[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thifting or Cheap-ass Effay

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: thrift find 1.jpg (1MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
thrift find 1.jpg
1MB, 3024x4032px
Can we get a poorfag thread going?
>not necessarily poor I just like to shop at thrift stores
>like looking around and hunting for clothes
>Pic related. I found it at a thrift store, it is Ralph Lauren Polo and I haven't seen another shirt from Ralph Lauren like it
>>
looks like something somebody would buy only because it says "polo" on the label
>>
>>10974907
ye, its kinda fkn ugly
>>
>>10974907
well it was $4 and I thought it was cool :/
>>
You do you man. Thrifting doesn't have to look good, I say fuck fashion when I thrift, I buy fits that I like and that's about it.
>>
thrifting is the only fun part of fashion imo. It removes the pay to win element, and the low prices mean that you can be frivolous with your purchases and experiment.
>>
>>10974890
It's awesome! Good cop
>>
>>10975059
This.
>>10974947
4$? It looks cozy af but still relaxed. You did good.
>>
>>10975059
I totally agree with you on that. I also enjoy bragging about what I've found. When I find something that someone thinks is cool they always enjoy it even more after I tell them I've thrifted it. It's like a trophy of my efforts
>>
>>10974890
its fake btw
>>
File: IMG_20160214_165716.jpg (850KB, 2381x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160214_165716.jpg
850KB, 2381x1836px
>>10974890
I like it.

Got this weird thing off ebay recently for five britbong
>>
>>10976414
This is a really interesting piece. You got any fit pics with it? I'm curious how it looks in an outfit.
>>
>>10974907
id thrift anything that said "polo" just for the quality of fabric
>>
>>10976430
id thrift anything that looked good regardless of the brand but thats just me f a m
>>
>>10976424
No, sorry. I tend to wear it with a long sleeved blue and white striped tee or this weird grey turtleneck tee I got given by my friend in Paris, think it works pretty gud
>>
Thifting is a fucking joke. Being 5'9 tall and relatively skinny, I never find fitting pieces, only XXL shirts.
>>
I live within walking distance of about five charity shops but I barely ever see something I want. I go to one of them for cheap ties though which is handy.
>>
>>10976469
There are so many charity shops in my town but it's pretty rare there's anything good in, most of my second-hand stuff comes from the Internet and the occasional trip to London. Also it's often cheaper to buy old stuff online than in charity ships, peversely
>>
>>10976488
Mate I live in London but where I am is shitty enough that it's basically just old people's weird shirts and jumpers from 1967. Got a nice coat once though. I need to go on the Internet more for stuff, do you just use eBay?
>>
>>10976430
>just for the quality of fabric
you realize polo is a diffusion line brand and the shit they sell isn't actually very good quality but you're supposed to think that because it has ralphs name attached to it when the actual good ralph shit is purple label right
>>
bought a cream jacket i wear under a different jacket from a charity shop not long ago
>>
>>10976600
Go Brick Lane area, Blitz is really good for vintage stuff and you'll get similar prices to what you'll get on ebay often. I rarely use ebay, I look through fb pages and find links to bigcartel sites that sell old stuff for really low prices, http://www.thevintageclearance.com are pretty good tho when they restock the really good stuff tends to go in minutes
>>
>>10976465
As a 6'2" big man I'd happily trade thrift stores with you since all I ever find is Sm/Med
>>
>>10976615
Thanks for the info, I'll have a look at that stuff.
>>
File: IMG_8714.jpg (174KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8714.jpg
174KB, 640x1136px
i wear this beige jacket as an underjacket
>>
>>10976764
oh yeah it cost me £6
>>
File: thrift1.jpg (114KB, 551x1122px) Image search: [Google]
thrift1.jpg
114KB, 551x1122px
should I cop this (maybe for palewave fits)? Collar's kinda big though.
>>
>>10978454
oh shit, should've specified that I meant the jacket
>>
>>10978454
nah, collar and sleeves both too big for you
>>
Just copped a Vivienne Westwood tee for $38 and I looked up the original cost and it was like $250 originally
:^)
>>
>>10976607
If you look at the label, it says made in USA which means its older and its not an imported lower-quality shirt. Its from a time where everyone wasn't trying to outsource to cheaper and cheaper sources
>>
A few weeks ago I bought an Alfred Sung dress for ten bucks at thrift store, turns out the model is discontinued and it's worth like 200$. I'm a dude, but I like dressing up as a girl in private once in a while so I'm on the fence about selling it.

Otherwise haven't found any name brands, just quality fabrics. Leather, marino wool, silk, cashmere, etc. gotta know what to look for!
>>
>>10978454
honestly i think that's a really nice fit, the sleeve size is a little big but you could always tailor it?
>>
>>10978631
Gay
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.