[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need help. I guess this place is as good as any.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: iu[1].jpg (2MB, 4500x5184px) Image search: [Google]
iu[1].jpg
2MB, 4500x5184px
So it seems I carry myself so poorly that people are actually trying to donate clothing to me as if I'm homeless. I was out today alone (as you do when you have no friends) and a gentleman gave me his number and told me he'd help me out and purchase some new shoes for me.

Now, I wear shoes until they no longer function as shoes (My old flip flops got thrown out after I wore through the soles to the point that my bare feet were on the ground) so I never really pay much mind, or to getting dressed in general.

What's the "I'm not homeless" starter pack?
>>
>>10983577
Buy some oxford button down shirts, some indigo jeans, and some clark's desert boots

Flipflops should never be worn outside the beach or pool
>>
maybe he was religious
a few yeasr ago some superchristian guy gave me his business card cuz he thought i was homeless and said i could get a lot of free shit through his church if i needed anything
just wear whatever you want those people are vermin
>>
>>10983577
What climate do you live in?
Shirt, pants, shoes are pretty universal, but the details would change from tropics to arctics.
>>
are you poor?
>>
>>10983626
I wasn't wearing them when I was out, though I wear 'em on campus since I usually go swimming after class.

>>10983647
mid-Southern US.

>>10983634
I think he was. I was just sort of caught offguard by it.
>>
>>10983654
>>10983654
Well, yes. I'm 20 and due to a story that's too long for anybody to want to read if I typed it out, I can't afford school or to move out of the house, even with my job.

But I live with parents that make ~120,000 a year, so I'm personally poor but not situationally.
>>
>>10983661
Buy solid colored t-shirts/a zip hoodie from H&M, some Levis 513s or 501s depending on your build, and some Vans Authentics/Converse. You won't look great or fashionable but you will look completely normal and inoffensive.
>>
>>10983661
>>10983661
borrow some money from your parents for clothes
jeez

im too lazy to type so i'll just give you a short list of basics you can get.

with 400-500 you could get a reasonable basic wardrobe at any fast-fashion store such as H&M, Uniqlo, Zara, 21Men, etc.

pants & jeans (skinny and slim are the way to go)
-2 pairs of black jeans
1- pair of grey jeans
-1 pair of indigo jeans
1- pair of blue jeans
1- pair of chinos (avoid mustard colored ones, they look gross)

shirts:
-3 plain black tees & 3 plain white tees
-get colored tees (navy, dark green, wine, etc)
- get some long slevee shirts like plaid shirts, denim shirts, etc

shoes:
dr marten 1461
all black converse
white adidas stan smith

there u go
>>
>>10983688
I can't really borrow any money from them, though I can just save up $500.

>>10983683
Completely normal and inoffensive sounds good; I like being able to just hide in plain sight.
>>
>>10983688
go for this
>>
>>10983700
Thanks for the insight, anons. You guys aren't half bad.
>>
>>10983655
>mid-Southern US.
so, hot as balls and dry year round?
>>
>>10984077
Haha, it actually gets cold around Jan-Mar.

And the hot days here are humid as hell. I mean, to the point that it feels like you're sweating the second you get outside during the summer. Days can break a hundred and nights are clammy and in the 80's.
>>
>>10983688
>6 pants
>6+ tees
>3 pairs of shoes
don't have him buy all that stuff at once, or he'll buy a lot of stuff he doesn't like.

2 pants and 4 shirts should be enough to tide him over.

>>10984084
>that's as many as 40 celsius, and that's terrible
fuck everything, buy 4 linen button ups, long sleeve, in white/off white colors to reflect most of the sun, and 2 cotton/linen mix pants, cuff those and wear with sandals or canvas shoes.

can you even wear jeans or shoes in that kind of heat?
and when it gets 'cold'... how cold are we talking about?
>>
>>10984103
and when it gets 'cold'... how cold are we talking about?

Winters are generally in the 40's with spells into the 20's and teens.

Every few years, it'll snap into sub-zero temps briefly.
>>
>>10984159
you'll need a sweater or hoody of some kind and a coat over the shirts, at those temps.

but the smart thing to do is to start at the bottom, and go up.
how are you with shoes? at 40 degs you could rock some boots.
>>
>>10984103
>>10984212
Not OP, but you can work with jeans, cotton, and boots even in the peak of summers hitting 100°+. Ever been to TX or AZ? Just have to be acclimated, and it's not even bad.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.