[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Business Casual

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: business_casual_men3.jpg (33KB, 679x384px) Image search: [Google]
business_casual_men3.jpg
33KB, 679x384px
What's up /fa/

I'm looking for advice on an outfit, I am attending an event and the dress code is business casual. I only really wear jeans and button up shirts. I have a pair of boots I think would go well, I was thinking something like pic related. Thanks everyone, if there is a guide or sticky that refers to this let me know.
>>
>>11006705
Who do you want to meet at the event?
If you just want to 'fit in', throw in a tie and you'll be good, if you want to look sharp a suit would be much better.
If you'll be there for the event per se and not to meet people, don't buy a suit in a hurry, it's not worth it.
>>
Ah, I should have been more specific. It's a student research conference, I will be a moderator for the presenters. Just want to look sharp really as I go around watching presentations but I'll mostly be moderating/talking with other students.
Thanks!

You think a sweater + dress shirt would look fine even though we'll be indoors?
>>
>>11007557
You don't need to wear a sweater if it means you'll be hot. Business casual just means you don't have to wear a tie or a jacket. You can wear a tie OR a jacket, but dress up too much and you'll stick out in a bad way. Keep colors and patterns more casual and make sure the fit is good and you'll be set.

I've been in a business casual company for four years now as a wageslave, so most of my wardrobe is business casual.
>>
File: 1453764124670.jpg (53KB, 428x750px) Image search: [Google]
1453764124670.jpg
53KB, 428x750px
>>
>>11007557
How do students dress at your uni?
If you can, a jacket would look better than a tie, and still make you stand out and look professional.
>>
>>11007557
I personally love V-neck sweaters; If you can find a light material, or cream colored sweater vest, wear that with a white collared shirt, and some khakis and walnut dress shoes, or medium grey dress pants and black dress shoes, you'll be golden.
>>
>>11009154
*and maybe a red tie, too just to stand out a little more
>>
>>11009156
Hate bright red ties though. Muted red and dark red is where it's at.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.