[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

need "actual" advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (63KB, 621x664px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63KB, 621x664px
So I'm pissed off. I went over to /adv/ go ask for advice regarding clothing. I'm a 25 year old middle class male, and I don't know shit about how to dress. I typically just wear the same set of jeans and a solid black or solid dark green T-shirt. I don't know what else to do. So I went on /adv/ and asked them. And they said "go out and get some button down shirts! Leave it untucked and roll the sleeves and it should look good!" So that's what I did. Then they talk shit to me and tell me I wasted my money. What the fuck.

Like, I'm not trying to be "sexy" or look like a model. I just want to be a normal dude who dresses decent.

What am I doing wrong? I listened to what people said but then got shit for it
>>
Looks too big. The seams go past your shoulders and the hem is past your zipper
>>
Take a picture of the lower half of your body
>>
File: image.jpg (75KB, 640x732px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75KB, 640x732px
>>11055122

Thanks for actually giving me real information

That shirt was a Medium sized. This one here is a small. The curse of being naturally slim
>>
shirt is too big, it looks like a dress shirt from its length, dress shirts are suppose to be tucked in.
>>
File: image.jpg (240KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
240KB, 960x1280px
>>11055124

It was kind of awkard figuring out how to take this picture since I don't have a full mirror. But, I guess I can see now that it might be a little long
>>
>>11055116
all these people are douche bags and this isnt really the place for your question believe it or not :/ however dressing well is easy. there are a few important things IMO. 1 Fit. the close must fit. doesnt matter if its casual, slim, trim, "fitted" but they must fit you properly. 2. chose a good color pallet. you can look up color combinations on google or something. and some random small rules. If your going to wear a blazer or sport coat, dont button the bottom button. belt should match shoes. (brown shoes / brown belt, black shoes / black belt) obviously there are no rules in fashion but this is a good way to start off looking "together" before you get your own unique taste and sense of fashion. And remember "less is more" take what you want from that.
>>
>>11055130

where can I find shorter shirts? I ordered these from Old Navy. And the dudes in the picture didn't have them tucked
>>
>>11055141
Uniqlo
n
i
q
l
o
>>
>>11055141
They're models, so they're tall. Find casual shirts and not dress shirts. Check out Uniqlo and H&M
>>
>>11055164
>>11055177

ok thanks. But I thought I was looking at casual shirts on Old Navy's website
>>
File: image.png (447KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
447KB, 640x1136px
This?
>>
File: image.png (302KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
302KB, 640x1136px
or this?
>>
File: image.png (566KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
566KB, 640x1136px
btw

This is one of the shirts I'm wearing. So I'm confused about the whole tucking it in thing and "dress shirt" this was in the casual section
>>
>>11055223
I'd go with that, not a fan of the checkered pattern on the first one
>>
>>11055141
Go into a store and try them on. Old navy shirts fit me quite well. Don't order unless you know your size
>>
>>11055116
Read sticky
>>
>>11055126
Dont where your watch.
>>
>>11055332

I'm going to get a nicer watch. I just took that picture after I got home from work
>>
>>11055316

ok
>>
You're not in bad shape or anything... so you should try to find clothing that is more closer fitting.

Unless you're going for some kind of distinctive silhouette or somesuch, your clothing should compliment your figure instead of obscuring it.
>>
How tall are you? Sometimes shirts are a bit longer than they should be because they're meant for taller people
>>
>>11055332
**wear
more specifically: plastic watches look cheap and awful to the majority of people who aren't into watches. get a small metal analog watch with leather straps and suddenly you're way ahead of the game

>>11055122
agreed on shoulder seams, and that length is meant for tucking in, not being untucked - I don't like the combination of low contrast shirt and pants in OP's picture either. the size otherwise is okay, it doesn't fit like a tent but actually gives him mobility

>>11055126
again, made for tucking in. maybe you should just start tucking in your shirts

you should also look into pants that aren't jeans, jeans can only take you so far in your fits and then you've got to have other options and colours to work with
>>
>>11055116
OP what's your height/weight? You look very similarly-proportioned to me. I'm 5'9 and 145 lbs and the GAP size small fits me really well (it fit my 6'0, ~165 lbs friend nicely as well). I'm thinking you probably need to go down a size based on the way that's fitting. If that's not the case, you'll probably want to look into buying a different brand of button-downs (if you're really tall or really short you might have to look around awhile) - i'd strongly advocate going to a mall and trying on shit in-person after getting an idea of how it's "supposed" to fit

and i don't wanna sound rude - you seem like a good dude and I want to help you out. But your jeans are shit. You really wanna cop some dark jeans that fit well. I'd strongly recommend Levi's 511, Levi's 510, and H&M's slim/skinny fit pants. I just copped a bunch of H&M pants that were like size 32 waist (even though i'm very slender, probably more like a size 30 waist) because it makes the pant leg slightly wider, but still narrow enough to give you a good silhouette.

Remember: prioritize getting some dark pants first - they look good with nearly everything. Then maybe get a few lighter-colored pairs.
>>
>>11055231
that's a "regular fit" shirt; look for slim-fit when buying from Gap since you're really thin

also get rid of that watch senpai
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.