version.

As the other anon mentioned Boss Bottled is good but I would go for the Intense version of Boss Bottled.

Versace Pour Homme is another good one
>>
>>11141856
Bottega Veneta Pour Homme

That said, my favorite pine scent is Fille en Aiguilles by Serge Lutens, which, if you do some shopping around, you can find for around $80 online
>>
>>11142033
but DHI is more like a heavy wool coat than a suit jacket/blazer. Under no circumstances would you wear the former in mild weather
>>
>>11142033
You wont like it anyway in summer. Its perfect for Winter but far too Heavy for Summer.
>>
File: 2016-04-06_17-38-30.png (8KB, 193x240px) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-06_17-38-30.png
8KB, 193x240px
Alright so I'm nearing the end of my frag's life.

The strategy this time around is to just get one frag for every occasion and just let that run its course for however long it takes me to run out before repeating the process.

I've narrowed it down to a list based on what I've seen in the thread, as well as few other sources. Price doesn't matter. Here are the occasions I want to cover:

Spring
Summer
Fall
Winter
General, casual use
Nighttime/Clubbing
Business Casual
Formal Events
Outdoors-y stuff (hiking/camping)
Vacation stuff (hot vacations, like beach days, or a cruise)

What do you guys recommend I use for each of these? I will gladly take suggestions outside of what I've listed.
In particular I'm not really sure what I want to do for a winter frag
(These aren't really distinct categories, so if there's a frag you think works great for vacationing, but also suits summer in general or something, just combine the two.)
>>
>>11141933

boss bottled intense*
>>
>>11142835
>>11143017
Fair enough. Gonna kill myself waiting to use it again.
>>
>>11143036

>Spring
>Summer
>General use
>Vacation
Versace Man Eau Fraiche will cover all of these, just buy the big bottle and invest in a travel atomizer / mini funnel. The opening is fantastic and you'll want to revisit it throughout the day.

>Fire Island
I blind purchased this based on online reviews and positive comments from this thread. The suntan lotion comparisons are fair, but you've never smelled such a high quality suntan lotion. This is a tuberose heavy scent so if you're shy about florals, try before you buy. For more depth, blend it with other beach-y / aquatic fragrances. One hit of Fire Island on my chest with Versace Eau Fraiche everywhere else will be my hot weather combo this year.

>Outdoors-y
Terre d'Hermes comes to mind. Read up on the three variants - Eau tres Fraiche, Eau de Toilette, and Parfum. EtF is my favorite, but the Parfum smells like camping in the Fall to me.
>>
>>11096421
my current edt ran out, what should I get? I am looking for an affordable but decent 24/7 signature scent for him.
>>
>>11144423

Age/etc?

And what were you using?
>>
>>11144457
25, male, fairly /fit/, I dress like a boring grown up though. I am a student and teaching at the same time so both in the auditorium and in front of it. I posted http://i.4cdn.org/fit/1459979465487.png, maybe that helps.

last edt I used was hoggar. I disliked it at first but learned to love the sandy smell of it. I think I need something with decent stay (if that is the correct term) without being too overpowering after putting it on in the morning. Ideally I'd like people to notice if and only if they get close to me, and not be bothered by it just sitting next to me - which I am aware is a tough balance.
>>
I baught Club de Nuit over ebay from India and Im waiting since 1 week for it to come, god I look so farward to smell it
>>
>>11144694
for warm weather try:
Acqua di Parma Colonia Intensa
The Different Company Un Parfum De Charmes et Feuilles

for cool weather try:
Diptyque Volutes eau de toilette
Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour homme

if you want something that can work year-round try:
Penhaligon's Endymion
Yves Saint Laurent Body Kouros
>>
>>11144694

Ysl l'homme
>>
>>11145438
thanks for the suggestions, although I might have some difficulty actually getting most of these
>affordable
>100 € / 100 ml
yves saint laurent looks like the only one I could get, although I am not sure if I want to take my chances with ordering it online before trying it.
>>
>>11145498
Thanks, I'll check it out tmw.

General question, how do I differentiate / choose between edt, edp and edc?
>>
>>11145522
>edt, edp and edc
those all refer to concentration of the actual perfume oils/ingredients in the fragrance solution, with eau de Cologne being the lowest and eau de parfum being the highest (and then there is simply "parfum," which typically denotes undiluted fragrance)

generally, edCs are lighter and don't last as long, summer scents that are designed to be splashed on two-three throughout the day; edts are the most common and broad category that cover the full spectrum of notes and performance; edps are typically heavier, last longer with greater sillage, and utilized more in cool and mild weather scents, though many are appropriate for summer use while still adding a richness that edts lack for the most part

whichever you choose depends completely on your needs and which version of a particular scent you like best
>>
>>11146405
Thanks, very informative and comprehensive. I'll try out a few scents tomorrow, anything I should note about testing? I guess I'll have to use test strips because I'll head straight to work.
>>
>>11146415
Test strips aren't as good as putting it on your skin.
Scents develop, don't just go by the first few sniffs.
Don't hold the paper directly under your nose, people aren't stuck to your skin either.
If you try too many at once, your nose gets fatigued, try only a few at a time.
>>
>>11146426
I guess I'll head back there after work and try one I liked to see how it changes.
>>
What's something that smells good in the rain?
>>
>>11141856
I like Zagorsk by cdg. Hinoki has a nice twist although it's mostly other woods, but it hasn't got the incense that overpowers sometimes.

I have a bottle of Arso by profumum roma, I love it.
If you don't mind musk and a few purp flowers, Dans tes bras is great, as are all Frederic Malle (totally bias).
You can get a sample of vintage inoui by shiseido also, my man. It's a piece of history and it's great.
>>
>>11141856
>>11146771
Ah fuck, I missed the word designer. Oh well.
>>
>>11146614
Encre Noir is my go to when it's cold and rainy. Which isn't very often in Los Angeles.
>>
Where does /fa/ store there cologne? Just curious,
>>
>>11147615
on a shelf in my walk-in closet. get to display those pretty bottles and keep them out of heat and light
>>
>>11147615
bathroom cabinet

inb4 frag autists get mad
>>
>>11146415
Try four on the skin at a time, two on the hands, two on the arms. Smell them on you through the entire day. Note that oversniffing one spot can numb you to the same notes in another spot.

Personally I try 2-3 times on different days before I choose a fragrance.
>>
>>11148286
I can't walk around smelling like a mixed bag of whatever it is I try. I might just pick something and not make a science out of it, even if that is heresy around here.
>>
>>11148390
If you have the money sure. Otherwise, just take a few days with one scent per day to find the one you like the most.
>>
>>11146405
parfum or perfume usually means >25% oil (or 20-25% according to some), not pure oil. 100% oil with no alcohol usually comes as "essential oil" or attar.
>>
>>11141925
>You're actually a perfumista?
A "perfumista" isn't anything special. It's just anyone interested in perfume
>>
>>11144084
>Fire Island
love this frag, own a 50mL of it. you started me thinking whether it would work layering that w Neroli Portofino. could see that being resort-status
>>
>>11149208
I tried layering Fire Island with Eau de New York, which is pretty similar to Neroli Portofino (both are orange blossom scents with green notes), and it was baller af. I'm sure TFNP will layer nicely.
>>
>>11145498
I tried this today along, it is awesome. The other one I tried was Dior Sauvage, equally amazing. Both were meh for the first 2-5 minutes but got better by the minute. Now I can't decide which one to get.
>>
I've always been heavily into fragrances that aim to smell like particular places (hence my love for Bond No. 9) I want to try silver mountain water and L'Air du Desert Morocain, but can anyone think of anything else in the vein of locational fragrances?
>>
>>11149896
I don't think any of those scents, Bond included, try to smell like those places. Maybe evocative in a figurative, poetic sense, but not aiming to be accurate or authentic.

But mostly, it's just to have a cool name
>>
>>11147615
Bottom drawer.

>>11148227
>inb4 frag autists get mad
Because you know you're storing it wrong, mongoloid. Whatever, it's not my money or stuff getting wasted
>>
>>11149364

Try Bleu de Chanel edp (not edt) as well
>>
>>11150387
I made up my mind already, getting ysl l'homme. Is the 100 € / 200 ml offer on amazon legit? Not sure where to get it, but online seems to be the best option. European mainland as you can tell from the currency and mediocre English.
>>
>>11150315
it doesnt affect it, tard
>>
>>11096424
ok i'd like some suggestions:

>gender
im a guy but i'd like something neutralish
>price range
honestly i dont know, my last fragrance was spice bomb, in that range i guess? i dont wanna cheap out but since i dont have a good sense of smell myself i dont wanna pay a shit ton.
>climate/season
swedish, preferably for all seasons idk
>use
nothing super formal, id like to be able to use it for everyday at uni if i feel like it and to dates n stuff like that
>notes/families you like/dislike
as i said i dont have a good sense of smell and since, i am a total pleb when it comes to perfumes
I dont like very 'sporty' smells, reminds me of P.E. class
I dont wanna smell like I am an old guy.... lmao...
suble floral is nice but not like those extreme womens perfume, i dont like the smell in flower shops

as i said spice bomb was my most recent one and i like it
i really like the mmm ones, but i think it might be because they are conceptual and they actually write the concept on the bottle so my fantasy and my sense of smell is working together...
>>
>>11148227
Haha me too.
>>
>>11143036
>Summer
>Spring
CDNI by Armaf
Versace Pour Homme
Bleu De Chanel
Eau Fraiche

>Fall/Winter
Boss Bottled Intense
Dior Homme/Dior Homme Intense

>General
CDNI by Armaf
Boss Bottled Intense
L'Homme by YSL

>Nighttime
La Nuit De L'Homme by YSL
Eros by Versace

>Business
Bleu De Chanel
L'Homme by YSL

>Formal
Dior Homme/Dior Homme Intense

Outdoorsy stuff
CDNI by Armaf (I actually hiked with this before, the birchwood smells awesome in the forest)

Dirty English by Juicy Couture (For some reason I love wearing this during BBQs, it blends in well with the BBQ smoke and I feel super manly when I wear this while doing the actual BBQing)

>Vacation in warm weather
I'd just go with anything mentioned in the Spring/Summer list.
>>
>>11150556
Try some of these Swiss Army knives of fragrance (IMO):
Pure Malt
360º Black for Men
Fahrenheit
TdH
>>
>>11150443

my nigra

I've got a sample of l'homme and waiting a few more weeks to buy a full bottle. Smells great.
>>
>>11150824
Pure Malt as a Swiss Army knife? It's a good smell, but isn't it a little unsubtle?
>>
>>11150443
dont ever buy on amazon. Amazon has the highest risk of faked fragrances. Better buy on ebay or some internet store.
>>
does anyone know how to get into the fragance game? ive always had a really strong sense of smell and have always been interested in perfumes and i wouldnt mind getting involved in the actual creation of scents
>>
>>11151762
I wouldn't wear eight sprays in the middle of summer, but since it doesn't get too hot in Sweden it can work if you're smart about application.
>>
>>11151777
>Amazon has the highest risk of faked fragrances
[citation needed]
>>
>>11151362
>>11151777
>>11152090
where should I get it then? paying more than double at Douglas' seems a bad idea.
>>
>>11152248
fragrancenet
>>
>>11152535
I'm ordering from europe, doesn't seem the right place.
>>
>>11152581
Iparfumerie.de is a good place.
>>
>>11152601
that looks even cheaper than fragrancenet, thanks. any chance of getting a discount code for the site?
>>
NEW NEW NEW

>>11152651

THREAD THREAD THREAD
>>
>>11152248
Amazon.
>>
>>11152248
well I buy from parfumgroup.de (dont know if there is a com version)
Every fragrance I baught is at least 30% cheaper there then at douglas
Thread posts: 318
Thread images: 41

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.