[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there men's pants that aren't jeans, dress pants

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 1412489533062.jpg (23KB, 203x241px) Image search: [Google]
1412489533062.jpg
23KB, 203x241px
Are there men's pants that aren't jeans, dress pants or sweatpants and where can I buy them?
>>
chinos? corduroys?
>>
>>10942079
Aren't those just dress pants made of different fabric?
>>
>>10942097
No not really. Dress pants are more formal, usually being made of finer fabrics and most always with a crease in the center.
>>
>>10942145
Is there any way I could find pants based on the pattern, regardless of the fabric?
>>
>>10942198

you could probably just google it if you know the name of the pattern.
>>
>>10942214
I don't know the name of any pattern, or have a particular pattern in mind. I just want something lightweight, comfortable & casual like sweat pants with 2-4 pockets, belt loops & no elastic, like dress pants.
>>
>>10942256
So, like, linen pants?
>>
File: 898096.jpg (33KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
898096.jpg
33KB, 640x480px
>>10942374
>Whoa, whoa, my rope came loose.
But i'll admit, they do look comfy.
>>
>>10942405
they don't necessarily need to have a drawstring waist, but linen pants are the shit - rumpled, soft, casual, airy, and light

if you can somehow find heavyweight linen they'll be slightly less airy but they'll be flowy and comfy as shit
>>
>>10942460
Is there an alternative that doesn't rumple?
>>
>>10942477
rumpling is a core tenet of linen and comes with the territory (those that wear linen learn to love it, similar to the fading raw denim takes over time) - but hemp and cotton provide okay alternatives even though they're inferior as a material in many other ways

cotton duck canvas is probably what you want for the winter though as it's pretty heavy duty
>>
>>10942482
I've got 100% polyester work uniform pants that don't look or feel fantastic, but I like the way they look & behave as a fabric.
>>
>>10942495
Polyester is shit to wear, even if it does have benefits like its drape and strength. It doesn't breathe that well and it behaves like a plastic bag. Personal experience with them is that polyester anything creates pimples because the sweat can't escape.

A bit of a tangent here, but if you manage to catch polyester clothes on fire or get them exposed to heat somehow, they'll melt onto your skin and cause far more damage than natural fibres. I think the US military has banned UnderArmor undershirts for this reason, because they melt into the wound and make things harder to clean in the warzone.
>>
>>10942502
>Polyester is shit to wear, even if it does have benefits like its drape and strength.
Not denying that, I was just saying I prefer it's drape to rumpling "a core tenet of linen" or the fading of raw denim (which I also don't like).

>It doesn't breathe that well and it behaves like a plastic bag. Personal experience with them is that polyester anything creates pimples because the sweat can't escape.
I can't say I've had a problem with that, but I'm just looking for comfort without being as sloppy as sweatpants. I just like the way polyester drapes.
>>
>>10942374
W2c decent linen pants? preferably somewhat slim ones.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.