[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have to wear WHAT?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: white-dress-shirt.jpg (132KB, 1320x1616px) Image search: [Google]
white-dress-shirt.jpg
132KB, 1320x1616px
So I just started a new job doing commission based sales. Pretty basic stuff, get a little booth in a store somewhere, sign people up for credit cards, make 20 bucks per activation, blah blah blah, you know the drill. Can make good coin if you know how to sell.

Problem is, we have a strict policy that all reps have to wear a white dress shirt on the job.

White shirts to me scream BETA MALE and WAGE JOCKEY. They are what truck driving rednecks wear to court, they are the lowest common denominator of dress for people who have no idea how to dress nicely. White dress shirts are what 12 year olds wear to funerals and band recitals. No grown man should wear a white dress shirt with no jacket. Ever.

My question is, is there ANY way to make this work, Anything at ALL that can make me not look like a socially inept bumpkin?

I am dreading this new job because of this monstrosity.

>TL:DR
is there any way a white dress shirt can look good?
>>
bamp. Nobody?
>>
A white dress shirt with black pants is classic as fuck.
>>
>>10829464
Wear a jacket aswell. Ffs why are you getting your knickers in a twist over this? Upset cause you "Cant wear my sik fitz yo'". Get a grip you homo.
>>
White shirts are the shit, bro. They have to just not look cheap.

AVOID: poplin, gauze, polyester anything, tiny baby collars, forever21
COP: twill, oxford cloth, flannel, anything with a bit of texture, either linen or cotton. break up that plane of white with something interesting - like double chest pockets in interesting shapes with flaps
MAKE SURE: your neck size, sleeve length, and cuff size is correct. also tuck your shirt in if you're going to be wearing:
WEAR: jackets and possibly ties. no tweed unless you're wearing an oxford, no jeans because jeans look like shit with white shirts. get good leather shoes and good wool pants - stay away from black unless you've got high contrast features, stay away from chinos unless you've got low contrast features
>>
>>10829464
>BETA MALE and WAGE JOCKEY

How is this not appropriate?
>>
File: ocbd.jpg (266KB, 680x860px) Image search: [Google]
ocbd.jpg
266KB, 680x860px
Get an oxford cloth button down shirt. It's pretty casual so it can be worn by itself. Pair it with some slim navy chinos with medium to high-rise and cognac-colored leather belt and and similar colored non-formal dress shoes. Derbies in brogue or toe-cap flavor, or dress boots.
And put some fucking attention to the fit, that shit will fucking explode to mfa-core if you don't know what you're doing.
>>
>>10829537
>>10829549
Unfortunately I can't wear a jacket, apparently it's non flexible. Considering wearing one when working solo. Rules are for nerds

>>10829565
Some people work for a living, kid. You'll understand when you grow up.
>>
>>10829792
>kid
>I'm considering not taking a job because of the dresscode
>>
>>10829792

>kid
>getting this worked up over a white shirt

you really need to get your shit together
>>
>>10829792
>kid
>implying you won't look like a socially inept bumpkin no matter the clothing
>>
>>10829911
He does gave his shit together
He just got a job selling direct tv packages at Sams club or whatever the fuck he's doing
>>
>>10829792
>kid
>apparently has never worn a crisp white shirt in his life

either bait or chris-tier manchild
>>
>>10829968
>>10829911
OK. Maybe i didnt explain the problem.

On a most fundamental level for someone to respect your pitch they have to respect YOU, it's why pakies who just read the script never make sales.

Making a deal is a state of mind and being an entry-level pitchman living off commissions puts you at enough of a physical and mental disadvantage to begin with, minus the shitty get up. People only respect those who are attractive, entertaining and alpha male, to be persuasive you must exude all of this in the brief time frame you have to make that first impression. I know this.

At best, white shirt black pants make one at best look like a struggling stressed out alcoholic or a overworked Japanese businessman but white. At worst you look like a high school student from some flyover bumpkin town at his first job interview.

Shit is so so so hard to pull off.
>>
>>10829549
Don't hate too hard on a good polyblend. In the lower price range of white dress shirts a polyblend can lend some thickness to material, reducing wrinkling (especially sleeve wrinkles in tight cuts) and reducing transparency.
>>
>>10829792
>kid
>posting on 4chan

kid,
>>
>>10829549
I think you can wear tweed without oxfords. That said, whatever footwear you choose has to look a bit clever, a bit polished, or pointed, maybe a different colour than black (no patrick cox wannabe circa 2002 shoes; you know what I'm talking about), or else you can stray into fedora territory. Keep it a little bit "uncomfortable", for lack of a better word.
>>
>>10829792
Sorry to be the one to break this to you, but the rules have to be learned before they can really meaningfully be broken. You can't just splatter paint on canvas and become Jackson Pollock. You need to know why you're doing what you're doing or else you're gonna look like a bum.
>>
>>10830690
I used to do this job. The best salesmen didn't care about what they wore, but focussed more on their ability to communicate.
They let their charisma carry them, not what colour shirt they wore.
It doesn't matter.
If you're alpha, you're alpha, people care about you, not the clothes you wear.
By being this hung up over a shirt, you've already displayed your insecurity of your sales skills. Focus on that instead.
Have fun doing the devils work, because a percentage of your clientele will have their lives ruined by you and your 39.9% apr. :) but its your conscience, so whatever.
You'll probably be caught for fraud too, just so you know
>>
>>10830855
I meant, dress code rules not fashion rules
>>
>>10829911
Sometimes a white shirt isn't just a white shirt.
>>10829518
Matilda Kahl wears multiples of the same white shirt with black pants. It's a self-imposed uniform.
>http://www.harpersbazaar.com/culture/features/a10441/why-i-wear-the-same-thing-to-work-everday/
>>
>>10830690
>Shit is so so so hard to pull off.
>White dress shirt
>Literally the most basic piece of clothing
Come on senpai.
>>
File: inspo1.jpg (282KB, 850x1280px) Image search: [Google]
inspo1.jpg
282KB, 850x1280px
Just go with the classic look senpai
>>
>>10830790
Whenever I've worn polyblends, most of them have pilled, not allowed sweat to evaporate, or started to feel like sandpaper after a couple of washes. The not allowing sweat to evaporate is a big thing. I'd often get pimples on my back before I switched to all-natural fabrics. Maybe it's just me, but I'm never fucking going near the things again.
>>
>>10829792
Okay, jackets are out - but surely they couldn't ding you for wearing a good sweater or cardigan if it's cold outside
>>
>>10831285
I wear a cotton undershirt. problem solved. As far a fabric durability, my polyblends actually feel softer over time then my cotton shirts because of the hard water in my area. Obv, with fabirc softener that problem goes away though
>>
The juze
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.