[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is possible to be physically attractive but not photogenic? I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: 22890_ROCCO-AND-HIS-BROTHERS.jpg (72KB, 750x577px) Image search: [Google]
22890_ROCCO-AND-HIS-BROTHERS.jpg
72KB, 750x577px
Is possible to be physically attractive but not photogenic? I'm told I'm good looking, but I see myself in pictures and think, "eh, not so much."

Alain Delon always /fa/ related
>>
>>10907898
I have to say yes. I'm not the most attractive guy (~6/10), definitely an acquired taste as I do exclusively attract certain types, but every pic I take is a legit 1-4/10. Maybe I can get a 5-7/10 pic if a pose really hard, angle really well and take 20 identical pics and chose the best one.

Shit sucks, bruh.
>>
File: tFUL5BC.png (298KB, 2880x1569px) Image search: [Google]
tFUL5BC.png
298KB, 2880x1569px
People were so over-rated before internet gave you choice to see beyond 10 faces you see on movies/tv lol

average lean faced guy
>>
>>10908285
Also the farther I am from the camera the better, because close ups tend to warp my features into weird Neanderthal proportions, huge jaw or nose or lips or a combination. Fucking kill me.
>>
>>10907898
Yes. Photogenic people are usually not that attractive IRL. However on moving film you should be fairly close to real you.
>>
>>10908290
>lel it just werks
ebin troll xD
>>
try asking someone u know if you look different on those pictures... the usual problem is that you're not used too seeing yourself in those angles and you look weird in your eyes
>>
>>10908340

lol if you think instagram models today are not better than movie stars of 60's , must be retarded
>>
>>10908285

This desu, people always tell me I look like attractive people (River Pheonix was a fucking great one) but to me in pictures I look like shit most of the time. I think its because my skin is awful, but by the compliments and comparisons I can only assume that others are better able to look past it and see what I look like as a whole, whereas I can't see past my shit skin.

Dear Fuckin' Diary
>>
>>10908347
you're blind if you think young Alain Delon isn't fucking gorgeous
>>
>>10908432

lol instagram has thousands of of pretty-boy model faces / chad faced guys with great bodies too , don't be nostalgic for something you never lived lol
>>
File: 1453666057474.jpg (95KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
1453666057474.jpg
95KB, 650x650px
>>10908347
>instagram models
>>
This shit fucking sucks, even my ex girlfriend had the guts to tell me that it was so weird that I looked like shit in every pictcure but handsome in real life, I think it is because my huge nose, in real life my nose doesn't look that big, but in photos it looks huge. Also the color of my skin is white but in pics from some reason I always look tanned so I look like a jersey Shore faggot.
>>
I've been told by several people that I don't look good in photographs but I'm a solid 8/10 9/10 it's shitty
>>
It feels really good that I'm not the only one. It's definitely a source of anxiety for me. I mean I know that I'm attractive, but out of 50 pictures taken of me, only about 1-2 are going to actually look like how I look in the mirror. I just...don't look good in photographs. Being tagged is the fucking WORST. I try to avoid even looking at the pictures where I'm tagged in, because I'm invariably ugly in them. And then I get really sad again.
>>
DELULIONS ITT

if you are uggly in the photos . you are ugly IRL , lay down and rot
>>
I read somewhere that you look weird in photos because it's a 2 dimensional picture of yourself, whereas in person or in the mirror you're seeing yourself in 3 dimensions. I don't know if that's bullshit pseudo science or what, but it makes sense to me.
>>
>>10908624
this to be honest

sorry family
>>
>>10908624
it depends on what you mean by "photos"

phone cameras, in order to fit in such a small space, have a very short lense that looks distorted as its much shorter than the human eye's. so your face can look ugly on a phone camera or webcam, but look better in person.
>>
>>10908637

is it fixed when you do a mirror selfie ? as in taking a photo of mirror showing your face?
>>
>tfw neither attractive nor photogenic
I just want to be pretty, anons.
>>
>>10908630
That might contribute in part, but i don't imagine it would be that relevant of a factor unless you were photographed from a very large distance and with a huge zoom - which would essentially "flatten" your face. Otherwise, we are rather good at telling what the 3D object is supposed to be from a 2D picture.

I have, however, heard that finding yourself to look bad on photographs was a problem of mirroring. The image that we think of as us is the one that we see when we look in a mirror, pond, window, etc, and it's a mirrored image. And I'm sure you've noticed, we tend to find faces we are used to much more beautiful. (for example, we all have a friend that we found really ugly when we first met them, but now find okay)

Everyone has a relatively asymmetrical face, so all of the imperfections feel completely exaggerated when we look at a picture of ourselves in the "real" orientation.
>>
>>10908624
>>10908636
please explain why am i hopping from one girl to another. i had a steady girlfriend and 3 fuckbuddies(one was a guy) at the same time. im not rich and i'm slightly overweight.

i think i'm like 6-7 in real life, but 3-4 in photos.
>>
>>10908671
sluts don't have to be attractive, anon
>>
>>10908671
>3 fuckbuddies(one was a guy) at the same time
Sounds hot
>>
I had a GF once that looked stunning in pictures.

But in person she wasn't anything too special.
>>
>>10908692
unfortunately no orgies happened, i always juggled them. i made them feel precious so they would do some nasty things.
>>10908686
they have to be attractive, if they are male. 99% of men would have sex with an average girl if she just ask for it, yet the answer will probably be no if an average looking men asks to a woman.
>>
File: 18kxy5bbtul32jpg[1].jpg (50KB, 636x358px) Image search: [Google]
18kxy5bbtul32jpg[1].jpg
50KB, 636x358px
>>10908653
eh.... sort of.
the further away the subject is from the camera, the less apparent it will be.

I would just use or borrow a digital camera.
>>
>>10907898
yes
>>
>>10908671
>please explain why
>i'm not rich and i'm slightly overweight
some people are just desparate
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.