[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/vegan general/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 3

File: vegan general.png (62KB, 725x532px) Image search: [Google]
vegan general.png
62KB, 725x532px
Really, not trying to stir the pot here, just looking for some good vegan footwear.

Vegan homies out there, what are you wearing?

Is there such a thing as a vegan boot that won't fall apart or look like shit in a year?

How do yall feel about vegan faux leather?
>>
>Not trying to stir the pot.

Too late, you've pissed in the pot just by posting.

>Is there such a thing as a vegan boot that won't fall apart or look like shit in a year?

No, fake leather is shit.
>>
What's the point in being vegan aside from better diet?
>>
>>11053422
im with you on the fake leather
any non-leather boot alternatives?
im not forcing it down your throat here, just skip this thread...

>>11053427
theres personal/ethical considerations on my side, but its different for a lot of people.
>>
>>11053437
Don't get me wrong, I know you're not forcing it on me, but 4chan is the Death Star of autism, so by posting about something that triggers contrarian autists, you've not only stirred the pot, but pissed in it too.

(See: The vegan thread on /ck/)

There are canvas boots, but I can't tell you about their quality.
>>
>>11053449
yeah I fully acknowledge that but I feel like the mentality you have is a bit skewed. Were not all assholes, I feel like I may even be doing my part by posting here and being a reasonable human being

thanks for the redirect, i'll take a look at the general audience
>>
>>11053449
god damnit im losing hope quickly fuck identifying with this shit
>>
>>11053409
I sued to have a pair of vegan Macbeths for work that head together surprisingly well
>>
>>11053457
I don't think you get what I'm saying, but I'm not really anti-vegan, just anti- "I put my cat on a vegan diet" -type vegans, which aren't a majority.

Anyway, good luck with finding a non-leather boot.
>>
>>11053486
I do, you're saying that this isn't the place to go, but I figured its worth a shot as I'm out fo ideas and every place I turn is blog-spam. The thread will probably just die and thatll be that
>>
Why not get some second-hand leather boots? You won't be directly contributing to the leather industry that way and you'll also have a quality product. I guess the main issue there is autists who will try to poke holes in your veganism by pointing out that you're wearing animals products, though.
>>
>>11053409
http://www.vegetarian-shoes.co.uk most of it is trash but they do some good fake doc's that I saw someone wearing the other day and they actually looked nicer than regular DM boots. vegan leather is usually horrible. What's your stance on 2nd hand leather? as in someone else has already paid for the slaughter of the animal that went towards making the garment, so your hands are clean in you're buying it from a vintage shop, say. Would you rather that animal died for nothing and the boots be destroyed? or would you wear them? If you would, this is the route I would pursue.
>>
>>11053409
Just go barefoot, dude
Also, where can I get vegan condoms online? no stores sell it in europe
>>
>>11053409
i just got some vegan dr marten 1461. just a warning: they cut your feet to shit.
>>
File: download (1).jpg (4KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
4KB, 275x183px
>>11053409
Mooshoes is the goat for veg footware
>>
>>11053503
>>11053506
I have size 14 feet so thrifting is pretty much out of the question.
A couple other less significant reasons:I don't really feel all that great about promoting leather in general. second hand stores sell it because it gets purchased

>>11053544
I keep coming back to mooshoes, guess I'll just buy something there and try it out. Thanks
>>
>>11053427
if not bait, to reduce suffering.

if bait, what's the point in questioning why someone else chooses to live their life in a certain way.
>>
Housemate has vegan doc martens
>>
On mobile so I'm not gonna link a ton of shit, but vegetarian shoes.uk or whatever has a lot of shoes. Doc Martens make vegan 1460/1s. The 2nd gen Nike SFBs have no leather on them (1st Gen had leather heel loop iirc), but not sure about the glue they use in the soles. Brave gentleman, though awfully named, make some good dress shoes. A lot of it is menswear but they have some nice stuff like Chelsea boots. There's a pair of ankle high white vans I have that are vegan too, but I forget what exactly the model of them is. Just grabbed a pair of dress shoes from a website that was like "vegan chic" or something.

Look for Italian microfiber if you're looking for leather substitutes, that shit is the bomb, feels great and has held up well for me.
>>
>>11053517
Sir Richards maybe? I buy Glyde but not sure if they're available in Europe
>>
I bought some boots from wills vegan shoes like 1 month ago, I haven't wore then that much (only like 1 day or 2 a week), they're nice.you can buy from a small handmade boot maker too, they usually can get vegan leather of any color you want.
>>
>>11053409
any decent alternatives to leather jackets?
>>
>>11053409
>Not trying to stir the pot
>VEGAN GENERAL
>HEY GUYS, VEGAN HERE!
>WHERE MY VEGANS AT?

Eat a sausage.
>>
>>11053797
I haven't bought anything from them but straight to hell makes vegan leather jackets, I think they look nice.
>>
>>11053684
Life is suffering no matter what species you are.

And 99% of the animals we kill for food consumption are fucking stupid anyway, so fuck em'.
>>
>>11053810
You're right, we should have more shitposting and "damn Daniel" threads instead of creating a thread that wasn't relevant to you.

We're sorry we made you upset by excluding you, we promise never to do it again.
>>
>>11053817
>Life is suffering no matter what, so no point in reducing it

You realize how stupid of a conclusion that is? Like, we get it, you don't agree with veganism, but don't try arguing against it unless you can back it up dawg
>>
>>11053817
What about the environment? I care about the environment so I don't buy animal products. Oh, life is suffering but who likes suffering? I try to reduce suffering, I know I won't remove all suffering from this planet. btw, your comments are useless because you'll never convince a vegan to go back to an omni life. I know we won't convince you to go vegan either so contribute to the thread or gtfo.

Does anyone know where to get some decent vegan belts?
>>
>>11053827
I got a few off amazon. Vegan collection had a nice brown one, nothing too special, but simple enough. Also got like a military one.

If you Google it and have like $100 lying around you can get a sick looking cork one from somewhere or a nice one from brave gentleman but I don't have that cash on hand
>>
>>11053827
You do realise that most of the animals that we kill for food harm the environment themselves, right?

Deer are overabundant and wreak havoc on the environment.
Several fish species are invasive.
Wild pigs wallowing disturbs water infiltration and nutrient cycling. Their wallowing also spread invasive plant species.
>>
>>11053827
Oh, and if you really cared about the environment, you wouldn't be looking for a fake leather belt that's made out of plastics, which is what 99% of faux leathers are made up of.
>>
>>11053827
>reduce suffering
>buying belts made in china in a sweatshop
>>
>>11053814
thank you anon
>>
>>11053842
I know, but it is obvious that mass produced cows and pings harm more than stupid wild deers, fish and wild pigs combined.

>>11053849
I just asked that question because I don't want to waste posts on replying shitposters, I want to contribute to the thread, btw the chemicals used to tan leather are way worse than plastic, and some fake leather (the kind I try to buy) is not very chemically reactive so it damages the environment less than plastic... did I say some fake leather can be recycled?
>>
>>11053855
Hey, I'm not that stupid. I try to look for ethically sourced clothes, If you look for vegan clothing it is usually made in a country with decent work laws.
>>
>>11053855
You can buy vegan belts not made in China bruh. I got one that was made in America because it's a military belt and rednecks love that shit, and as soon as I get more cash from work I'm getting a made in Portugal Italian microfiber one.

Also, you're misinterpreting "reduce" as "eliminate". Leather belts can also be made in shifty conditions. The difference here, what's actually vegan, is that a cow isn't also involved.
>>
>>11053877
Mate, you have a good heart, but most of that 'ethically sourced' crap is a bunch of bs so they can charge you more. Thrifting is your best bet.
>>
>>11053854
Are you trying to argue that the production of synthetic belts are a more significant detriment to the environment than animal agriculture. Because if so, you're wrong.

Also, environmentalism is more than just "plastic=bad", but you're failing to take into account the affect the production of leather has on the environment. I can't tell you which is worse, but raising a cow and treating leather are also pretty harmful.
>>
>>11053889
No, I know where to buy my clothes, most of the clothes I buy are handmade by local families or are designer clothes.
>>
>>11053889
>>11053900
forgot to add, I don't buy clothes with a big "ETHICALLY SOURCED" tag on it, I just buy clothes made in countries with decent working conditions, I almost never buy clothes marketed to vegans, I just buy clothes that happen to not have animal products on it.
>>
>>11053894
Considering plastic is an oil-derived product, plastic is far worse.
>>
>>11053974
Do they treat leather with happy plant juice? and not every oil derived product is that bad.
>>
>>11053823
Life is suffering no matter what, and there is nothing you can do to actually reduce the suffering, there's only things you can do to delude yourself.
>>
>>11053427
A vegan diet isn't even that much better
>>
>>11053985
I'm vegan and he's right, it's easier to be unhealthy as a vegan because you're kinda limited, but if you pay attention on what you need and what you it there should not be a problem.
>>
>>11053983
Except nobody is shipping post-tanning process chemicals across the ocean.

So again, if you were morally consistent, you would abstain from every product that has a severe impact on the environment, not just ones that involve animals so you can fellate yourself for some psuedo-moral horseshit.
>>
>>11054004
I'm lazy but not as lazy as you, I never said I was 100% vegan, I never said I never cause harm to anything. I'm just trying to reduce the pain and other bad things. Ond leather treatment chemicals are drained into the water so eventually they end in the ocean. Can you go shitpost somewhere else? you won't change my mind so contribute to the thread or go to another thread you can actually contribute.
>>
>>11054013
>leather treatment chemicals are drained into the water so eventually they end in the ocean

In shitty countries, yeah.

In most developed nations, tanneries are forced to have onsite wastewater treatment.
>>
>>11054029
OR they have it hauled off by a company that, if they're not Huckleberry McRedneck, will properly dispose of it.
>>
>>11053900
>handmade by local families or are designer clothes.
veganism is the domain of the privileged
>>
I was excited when I saw this thread, I want nice vegan boots. but of course meat eaters have to make this into a moral debate. can't we just have one thread in the catalog?
>>
>>11054867
desu more tolerant than i thought it'd be
im not vegan but w.e floats ur boat man

shoes /w pottery makes good canvas shoes apparently and they do have high tops
>>
>>11054105
And? Shouldn't the privileged be the ones trying to make a change for the better considering they have the capability to do so?

I'm not going to approach a single mother of five and shit-talk her for not being vegan, and I'd like to think the same of other vegans (which is unfortunately probably not the case).
>>
File: give_leo_an_oscar.jpg (24KB, 600x297px) Image search: [Google]
give_leo_an_oscar.jpg
24KB, 600x297px
>>11053409
>vegan
AHHHHHHREEEEEEEE
>>
>>11054867
>Meat eaters had to make it a moral debate
>First comment that brings up a "moral" point was posted by a vegan.
>>
Stella McCartney is presenting her first mens collection this summer, I'm staying tuned for that.

In the meantime I have several leather shoes left over that I bought before going vegan, so I'm gonna wear those until they die. After that perhaps will try out either brave gentleman or mooshoes, and probably vegan docs.

Otherwise yeah, I've been thinking about this quite a lot. You can't be 100% certain that producing faux/pleather/future leather stuff impacts the evnironment less in terms their manufacturing, how long they last, how often you have to buy them and so on.
>>
>>11053871
just look at australia and you'll see that you're wrong
>>
>>11054932
I'm going to buy the white tops, I think they're not dyed and they're mostly made of cotton so it doesn't damage the environment that much, oh! and they're made in japan.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.