[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

opinions on branding

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: c167SeS.jpg (993KB, 3348x2142px) Image search: [Google]
c167SeS.jpg
993KB, 3348x2142px
whats everyones opinions on >branding, in outfits. a lot of people here seem to hate on it but i think if you remove the branding from an outfit and it still looks good, its fine. but if you rely on it to make or break an outfit you need to stop. pic as example
>>
>>10923815
If an article of clothing looks good, it looks good, regardless of the brand. I don't care about branding but some brands tend to be more reliable than others. I own a lot of Mishka because I really like the occult graphics on most of their clothing.
In the end it all comes down to what you wear and what appeals to you.
>>
>>10923815
Branding is for dumbasses who are happy to advertise for free for no reason other than because they buy that brand and want other people to know that they buy that brand.
>>
File: Helmut bomber c. 2002.jpg (478KB, 1280x1707px) Image search: [Google]
Helmut bomber c. 2002.jpg
478KB, 1280x1707px
Branding can work if done correctly. That Supreme jacket, for instance, is riffing on the iconic American baseball jacket that the coaches wear. The real ones have the team name in big block letters. Skate clothing is all about branding both for the coolness factor among other skaters and so that if you get sponsored by a brand, you basically become a walking advertisement for them.

I don't really like obvious branding, but I love certain details that are particular to a designer and subtly clue you in to the brand/label. Helmut Lang was particularly adept at this. His clothing was generally quite minimalist, but with signature details like elbow slashes and 'bondage' straps. You didn't need a big label on the piece to know instantly that it was Lang.
>>
>>10923866
Mishka for occult graphics

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHHa
>>
>>10923815
branding is only good if it is unnoticeable or adds to the aesthetic of the piece
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.