[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sticky is down arm Can someone tell me some brands of clothing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: image.gif (347KB, 360x240px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
347KB, 360x240px
Sticky is down arm
Can someone tell me some brands of clothing that are pretty cost efficient? I.e. I'm mostly spending for quality, not brand
I've heard of Everlane and Wings and Horns, but I'd like some variety as well. I'm looking mostly for hooded sweatshirts or crewneck sweaters.
Thanks for any and all help
>>
uniqlo
AS colour for basics and stuff
american apparel

thats about all i can think of off the top of my head
>>
>>10884437
Thanks for the reply! I'm guessing as is Acne Studios correct? If you have the time, would you mind telling me what item each brand is particularly known for?

Also what are some really cost efficient and comfortable shoes? I don't care much for look if the shoes are comfortable.
>>
>>10884430
that sticky is old and you would do well to stay away from it
>>
>>10884430
Just remember two concepts about buying clothes, anon. You get what you pay for and the principle of diminishing returns.

You shouldn't buy too much cheap shit unless you're just getting started and want to build a wardrobe and find your style. You also shouldn't spend too much money on pretentious designer clothes, because honestly? Nobody gives a shit outside of /fa/ if you paid 1000$ for some Rick Owens sneakers.

Uniqlo has great basics, but all their pants come in length 34 exclusivly. They offer free tailoring in their stores if you bought it there though. H&m / C&A and all that is fine quality wise too.
>>
>>10884437
This
You can and Continental clothing for Basics.

>>10884493
>H&M/c&a...
Quality is shit. You have to throw it away after 3 months and a few washes because the stuff loses it's Form, gets holes, starts peeling etc. Don't buy! Same with Zara.
>>
>>10884430

Winners man, you can cop good shit for cheap

Thrift store if you're patient. If you make it a habit to visit often you can get good finds
>>
>>10884513
>H&M quality is shit
Never understood this meme
They're fine as far as high street sellers go, better than most for basics
>>
>>10884493
What is c&a? And I would say my style is a t-shirt, jeans, and some trainers. I like outerwear though, quite a bit!
Mind telling me what you mean by diminishing returns? I'm not poor in any way, I guess I just want to get started and have about $1000 to just spend trying that. Most important is a nice hoodie and comfortable shoes as I'm on my feet a lot in cool weather. If there are brands where I can't go wrong with those and a specific pair of shoes, then you guys might have just changed my life.
>>
File: 20130224-203036.jpg (52KB, 1365x843px) Image search: [Google]
20130224-203036.jpg
52KB, 1365x843px
>>10884536
c&a is a clothing chain, usually found in Europe.

Diminishing returns means that the input (money) you put into something loses worth as you put more in. For example, a lot of people on budgets will buy a pair of jeans for 40$ and have good value out of them. But a levis jeans for 100$ would likely last much longer and have higher quality. Every dollar you spend "gets" you more, up until a point where you're spending 300$ for some jeans that will last just as long as jeans you spent 200$ for.

/biy/ can explain it better than I can. i.e. Keep your feet on the ground is all I'm saying
>>
>>10884550
Ahh that makes a lot of sense, when I see people buying $500 shirts I think to myself how good can the quality be? And that sounds like shopping smart as opposed to just buying nice clothing. I'm looking for shoes that are exactly how you described. Good for the price, probably willing to spend half a grand if they're comfortable too. If you know any versatile shoes like that, I would buy them in a heartbeat
>>
>>10884536
in this context diminishing returns means that once you pass a certain price point you get much less bang for your buck.
if you buy $10 tshirt its gonna suck.
if you buy a $50 one itll be ok.
if you buy a $200 one itll be awesome
but if you buy a $800 tshirt it probably wont feel like its worth $600 more than a $200 one
>>
Hey guys most of the brands have some nice basics, but Acne Studios has some strange looking models and I don't think the clothes would fit the same because I'm only 5'10"
>>
>>10884561
It is worth mentioning that price =\= quality, you have to be somewhat savvy in this area
>>
>>10884576
Any idea of comfortable shoes that fit in this realm of quality?
>>
>>10884574
I have their college sweatshirt and its great

Dont be scared if the twink models
>>
>>10884607
Mind posting a fit pic? I'm not worried about the cost of its truly quality, I'm just worried how the proportions look on a person that isn't a model, also I have a gymnast body so I'm fit but not huge
>>
>>10884579
Broad question really, I guess converse surf thr the realm of good quality, cheap and versatile but that's entirely subject to taste
>>
everything from uniqlo is great except their knitwear. amazing for basics. h&m jeans are fucking great but everything else is eh.
>>
>>10885451
>h&m jeans are fucking great
Not an h&m hater but obviously you've never had a good pair of jeans in your life
>>
>>10885569
great for the money then
>>
File: image.jpg (662KB, 1410x2000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
662KB, 1410x2000px
>>10884447
Acne isn't that cost efficient. Scandinavian brands that promote "norse lifestyle" usually have pretty nice quality and interesting cuts that keep their shape well after washing. Check their winter sales out.

COS also has a decent reputation for efficiency.

Really, it's more a matter of knowing which brands to avoid. Zara for instance offers very low quality and even though their stuff isn't super expensive, it's almost never worth it.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.