[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When will the emo/scene aesthetic make a comeback?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: scene.jpg (139KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
scene.jpg
139KB, 600x800px
When will the emo/scene aesthetic make a comeback?
>>
hopefully never, I'm too old to be turned on by girls that age now
>>
>>11056226
The biggest driving factor is/was the rise and fall of MySpace

We will never see a true reemergence of that particular style, but will certainly in the future see a style of its own merit / appearance come and go
>>
File: 1401291668317.jpg (17KB, 441x408px) Image search: [Google]
1401291668317.jpg
17KB, 441x408px
>>11056227
Don't lie bud, everyone knows that 20-and-under women are objectively the most attractive
>>
Presumably as soon as suicide squad comes out, although I doubt it'll last..
>>
>>11056236
>20-and-under women are objectively the most attractive
confirmed for truth. actually [spoiler]14[/spoiler] to 20, to be specific.

I don't see emo ever coming back, but I can see the essence of the aesthetic re-emerging in some other setting. Especially with designers pushing futuristic clothing into mainstream, the coloured hair strands and racoon eyes could be part of a more urban cyber-punky way.
>>
>>11056804
pedo
>>
File: image.jpg (67KB, 640x333px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67KB, 640x333px
It already did.

MyDigitalEscape is THE pinnacle of the new emo/scene. Pretty sad, IMO.
>>
>>11056911
Damn, reminds me of high school
>>
>>11056911
wouldbullythesekids/10
>>
>>11056911
They're going on tour, but they have no talent and they're all just vloggers wtf would they do on tour
>>
File: image.jpg (58KB, 639x669px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58KB, 639x669px
>>11057047
That's what I asked myself at first.

It turns out that these kids are "musically talented".

>pic related, Bryan Stars' crowdfunding for his upcoming EP
>>
How does he need money to record an EP? I can't believe he convinced idiots to give him money

Don't even know who this person is - hope he spends the money on drugs and dies
>>
>>11057047
They're coming through my venue in like a month. Sounds like it'll be a shit show.
>>
>>11056226
Half of me wants it to make a comeback (certain girls pulled it off extremely well), part of me is glad it's dead.

Real answer is more or less >>11056232. There was a time and a place when all the factors hit well - MySpace, Hot Topic, the rise of a lot of goth/emo/scene bands, etc. - to create a trend. It won't escape obscurity unless that happens again. It probably won't ever/

The best way I could imagine it coming back: a few bands pop up that reinvigorate the genre. As such, a lot of interest pops up in the aesthetic. A few smaller companies bite on the trend and push some makeup/clothing/whatever that sells well. Bigger companies take note and nationalize.
>>
if you live in the US go to Warped Tour, it's not quite dead

I go with some friends every year as a 70% joke, we just dick around and make fun of the bands and have a good time, every now and then you run into one of those absurdly attractive girls with daddy issues and it just gets better

polite sage
>>
>>11056911
Dude in the middle is 25 JUST
>>
>>11056986
You wouldn't bully anyone, you fucking twig.
>>
>>11057375
It's really fucking weird too, all their videos are just sexual innuendos and all the immature moaning and shit for 10 minutes, and most them were underage when the channel started and some still are

Abuse scandal when?
>>
>>11057366
I would go but isnt it all 14 year olds now?
>>
>>11056808
Hebe*
>>
>>11057967
>but isnt it all 14 year olds now?

Why do you think he goes?
>>
File: 1418908367015.jpg (59KB, 530x444px) Image search: [Google]
1418908367015.jpg
59KB, 530x444px
>>11056226
im not 15 anymore so it wouldnt have any effect on me
>>
>>11056808
do you think Natalie Portman is attractive in Leon
>>
Never
>>
>>11057276
what is a recording studio
what is mastering
>>
>>11056226
5 years
Wasn´t VFILES making a documentary of it?
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.