[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /fa/ I really like most of the outfits that get posted here,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: CDG.jpg (365KB, 1600x1202px) Image search: [Google]
CDG.jpg
365KB, 1600x1202px
Hey /fa/
I really like most of the outfits that get posted here, but one thing I've never been able to develop a taste for is runway fashion

Am I looking at of wrong? Should I see it as more of an artistic expression then an outfit?

What am I missing?
>>
You answered it yourself. Runway is not meant to be worn irl but are exaggerated pieces that often reflect what features or themes you may find in the ready to wear collection.

Although, only the really old fashion houses do this (couture is the term). Many houses are featuring ready to wear but ofc, will play around with it to make it a show
>>
To add onto the previous poster, Lemaire usually makes stuff that can be worn in real life in their runway shows.
>>
>>10946864
This is a good post.

It's the same reason why you don't see much avant garde art on /wg/ - what people like on a sort of practical/everyday basis is not what runway shows aim for.
>>
>>10946864
>>10948060
this is not a good post

you are meant to wear those clothes in real life
why would a designer make clothes if they didn't make them to be worn?

you posted a picture from comme des garcons homme plus and the reason you don't enjoy the runway is because you lack the frame of reference to properly appreciate it

in cdg's case learning about rei kawukabo's design philosophy is a pretty good starting point
understand why designers are creating what they're creating what are they trying to say and project with their clothes.

take Stephan Schneider for example he is trying to make "friendly" clothes and when you look at his clothes it is very obvious to see that

find out why a designer is creating and then look at their work to see if their philosophy is in their clothes this might help you appreciate fashion more

and yes it's an artistic expression a snapshot of where the designer is at
>>10946864
there are runways for ready to wear
op's picture is a ready to wear collection
you are meant to wear those clothes
>>
>>10946056
i think runway fits are all about creating a caricature. You might not like the outfit, but you can appreciate the caricature
>>
>>10948117
>and the reason you don't enjoy the runway is because you lack the frame of reference to properly appreciate it

Or maybe he just thinks it looks like shit regardless of his 'frame of reference'. I get what you mean, but that doesn't mean that just because you know what the designer is aiming for that you'll suddenly start liking/appreciating it.
>>
>>10946056
how to understand Comme des Garcons ss16 ? I mean for real is here even one fag on this board how really has a clue about couture? Im genuinly interested in this stuf so... ?
>>
>>10948144
SZ forums is a decent starting point
>>10948140
he's not saying it's shit he's saying he doesn't get it and can't appreciate it
>>
>>10948144
also read the vogue writeup on the season
>>
>>10948144
this is not a fucking couture collection ,you assclown. You can buy all of these things in a store.

How can anyone discuss fashion on this board if people don't even know the difference between ready-to-wear and couture?
>>
File: Comme.jpg (430KB, 948x632px) Image search: [Google]
Comme.jpg
430KB, 948x632px
>>10949681
ready to wear my ass
>>
>>10949779
you can buy that in the store in tokyo. it's on a rag in the store. they posted it on instagram recently.
>>
>>10946056
Oh I loved this show, mostly because the one guy in the audience losing his shit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQq4XOYy0Cs

seriously, skip to 8:08, it's beautiful
>>
>>10946056
If you can't get into runaway styling try to imagine the pieces on themselves and how they could work
Lot of times designers style their stuff on runaways in a way that exaggerates and focuses on the idea and theme of that particular show, good example would be Rick's newest Mastodon. The show really communicated the idea well thanks to the styling but you probably won't see people posting 1:1 fits from the runaway shows anywhere. Instead people take the idea and concepts introduced and work them to their wardrobe by getting the pieces they like from that collection.
>>
>>10948117
This is not a good post
>you are meant to wear those clothes in real life
why would a designer make clothes if they didn't make them to be worn?

This is wrong, the designers dont focus on selling most of the clothes on the runways. Its a form of art, they show what the designer brand is capable of and the ready to wear section are more focused on money
>>
>>10950241
>This is wrong, the designers dont focus on selling most of the clothes on the runways. Its a form of art, they show what the designer brand is capable of and the ready to wear section are more focused on money
But most shows from fashion weeks are ready to wear collections
Very rarely do I see people posting or discussing haute couture here.
>>
>>10950241
THIS IS READY TO WEAR

jesus christ. There are like 15 labels doing fucking couture. The rest is ready to wear. Of course not everything gets produced and the styling on the runway is more extreme, but if you walk into a CDG boutique you will find this stuff and you can buy it.
>>
Most runway shoes have a central idea they are pushing and appreciating the runway show is appreciating how well executed the central idea is. In order to identify this central idea, ask yourself:
- What repeats in the clothes?
- What are contrasting in the clothes?
- What are the anomalies (polar opposite of what repeats) in the clothes?
- What pieces strike me the most?
Answer these questions and give a proper in-depth explanation for why. This allows you to go beyond the "I like X because I find it cool" common in most fashion forums. Most major publications employ something similar.

Then, ask yourself - how unified are the pieces and ideas the designer presents in the show? If you see something that doesn't do anything to push the central idea, it may be unnecessary (unless being unnecessary is the central theme). If you see no central idea, it may be cluterred and as a result not be good (unless being cluterred is their central theme). Explanation and . Be sure to be part of conversations surrounding the show to exchange ideas so people can show you if they think youre right or wrong.

Finally, this is not the law when it comes to appreciating runway shows but just a good jumping off point.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.