[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nonfashion-Fashion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: V neck.jpg (5KB, 236x313px) Image search: [Google]
V neck.jpg
5KB, 236x313px
Hey there /fa/ I don't really think about fashion too often and just kind of do whatever but I felt like stopping by and running it past you fellas and fellettes.

I'm tall and fit so I mostly just wear vnecks that skirt the border of obnoxiously tight, and some well fitted jeans along with some shoes that I feel will go unnoticed.

Is this the zen of fashion where you're effortless "effay" or am I just a lazy cunt?
>>
you look like every other schmuck who wears shirts and jeans

you're mediocre, nothing more and nothing less
>>
>>11081880
Isn't fashion more than just the clothes you wear though? I would assume my nonchalance and disregard for fashion actually makes me pretty fashionable.

Or does it have to be intentional. Who is more fashionable? The homeless dude, or all of you dudes trying to dress like a homeless person?
>>
>>11081890
>nonchalance and disregard
making a thread on an image board on the internet to ask strangers is neither nonchalance nor disregard lmao
you are literally a fuckboy
>>
>>11081893
Gonna be totally honest with you my /fa/mily. I accidentally clicked /fa/ because it's right beside /fit/ and decided to see I'm fashionable or not.

So is dressing well different than being fashionable? I'm starting to think it might be, people tell me I dress well but I think they're basically just saying I wear clothes that fit well.
>>
>>11081890
>I would assume my nonchalance and disregard for fashion actually makes me pretty fashionable.

only if you do something different than everybody else.

also >>>/thefedoralounge/
>>
>>11081898
if you view fashion in a similar regard as you would art, then its definition is not clearly defined and what's considered fashionable could be more than just "dressing well"

when the average joe tells you that you dress well, they simply mean how you dress reflects some efffort on your part and that you look better than someone who doesn't care. it doesn't necessarily mean you're fashionable in a more complex sense or even in the simple sense of representing what's current
>>
>>11081909
So who gets to decide? Some of the stuff in these threads makes the people wearing them look fucking awful. Is it still cool because it draws attention?

People are spending like 100s of dollars to look basically homeless.

Is it one of those things where when you get far enough into a subculture everyone is just trying to outdo each other? Like when /mu/ starts listening to really shitty music or how half of /fit/ finds obese women attractive.
>>
>>11081915
/mu/ is a fucking joke. just like this board is

this board is rampant with literal high school children

if you have any interest at all in fashion, either as an expression of art or just in dressing differently from what you're wearing now, i suggest you go to reddit's /mfa/ to look at their general information threads. if you're interested in fashion you can start reading articles, interviews, magazines, watching runway shows, etc. if you just want to start dressing differently, you can browse mfa or here, just don't conform with the hivemind there or take this board even remotely seriously for the most part. you'll see a decent thread here maybe once a week.
>>
>>11081932
>go to mfa for fashion advice

kysmm
>>
>>11081941
>can't even meme correctly
kill yourself, my man
>>
>>11081932
Thanks dawgbert I'll keep that in mind. I don't imagine my tastes will change that drastically, I have some formal wear, but I just typically dress to flatter my physique. I don't spend all those hours in the gym for nothing.

Plus I have some fashion minded friends so I'll usually bring one along if I'm going to be blowing a lot of money on shit.

I think if you take your entire taste from other people it no longer reflects you at all, but I don't mind if they stop me from making some big faux pas I don't understand.

I can't imagine myself conforming to any board on 4chan, they're usually 90% shit. I browse /fit/ but it's mostly just people whining tfwnogf (Though that appears to be universal, there's some goober whining about it on this board too) pol and people making fun of short guys.

Thanks for the advice though, you seem pretty chill.
>>
>>11081932
mfa is just /fa/ minus the shitposting and more hugbox, no one there has any clue what they are doing either
>>
>>11081952
i didn't say go to mfa and listen to what they say
i said read their general threads because they have organized, relatively up to date information for people just starting to pay attention to fashion

it also helps that their demographic is at the very least, more broad than the majority of 18-20 year old meme loving fucks here who are more concerned with trend hopping and stupid bullshit related to their insecurities than anything remotely substantial
>>
>>11081958
I was gonna be polite because this isn't my home board and I've only been on here for less than an hour, but fuck it.

A lot of the people here remind me of the kids I knew in an art college through some friends. Really obsessed with their image, but incredibly unsubstantial underneath and would end up in drama and crying every time we all drank. They had no real identity and no idea who the fuck they were.

Oh well, that's enough armchair psychology from me. Thanks for the advice again fella or fellette. I just made this post out of curiosity, I mostly just expected to get shit on a few times but you were genuine with me, and that's a rare thing on 4chan.
>>
No you're not effortless...

You wear v necks, which almost always look horrible and are mostly worn by guys who want to show of their body. If this is the reason you wear them, you're definitely not effortless. Even if you never tought about your clothing choices, you're probably not effortless. I know sounds a little cliche, but if you want to break the rules you first have to know them. You probably don't.
>>
>>11082083
No worries, I skimmed the shia thread I think I figured it out.

You wear whatever you want. Then you buy what current fashion trend dictate. Then you go back to wearing whatever you want, but now it's second hand.

Then you just cobble shit together from the three previous categories and people do mental backflips to justify your decisions.

It's sort of like how if you're attractive and quiet, you're the strong silent type, but if you're ugly and quiet you're just the quiet creeper.
>>
Clothing is only supposed to look effortless, not actually be so. Anybody can put on a t-shirt and jeans and look pretty good and effortless, because you literally didn't put any effort into it, but being truly fashionable is creating a style of your own and making that look completely effortless even though you've spent years perfecting it.
>>
>>11082093
I get what you're saying, but I'm probably just going to keep dressing to flatter my body. Clothes are just clothes, your body is who you are.

Thanks for the advice though.
>>
>>11082131
That's fine, you'll look pretty good in what you wear. Just don't kid yourself into thinking that you've found some sort of clothing nirvana that's above all fashion. Be realistic.
>>
>>11082093
god tier comment
>>
>>11082151
I'll be honest with you because you've been kind. I just tossed that last line in to make sure I got replies, kind of shitty in retrospect.

I was curious to see what the fashionable type thinks about my look, but I knew it would get buried if I didn't add something slightly inflammatory.

I'm pretty self aware. I dress in a manner designed to pull attention away from my clothes and onto my body, I'm not vain enough to think that makes me a fashion guru, I've just been on 4chan enough to make a topic that gets a reply.

Thanks for your time and patience, have a good day.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.