[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wardrobe from Scratch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 51887b.jpg (423KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
51887b.jpg
423KB, 960x960px
I have too many meme fits, so I'm rehauling my entire wardrobe and starting from scratch.
What timeless basics do I need, and other than that, how do I future proof my wardrobe?
>>
>>10845249
Just dress like an Akira character and you are set for a few years
>>
Just buy stuff you like and try to stick with a theme. People always tell me my clothes look great and what is my style? I don't have one I just buy what I like and try to keep a daily outfit limited to a max of 4 colors/shades as try to make it so their black/white values are similar. Effay will have you look like every other memer.

You need to know the rules to break them. But just get what you like. Personally I hate black because it takes no effort and thought to have "style". Easy to maintain and match endlessly. A black hole of black clothes. That being said I have a few black articles just because even if you try to avoid it, they come to you naturally.
>>
>>10845333
Don't fall into the dark colors trap either. I eventually ended up having nothing but dark clothes and it starts to look bad. People think you're weird
>>
>>10845344
Naa not weird just basic and boring like everyone else. Everyone wears dark colors because it's easy and it hides stains well. How many men do you see with pastel outerwear or pastel anything for that matter? A girl I know just bought me a purple overcoat and I get stopped daily to ask where I got it.

Also don't be afraid of the women's section, especially at thrift shops. Often when some clothing is super swag/patterns/floral it'll get put in there despite being a men's cut. Don't buy a bunch of clothes all at once. You can't build a real cool wardrobe that fast very likely unless you live in a great vintage city like sf /la/nyc. Very cool+original+fits you well + affordable comes by rarely. Usually it's just one or 2 at a time unless you really take your time. Usually when I go into a shop I'll buy something every 5 or so visits and it'll usually only be one thing. That's life.
>>
>>10845333
checked
>>
What do you guys do with your older fits that you don't wear anymore?
Planning to upgrade within a few months, don't know what to do with my old fits.
>>
>>10847040
>resell
>goodwill
>trade
>hand me downs
>>
>>10845333
>"try to make it so their black/white values are similar"

Do you mean the color value or the color saturation? And also, isn't that one of the main points of fashion, to create interesting contrasts between pieces? Or are you saying you should keep the value/saturation similar, and mix up the saturation/value?

Not trying to be a dick, just curious what other people think.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.