[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

newest trend

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 9

File: gglass.jpg (74KB, 736x503px) Image search: [Google]
gglass.jpg
74KB, 736x503px
do you think that the future of fashion will be more technological or more natural?
>>
>>10813654
good kveshchion
>>
>>10813725
*question
>>
>>10813654
People from the early 20th century predicted that we'd all be wearing uniforms by now. Turns out it's been the exact goddamn opposite, even with our massive technological developments.

I think the near future will be like what Children of Men was for the year that movie was made. Very familiar but with very subtle changes that have always been changing, like lapel width, skirt heights, pant sizes etc. Maybe more trendless what with the internet. Thoughts?
>>
File: 1415996146576.jpg (85KB, 598x460px) Image search: [Google]
1415996146576.jpg
85KB, 598x460px
>>10813654
I bet on more technological. Here is why:

I expect an American/European police state revealing itself in the next 20 years, that will have internal oppression via police and law, and external oppression via globalized finance and economy. Life in this state will be closely monitored and controlled. Resiting a normalite lifestyle will make you a suspect and will get you into trouble.
My prediction for fashion: natural fashion will go underground and become part of a counter culture. Mainstream culture will be twofold: extremely varied with many short-lived trends. It will fit the consumerism, the desire for entertainment and the shallowness of following trends. Everyone will be faking individualism without substance. Because the world will be hopeless and stressful, we will see a revival of comfy, like norwegian knitwear.
All in all it will not be very futuristic since the future will not promise too much hope. Escapeism into good old memories and contemporary reworks of that will dominate.
>>
>>10813800
I mean comfy feel and look instead of futuristic, but still modern fabrics.
>>
>>10813762
I agree with what you said about the internet resulting in a lack of trends. An inter-connected world has already lead to basically the decline of proper subculture and musical genres seem to be far less static too.
>>
>>10813800
You are retarded anon. Why the fuck would they "reveal" itself, when it can work behind the curtains like right now? Humans work better in belief that they are free and history proves this - slavery was forbidden in Europe, then we also forbid serfdom and other inequalities. At the end of the day it wasn't because of muh social justice but because human nature isn't compatible with being a slave, at least knowing you are one.
>>
File: moonflare.jpg (20KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
moonflare.jpg
20KB, 450x450px
near future
>tribal prints and patterns become associated with the late 00's and early 10's and fade completely out of style.
>see the 'peak' and popularization of minimalistic/geometric influenced wear
>people will start to take the undercut too far and it will die

mid future
>people drift away from the 'old country working men' style (beards, flannel, organic, leather bound whatever, glass jars etc.) and eventually consider it a caricature of itself
>'vintage' goes out of style
>people drift towards more futuristic /feeling/ fits, I'm thinking a heavy dada influence with a very austere almost fascist edge.
>some sort of new body modification starts a craze that every one regrets after a few years
>hair styles start to become increasingly more absurd, fades become a cliche and hard shaved edges are in
>hair dye becomes incorporated into more serious fits
>tidy 10's esc minimalism becomes a lot looser and rougher.
>make up becomes less conciliatory in nature and more expressionist

All of this is the new generations' (everyone under 20) response to the old generations love of the genuine and natural. This new generation will eschew the natural and pseudo genuine for the pleasures of the synthetic. They will have an ironic appreciation for plastic bags, chemically created and infused wear and body products. Above all they will be hated and reviled by the 'old country working men'. They are the opposite, thin, chemically dependent, far more emotive, urban, and abrasive.

far future (what id like to see)
>technology makes previously impractical fits possible
>clothing becomes far more unisex
>tv shirts with .gifs looping on them become standardized

tldr; "One Word: Plastics"
>>
>>10814495

i hope the apocalypse comes before this

i think your timeline would need mid future to be at least 15-25 years out but honestly p good
>>
>>10813654
I don't really have an opinion on the matter. I just wanted to let you know that this is a good thing and you're making this website suck less. You should feel good about yourself.
>>
>>10813835
That being said, I can see really interesting things happening with Cuba and mainstream US fashion in the years to come... there'll be a lot more crosscultural influence to be sure
>>
File: 1443021491221.png (2MB, 1446x810px) Image search: [Google]
1443021491221.png
2MB, 1446x810px
>>10814495
lol at this whole ass-burger write up

it's going to be plain ass walmart clothes
>>
>>10813800
I say tech influenced. If your post is any example, tin foil hats are already beginning to come into vogue.
>>
>>10814495
I can fuck with this
>>
>>10813800
this is all pretty accurate present day desu
>>
I always enjoyed Civ BE's interpretation of clothing in the future, although it's very functional instead of fashionable, so all a bit over-militaristic, but tone it down a bit and it has some really nice patterns/textures and styles which it would be nice to see us move towards.

Of course, it won't happen. We'll just keep going through the same ugly trensd over and over from the last 80 odd years now.
>>
ok about Apocalypse Now future. But, I am asking again: don't you think that with the climate emergency new generations will make a step back in fashion and start consider the negative effects of wearing technologies?
Like in 60ies and 70ies!
>>
Both. I think as genetic science advances, it will make it's way into fashion. There could be functional applications like when winter comes, you could change your body hair genes to produce a fur coat, and I'm sure there will be plenty of ways to peacock like changing your eye and hair colors or body.
>>
>>10813800
the fuck are you? a reptilian?
>>
I really think what we will see is a large amount of minimalist/geometric designs, along with muted colors or patterns.
One of the biggest things that i can see happening is more of a militaristic influence with things like coat designs and pant designs.
Over all im thinking a kinda deus ex meets modern art kinda look, nothing that impressive or outstanding. I doubt we will really notice a change anyway, fashion is like evolution, it happens so slowly and progressively that you never realize anything has changed till you look at the past.
>>
Based on your predictions

I predict a strong increase in static electricity related injuries
>>
>>10813800
kinda seems like that's already happening
>>
>>10815488
>tin foil hats
you're an absolute pleb.
seems like questioning the establishment, which has proven time and time again that it is not to be trusted whatsoever just means you're a paranoid idiot who watches info wars.

please kill yourself... we need less people contributing to this growing dystopia
>>
is the question about emerging trends? cuz apparently heather gray is already out
beige and carcoal are gonna be everywhere in a few months, which should be interesting, because i personally don't think everybody (myself included) can pull off beige
>>
>>10813800
I honestly feel that instead of our society being closley monitored and controlled, it will be more inductive if you will. It is clear to see that the group can regulate itself just fine, without the constant intervention of a higher authority.

All the authority has to do, is constantly perpetuate its principles and narratives in a passive way just as they do now. The future wont be as violent or chaotic, but natural freedoms will most likely be stripped from the populus, BY CONSENT.

Fashion will very much still be within the hands of the consumers though, I do agree that a nostalgia for earlier times will be pervasive within the fashion community, but this is based off what I see now.

Honestly i feel with the advent of the internet, we had little to know idea how this would influence our pop culture (or lack of) right away. It was a shock that were still learning how to deal with.
Your totally right about faking indivudiualism without substance, this is already seen.
>>
>>10816399
carcoal and beige is easy to pull ofin desert places,
urban tech cities? nt so much
>>
File: 1402263187851.jpg (131KB, 500x671px) Image search: [Google]
1402263187851.jpg
131KB, 500x671px
>>10813654
I'm hoping the whole "modernized baroque" look catches on.
>>
>>10813762
I agree with this. Especially the latter part. Sub-cultures exist way less, because everyone has access to them.

I also think that we're just gonna change cuts and so forth for clothing, rather than changing the entire style completely into some crazy futuristic wardrobe.

I also believe mens wardrobe will become more "fun" in what to dress yourself in, because people have become much more accepting towards homosexuality and femininity. We're already seeing more dresses on the catwalk specifically for men. Jaden Smith is leading the Louis Vuitton female season.
I'm glad it's coming, breathe some life into the conservative male wardrobe.
>>
File: futurescumwavepls.png (1MB, 1248x998px) Image search: [Google]
futurescumwavepls.png
1MB, 1248x998px
>>10813800
you honestly think there will be secret meetings where natural fashion will be banned just because?

I think the truly troubling thought is that individuals with too much time on their hands decide to make fatalistic posts about an immament dystopia on an mongolian karp-breeding board, instead of doing something against le secret enemy.

Go form a party and become chancellor or something.

>>10816853
Also this probably. The public seems to be more interested in the fashion world lately.

I personally believe there will be a coexistance of different trends due to globalisation and the internet.
>>
>>10816873
>I personally believe there will be a coexistance of different trends due to globalisation and the internet.
Me too.

Just seems very likely, and the world has really started to focus more on clothing the past 5 eyars.
>>
>>10816881
I think this is already happening at some levels
>>
File: WG7kKOT.jpg (230KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
WG7kKOT.jpg
230KB, 500x500px
>>10816740
>>
>>10816892
I can't find an example, did you have sometihng in mind
>>
>>10817014
just looking how people dress... there is some variety in style

maybe that's always been, idk
(I'm pretty "new to fashion")
>>
>>10817320
Oh, like that. I get your point senpai
>>
>>10813800
>being this wrong
>>
File: deus-ex meme warfare.jpg (51KB, 800x400px) Image search: [Google]
deus-ex meme warfare.jpg
51KB, 800x400px
>>10816740
deus-ex-core
>>
>>10817641
>deus-ex-core
I wish :(
>>
>>10817649
shearling jackets almost look like the jacket on the guy on the far right, maybe in a decade we might see something like it :,)
>>
>>10816740
Moar
>>
>>10814495
>people drift away from the 'old country working men' style (beards, flannel, organic, leather bound whatever, glass jars etc.) and eventually consider it a caricature of itself
>and eventually consider it a caricature of itself
This entire blog desu senpai
http://carles.buzz/the-contemporary-conformist/
>>
>>10813800
we /cyber/war now
hitek lolyf
>>
>>10816740
>>10817641
Would you trust an old experienced chinese seamstress to make something like this from pictures alone
>>
>>10816740
a bit less and im in
>>
>>10817785
interesting read, i never realized the extent to which popular fashion / culture is just a reaction against suburbia (where most California faggots in their twenties - who set standards for the rest of the nation - grew up)
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.