[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

modeling?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 2-fashion-model.jpg (484KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
2-fashion-model.jpg
484KB, 1920x1200px
I've been told many times that I should model, been complimented on my appearance etc., but I grew up ugly and at heart I've always been insecure. I did pursue it finally because I'm 20 which is getting a bit old for modeling. I went to an open call a reputable agency was hosting in my city. It went so fast, literally 3 minutes of introduction then they took a few photos of me. Two days go by and I have pretty much decided I bombed it and they didn't like my appearance. Then on Thursday I got an email from them inviting me to the team, with a contact and their policies.
They want me to start by getting a photoset with an expensive photographer (something I've never done). This starts at $200 and I don't have money to just toss around. I guess I'm worried it's gonna be a big investment with no return. Does anyone have experience with this? And just btw, the agency has had girls walk with Ralph Lauren; other clients include Calvin Klein, Kohl's, Carters. So not high fashion really but def not a scam-- and I'm female if that makes a difference
>>
that's typically how it goes , you pay for the photo sessions and they take care of the rest and start finding you work.

I'm with one of the biggest agencies in my city and the most I paid for my photos was like 150 bucks, and like 80 at another. then you just pay for your comp cards

Their clients kind of sound lame though, do they send people to fashion week? google the hell out of them and make sure that they're reputable.
>>
>>10900090
I live in the midwest so options are limited and yeah the clients who shoot in the area are lame. Their reviews say they're a good "mother agency" and have passed models along to sign with bigger agencies
>>
>>10900090
Did it take you a while to start getting bookings after you got your photos done? Do you have a big social media presence? Do you get paid pretty quickly after a booking? This agency told me 30-90 days and that sounds a bit long
>>
>>10900047
I'd like to get into modelling but I'm pretty oblivious to all of it. I get offers from time to time when I'm out and about but I always turn them down out of reflex. I live in Toronto, anyone know if there is someone I should contact?
>>
Where do you find these open calls? Or should I just mail photos to a couple agencies? Or should I get professional photos taken first?
>>
>>10900167
>Did it take you a while to start getting bookings after you got your photos done?

no, I think I had a casting withing the first 2 or 3 weeks and it's been pretty consistent since

>Do you have a big social media presence?

nope, it's just for fun. I'm not taking it seriously and don't really expect it to go anywhere. my proportions are too weird (broad shoulders), I just have an odd face. not much I can do except show up where they tell me to

all payment is very slow, that sounds right to me.

>>10900183

submit some photos to local agencies online, try to get some half-decent looking shots with a DSLR, don't pay someone though.
>>
>>10900207
I am a student so I have class on weekdays. I can skip here or there, but if I need to turn down a booking for an examor whatever, will my agency stop calling me?
>>
>>10900240
I've never had to turn anything down so I'm not speaking from experience but I don't think it looks good on you. All my castings so far have been in the morning or afternoon.

I don know that if you are actually confirmed for something, and you turn it down or don't show up, my agency charges you a huge fee (the pay they would have gotten plus some other crap) probably like that with other agencies as well
>>
>>10900265
Yeah my paperwork had a whole section about not turning down confirmed bookings.
Hmm, thanks for the info, this has been very helpful. If I tell them specific days (day in my case) I can't work, would that help?
>>
>>10900284
yeah I mean, most of their models are probably in school and have other jobs so they should be understanding
>>
>>10900207
>DSLR
I thought polaroids were the go-to
>>
>>10900296
Thanks! Sorry to keep swamping you with questions, but what was your first booking like? Did they tell you what to do, how to pose etc.?
>>
Here's a list of agencies considered good on models.com

http://models.com/agencies/Modeling
>>
>>10900657
damn
>>
>>10900090
uhhhhhhhhh no pal you don't ever pay for photo sessions?

okay here's what i know, i'm currently in paris working for ysl modeling the LA show

you never pay for photo sessions, they should be free if they like you, they're going to use those photos to get you jobs so why would you pay them for them? Maybe it's different in the US, i heard you guys get ripped to shit

>>10900240
No your agency work for you. I cancel fucking loads of shit, including a YSL campaign, they'll get mad but you pay their wages, they have no right, i don't fuck around with my professional modelling like i don't fuck around with my university, all the annoying as portfolio building shit can go fuck itself
>>
>>10900297
polaroids are the name of the photos, they're not acually polaroids anymore, they used to be but now they can print digital calling cards just as easy

>>10900182
yo i set a guy up in toronto with an agency, just told him to apply you'd be surprised who they'll take on they'll probably give anybody a shot, why not?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.