[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we take a moment to talk about Supreme?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: Supreme 500k.jpg (54KB, 670x450px) Image search: [Google]
Supreme 500k.jpg
54KB, 670x450px
I don't understand all of the love this brand gets in the world of streetwear.

Their in-house stuff is just bland, generic box logo shit stitched on to a Hanes or Gildan tee that couldn't have costed more than ten dollars to construct.

Some of their collaborations are the same bland, repetitive bullshit with the obnoxious branding of that box logo forcibly slapped on the product in one way or another.

Some of the collabs are stupid as fuck and don't even make sense. Supreme Doc Martens? Just the company slapped onto a pair of ordinary 1460 with an absurd resale price attached to it.

Everything they've done or are attempting to do, literally just about every other streetwear brand has done better.

Palace has better original shit with more tolerable branding attached to it.

Stussy's culture and what it did for streetwear will always be more rich and relevant than Supreme's.

Mishka collaborations while not always great, feel more genuine and less forced than almost everything supreme has done because they are usually intertwined with their own interests and not trying to push nostalgia. Big Black, Death In June, Yung Lean Collabs? Xavier Wulf?

And it's not like most of the people still rocking Preme are Odd Future dickriders, because OF has since fallen off. So why hasn't hype died down and why has it maintained relevance at all?
>>
You're a faggot
>>
>>10981555
>>
>>10981527
who cares
>>
>>10981527
The quality on supreme tees is actually really good for the (retail) price. You are wrong in claiming that they are of similar quality to Hanes/Gildan.
>>
>>10981571
I do, that's why I asked you fucking retard.

>>10981555
How's the 7th grade treating you, anon?

>>10981581
I guess that's an unfair assessment, the store price is actually pretty reasonable at times. I don't really understand how resells jack up the prices to three times that amount though.
>>
>>10981527
Why are we making this thread again?
I think it is common knowledge now that they are hit and miss when it comes to collaborations. Once in a blue moon they will make a nice piece that isn't covered with brand logos and actually looks good in a multitude of different fits.

Why do you feel the need to make this thread again though?
>>
>>10981682
who cares besides you.
>>
Guaranteed you're only saying this because you can't cop a BOGO piece
>>
>>10981682
>I don't really understand how resells jack up the prices to three times that amount though.

It's just that the pieces are hard to get, basic supply and demand really. Supreme never reissues pieces, so you really only have one chance of getting what you want. If you miss that chance, you are forced to pay big $$$ because the resellers know that there people willing to. However, >>10981990 is totally right, Supreme is very hit and miss. It's these 'nice pieces' that offer the greatest resale value, so it becomes that much harder to get when so many of the people buying at retail are doing so to flip them.

Of course, a lot of the streetwear kids that like supreme buy a lot of the shitty pieces, so even those retain some resale value.
>>
>>10982387

imo most of the crappy resell stuff just sits for months and months.
>>
supreme sometimes can sometimes come up with some amazing pieces but their logo stuff is pretty garbage. nothing in comparison to brands to undercover or cav empt tho
>>
>>10982422
>>10981581
agreed, supreme basic pieces are nice, i have some shirts, a pair of jeans and a jacket i love, lucky enough to live near the LA store to buy retail.
>>
Lol OP mad go wank one off
>>
File: 1.jpg (58KB, 744x509px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
58KB, 744x509px
>>1098199
you mean this
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.