[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

has the average intelligence of the average user of this board

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 12

has the average intelligence of the average user of this board dropped significantly, or are far more people trolling than there used to be?
I know it has been bad for a while, but I havent seen fascist faggot in forever and the waywt threads are seriously worse than reddit now

the sad thing is i remember when they werent
>>
I know that feel, senpai
This board is dead
>>
>>11064286
Just more younger people starting to post. Happens every year.
>>
>>11064286
/fa/ has its Eternal September problem without the following learning period. So yes, it's been a problem, and for a while.
>>
>>11064286

Senpai, some of us are still here, it's up to us to teach the youth the right path!!!
>>
the board's just gone to shit. It sucks, but what are you gonna do. I can't help but feel partially responsible though, it's my demographic thats killing this board with shitposts when I just wanna lurk and look at clothes I'm to poor to buy.
>>
W-why don't the mods care about us?
>>
>>11064286
Fascist knew very little about clothing though

He knew a few brand names (obsessed with longchamp bags and studiohomme) but his actual level of knowledge was limited

He was just a homosexual Korean who pretended likenhe knew something you didn't in order to come off as englightended and forward thinking

In reality he was a dork
>>
File: 1445127810627.jpg (5KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
1445127810627.jpg
5KB, 184x184px
>the board's shit now, it was totally good three years ago back in our glory days XD

jesus christ all of you just need to flaunt how much of an oldfag you are huh? sounds like someone doesn't want to hear that they're contributing to the problem
>>
>>11064421
it was best back before 4chan existed
>>
just look at the waywt threads, it tells you all you need to know about this board. wall to wall terrible fits
>>
The inferno of the living is not something that will be; if there is one, it is what is already here, the inferno where we live every day, that we form by being together. There are two ways to escape suffering it. The first is easy for many: accept the inferno and become such a part of it that you can no longer see it. The second is risky and demands constant vigilance and apprehension: seek and learn to recognize who and what, in the midst of inferno, are not inferno, then make them endure, give them space.
>>
I think most boards are seeing a large number of "oldfags" leave while at the same time a lot of new users start browsing. When the older users have become a minority there's less quality control in the form of people calling out shit taste, so quality drops and soon this place is literally worse than reddit.
>>
yep, it's shit

no, it's not going to improve

go somewhere else if you're into fashion
>>
>>11064914
this, p much all the good regular posters left about a year ago

a decent thread pops up every once in a while, and the rick generals are pretty friendly and knowledgeable at least (even if they arent the most creative bunch), but outside that this board has really gone to shit

rip effay
>>
Out of years of browsing hobby sites, there's this example that's one of the most memorable to me. Forgot whether I saw it on SF or AAAC.

So a person asked which brand A or B had better quality. Most of the thread said B because it catered to their taste. Then one guy said A, and provided detailed reasoning that the materials/construct/etc, were better. The rest of the thread responded "well it's just your opinion, whereas our judgement based on preferences on style is an objective one".

What's happening to this board or 4chan is not exclusive to this site alone. Most forums suffer from it. Why don't people with expertise and experience feel incentivized to share their knowledge online? Because they don't like wasting time just to get inane arguments and a headache.

I myself hasn't feel attracted to this board for years. I only visit once every few months to check what the kids are wearing to get gift ideas for my nephews.
>>
>>11064421
>three years
>oldfag
>>
>>11064418
that's exactly what you do
>>
When I first visited around 20 months ago everyone was talking about menswear and all around more tasteful things.
I think what happened was that the user demographics shifted to a younger average age and now that more than half of this board are high school students, it's integrity crumbled. Now it's just meme this and that.
>>
I thing the one thing that would help this site as a whole get less sick is to suspend greentext and to ban the word meme.
Really that's what kids come here for, the memes and when you take that away and force them to use this site as a tool, shitposting declines.
>>
>>11065182
lmao fuck sieg

hes a tryhard le edgy internet guy, dont take anything he says seriously
>>
>>11064418
:') at least you're still here sieg

that post made me happy
>>
where did all the oldfags go? do they have lives now? I'm still here T_T

"don't forget, you're here forever"
>>
>>11065254
yeh, cause people wouldn't immediately come up with a new word for "meme" and a different way to tell stories and make current year related posts
>>
File: 1444120964233.jpg (600KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1444120964233.jpg
600KB, 1080x1920px
>>11065280
some are involved in the fashion industry now

the rest is just literally dead
>>
>>11065343
how does he get away with cosplaying as a nazi soldier while literally living in Berlin?
>>
>>11065239
This board has been mostly 16-22 for years. At least since early 2014.
>>
>>11065362
he's literally wearing only designer clothing in that pic plus nobody gives a shit in berlin

german neonazis dont look like nazi soldiers

they try to be as normal as possible nowadays wearing thor steinar and the like
>>
>>11065390
Do they not give a shit? I know he doesn't look the way actual neo nazis look, I just figured that dressing in a way that's modeled after nazi soldiers is still frowned upon. Glad to hear I'm wrong, though
>>
File: 1443782219224.jpg (98KB, 600x891px) Image search: [Google]
1443782219224.jpg
98KB, 600x891px
repost - if u wanna gtfo /fa/

online fashion forum list Mk VI
---
p active:
4chan /fa/
care-tags (ct)
KanyeToThe (KTT)
DressedWell (DW)
Thefashionspot (tfs)

Somewhat active:
StyleZeitgeist (SZ)
Hypebeast
fuk (fuk.co.uk)
StyleForum (sf)

Not that active:
superfuture (sufu)
Most fashion IRCs
5thD (5th-dimension)
8ch /fa/
Harajuju
Unwoven

reddit (all pretty active):
/r/streetwear
/r/malefashion
/r/malefashionadvice
/r/femalefashionadvice

/fa/-based groups:
onanigang (skype)
#effay IRC (Rizon)
London group (Kik/afk/MDMA)
Stockholm group (Kik/afk)
"/fa/ friends"(MyFitnessPal, LoseIt) - see thinspo general
>>
>>11065422
Berlin is quite a free for all when it comes to how people dress. Normal people wouldn't really associate him looking like a nazi soldier. Just military or goth or just think he's a weirdo in the worst case scenario
>>
>>11065428
>Harajuju
went kaputt last year
>>
>>11064418
>sieg not realizing that he's part of the problem
so when was the last time you posted a fit, you obese fuck
>>
File: rich.jpg (69KB, 919x720px) Image search: [Google]
rich.jpg
69KB, 919x720px
>>11064286
>knoch left
>twerk left
>slater left
>mifune left
>poet left
>strawtengu left
>that one lad that made a shit ton of infographs left
>dr. komme left
>even fucking basedprophet/trunks left
>>
>>11064286
It did, that'd be nice if some of you guys became mods...
>>
I guess streetwear and hip hop flirting with avantgarde fashion brought in too many kids with no real taste or ideas of their own. Maybe they will grow into something ok. Fashion wasn't for everyone 5 years ago - it is now. That said I still find some fun stuff here.
>>
i like /rog/
>>
>>11064343
You are part of the problem, cancer. All your opinions and content are basically copy and pasted straight from /mfa. Fuck off.
>>
>>11065615
It was literally shut down because the site owner, Brad, went bald and he had a melt down since his entire identity was framed around being a androgynous pretty boy. Was funny as fuck.
>>
>>11064434
agreed, delete 4chan hiroki
>>
>>11065928
Definitely this

Kanye and A$ap created a more main stream culture. Before it was just brands like LV, Gucci, Prada, etc - big mainstream designers with logos all over them that were in hip hop.

Now you got different brands being shouted out like HBA, Palace, Supreme, Rick, Raf, MMM, etc.

I've also noticed that people are willing to pay more for quality clothing with the rise of social media, people are trying to impress other people.

>>11065147
Too many people asking, not enough giving. I think it's worse on /fa/ because you're not rewarded with "likes" or reps like reddit has, so people just keep asking the same questions. Also need more mods to keep quality, a mod like /tv/s.
>>
File: stay alive fish pls.webm (3MB, 224x398px) Image search: [Google]
stay alive fish pls.webm
3MB, 224x398px
>>11066764

Wait- Brad went bald?
Pictures..?
>>
>>11066727
"NO. IT'S BAD! HOW CAN YOU NOT SEE THIS?"

This is one of the main pathologies of /fa/ -"everything is shit", even the good stuff. Fuckers here complain about everything that is bad with the board, as well as the not-as-bad content like fuccboi general /rog/, /skin/, /frag/ and the occasional avant garde thread. We have some remnants of a decent /fa/ but even those parts are shat upon.

Stick to your comfy general threads where the cancer isn't as prevalent. The lack of interest here in the topics protects you. It'll hopefully work for a while longer.
>>
>>11065837
only 2 people on that list were worth anything. the rest were just retards and/or losers
the problem is that any decent topics are shouted down by angry, ugly betas who just rip on anything in a "if i cant have it, no one can" move
>>
I've seen this identical thread being made in every single board for 5 years. The boards aren't getting shitter, they were always shit - you're just becoming better. When you first started coming here everything was new information and seemed informative and relevant, but now you know that shit and realise it's all pretty basic stuff.
>>
>>11065362
>cosplaying as a nazi soldier
Dude that guy's a fuckin chink, the nazis would of shot him
>>
File: brad-t.jpg (32KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
brad-t.jpg
32KB, 512x512px
>>11066793

idk how recent this is but it does look like hes receding. should probs invest in high quality toupee or implants, cant see a buzzcut working for him
>>
>>11066867
>only 2 people on that list were worth anything
>implying that the only worthless one wasn't trunks
>calling someone a loser while on 4chan
>calling someone a beta while on 4chan
WEW
E
W
>>
>>11067996
triggered faggot?
knoch had sewing skills and a lot of knowledge when it came to vintage surplus. trunks is autistic but very entertaining. the rest were worthless in every regard
>>
File: viper.jpg (31KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
viper.jpg
31KB, 320x320px
>>11068023
>twerk
>slater
>mifune
>strawtengu
>komme

>not the consistently best fits this board has ever seen
tinfoil had genuinely useful information and not terrible drawing skills
and poet invented an entirely new style ffs
>>
File: meme.jpg (235KB, 1648x1114px) Image search: [Google]
meme.jpg
235KB, 1648x1114px
>>11064343
oldfag here same era as you 2008-2010 knew Kafka, Tomorrow, Miranda, Unpop, Slater, etc

you speak a lot for a person that has never posted a fit on /fa/ in years. actually I dont think you ever did...

Patrick youre a decent tripfag but some times you talk out of your ass.

Fashion evolves, new styles are born, trends die, etc. Deal with it. Dont hate it.
>>
>>11065428
>KanyeToThe
just
>>
>>11064343
I feel like the only reason you trip is so that people know you're a lawyer and have more cash and shit. Seriously, I have no idea what you're about from a style perspective. You're on here all the fucking time, but the advice you give is generic nice guy shit. I know this is something people throw around a lot, but seriously, fuck off to Reddit or drop trip dude. Better yet, post fit or contribute something that isn't you just saying you're a fucking lawyer over and over again
>>
>>11064286
That guy looks embarrassed to be wearing that lmao.

His head does not match his body, at least by how the outfit fits.
A muscle head on a stick basically...
a bobble head.
No bobble pls.
>>
>>11067277
the white guy on the right is a chink?
shit nigga im need ma shit chekt yacash?
>>
>>11065383

It goes further than that.

in late 2012 it was just rick owens,roshe runs and air force 1 mid discussions.
>>
>>11068345
you should've noticed that he's retarded by the time that he wrote 'should have' as 'should of'
>>
>>11068090
I like how you listed all of the users who never gave a shit about fashion and one chick who fucked dogs
>>
>>11068465
>I like how you listed all of the users who never gave a shit about fashion
don't think he mentioned you
>>
>>11068918
hahahaa. Nice

the sad thing is that sieg will never leave regardless of how many times he gets blown out of the water
>>
>>11068936
u first fuccboi
talkshit postafit
>>
File: IMG_20160317_120117.jpg (3MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160317_120117.jpg
3MB, 4160x3120px
>>11068951
I didn't change just what I was wearing RN,
>>
>>11068936
>fashion is objective, what you cucks think looks good doesn't matter to anyone
Different aesthetics isn't the problem though, I dislike hypebeast shit like Gosha and Supreme but being a board about fashion they do belong here. The problem mostly stems from people not lurking, which leads to them asking stupid questions (which is why we have 10 repeats of the same thread every day), and then posting terrible fits with Target-tier clothes, which people then either praise because they're just as ignorant, or say it looks shit without providing constructive feedback. I'm not saying that everyone here should be dressed in full designer, because not everyone has a lifestyle that supports that, but people should try to put some more effort in than tossing on a pair of ill-fitting jeans, a t-shirt two sizes too big, and a pair of new balances.
This ain't a contest, boys. Educate yourself, find what works on you, and help others improve so we can usher in an era of everyone wearing sick fits.
>>
Thank Kanye.
>>
>>11065428
don't forget the infamous renegade gang 'paypals' secret /fa/ facebook group.
>>
>>11069029
$50k+ wardrobe only
>>
>>11068936

it's not, though, jesus shitting christ. you fucking /fit/ man children are like locusts, just chill OUT. /r9k/ for autists that lift and you're ruining every single board, not even the /mlp/flood was this bad, at least they realized their hobby/fetish wasn't for everyone.

/fa/ has been one of few boards with actual "normal" posters, people who weren't fascist school shooters or autismo sperglords, but then you fucking freaks mobilized and fucked up every goddamn board.

the 2000-whatever protests were better, i swear on my fucking arse
>>
>>11069273
I've said it before and I'll say it now: the biggest problem on the board is people who think that anything here will make you cool or an interesting person.
>>
>>11068931
a fat fuck that occasionally shares insights in certain niche, usually disguised under bitter vicious rants that thin-skinned children get offended by
or
teens, whose only experience are with h&m and uniqlo, that misappropriate this place as a relationship chatroom alternative to their tumblr and instagram

geez i wonder who i prefer
>>
File: 14567026909270-b.jpg (154KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
14567026909270-b.jpg
154KB, 960x1280px
>>11066901
So much this.
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.