[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it stupid to buy a 5 dollar knock off of 300 dollar shit if

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: image.png (336KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
336KB, 640x1136px
Is it stupid to buy a 5 dollar knock off of 300 dollar shit if it looks the same? I honestly think it's stupid as fuck to spend that kind of money on shit unless you're already rich I just like the way this belt looks but I feel like if I wear it I'm going to either get shit or sad looks

Honestly how tacky is this
>>
>>10922312
Okay I already know it's stupid as fuck but I mean for like someone in high school/fresh out
>>
>>10922312
>Is it stupid to buy a 5 dollar knock off of 300 dollar shit if it looks the same?
though youre paying for the name too, its $300 because its made of decent materials that wont fall apart the first time you wear it

> but I feel like if I wear it I'm going to either get shit or sad looks
dress how you want the world to see you, strangers dont care what you wear

>Honestly how tacky is this
its the definition of tacky
>>
>>10922312
belt costs more like ~$1000
you will look tacky, but worse; fake tacky
>>
>>10922366
What's the point of average people buying the expensive version when everyone knows you're going broke over it
>>
>>10922379
Depends on your surrounding culture. If you live in an area where hip hop is the influence, you have your answer. People will go broke over a belt to prove they aren't broke because I dunno. People are stupid.
>>
That belt is a lot more than 300$ OP, it will look like shitty garbage if you buy a fake. I'd rather you buy a real belt from walmart than a fake Hermes belt.
>>
>>10922379
That's the thing: there is no point. It's a sign of wealth; it's high end luxury. It's partly priced so high that it can be labelled as such.

If this belt wasn't luxurious the average person wouldn't yearn for it; it's a fucking tacky big gold H for goodness sakes. That being said, the average person is tricked into thinking that by buying this they are lifting their status symbol up, or that they are buying into the wealthy "lifestyle."

Let the wealthy spend their money on stupid wealth symbols; don't be a plebeian by wanting what the wealthy can have just because you want to be seen as such too.
>>
>>10922408
Well how can I dress like that without spending the money? Like similar fashion just cheaper brands. I don't really hear any brands thrown out there besides Ralph Lauren and Louis and gucci
>>
>>10922417
I just want shit that looks cool I don't really care about brands too much it's just the expensive shit is all I can find
>>
It will look cheap and likely fall apart within a month or two
Also, Hermes belts look disgusting anyway
>>
>>10922332
for five dollars the qualitty is going to be pure shit, for like 20-30 you can get one thats on par with the actual thing, those belts are made to pump money out of new money peeps anyway, i consider anyone who owns one a retard, be it fake or real, cant decide wich one is worse
>>
>>10922547
Yeah this fake shit is gay what the hell brands should I get if I just want it to look cool I don't care who's name is on it
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.