[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best way to cut your own hair

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

File: maxresdefault.jpg (51KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
51KB, 1280x720px
fuck youtube tutorials
who has a better method for beginners?
>>
>>10800066
Don't you'll look like shit. Stop being a jew and pay the goddamn barber
>>
>>10800066
find a real barber, best money you'll spend
>>
Here's the method I've been using since I was a teenager:

1. Open your wallet
2. Pull out some money
3. Hand it to a barber

Works every time.
>>
>>10800066
w2c face ascetics ?
>>
>>10800066

Been doing it for a while now. All you need to do is invest in a decent mirror and clippers, along with guards and what not. Maybe some sheers if you plan to control volume. The rest comes with experience and technique. Just start with a high guard and work your way down to a length that your ok with. If you want to do a fade, youtube tutorials are your only hope there buddy.

Have fun with the millions of dollars you will save as a result of never going to a barber again.
>>
>Tfw cut my own hair and always fuck up the part above the ears and back of my head so it looks like absolute shit when it grows out a little bit and the difference is visible
>>
>>10800066
I visit my dad every week and a half or so and he cuts my hair. He started when I was 14 and actually good as it. I like going to him because I can tell him exactly what I want.
>>
File: tumblr_mtlihrxmX41s17emuo1_500.jpg (92KB, 500x748px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mtlihrxmX41s17emuo1_500.jpg
92KB, 500x748px
>>10800066
if you're a beginner just make sure you're comfortable with having a buzzcut. if you fuck it up you won't have many other options.

other than a buzzcut there are really only two other options - high and tight or crewcut
>>
>>10800066
go to a barber and don't fall for the cut your own hair meme
>>
>>10800066
i cut my own hair, its fine.

There are not many styles you can do, hitler youth is the easiest, trim the sides and back all the same length and use a razor blade hair trimmer for the top and just cut it until it looks good
>>
>>10800066
anon, you learn by trying.
remember, hair grows back, if you fuck up, you'll be fine in 2 weeks.
my hair has looked like shit several times before i finally got the hang of it.
>>
shave sides, trim top, that's what I always do

no visible difference especially when you apply product, i vaguely follow mike's routine in that vid
>>
>>10803401
Truth.

It's really not that hard once you get used to looking in one or more mirrors at a time and getting your hands at the right angles.

Best advice I can give, is TAKE YOUR TIME. Rush nothing, and don't commit to a cut until you're sure it's correct.

Cutting my hair used to take me like an hour at least, now I'm down around 10 minutes.

Also, don't do it high/drunk. I've made that mistake enough times to know it's never a good idea.
>>
>>10803417
ive made that mistake plenty a time.
>>
>>10801229
Millions , and millions you will surely save my friend. Nice meme
>>
File: image.png (2MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2MB, 2048x1536px
>>10801477
>>
My biggest issue is trying to cut my hair hitter youth style but not being able to fade the sides nicely, but I believe an easy way is to use hair thinking scissors(ones with all the big jagged teeth/) and just cut along the line and it should blend right?
Also do you cut your hair when it's dripping wet or slightly wet?
>>
File: image.jpg (14KB, 355x355px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14KB, 355x355px
>>10804053
Fucking auto correct, I meant hair thinning scissors
>>
>>10804027
yo that shits normal man
>>
>>10804069
Lel no, that shit looks like a chin
>>
>>10804069
god no, thats a mountain
>>
>>10800575
topkek
>>
Don't cut your hair it will look like shit. I used to cut my own hair and then I went to an expensive hairdresser and never looked back. There are just so many subtleties that you miss out on that really make the cut look good.
>>
>>10800066
>Start by washing it and letting it semi-dry.
>consider the length it is and style the way you want
>use a comb to determine the length you want off
>begin with the bangs and cut at wrist length for best results
>>
>>10804069
that's not normal, shit looks like it can pierce the heavens
normal skulls would be much more rounded here and fade into the neck better
>>
>>10800066

if you're going to cut your own hair just buzz it.
>>
How do you ask for a hitler youth without asking for a hitler youth?
>>
>>10805932
high fade undercut short back and sides
>>
File: 1451139121019.jpg (129KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
1451139121019.jpg
129KB, 500x667px
since this thread is already about cutting your own hair: how do i do pic related? can't see what's going on in back, no idea how to do the front, etc
>>
>>10805960
Now how do I ask to get a swastika shaved on the back of my head, without asking for a swastika shaved on the back of my head?
>>
>>10805987

>please shave a swiss cross on the back of my head.
>oh, but can you make each of the arms bend 90 degrees, moving in a circle?
>and make the cross itself on a 45 degree angle
>>
>>10804069
I am sure that if we were to measure his skull, there would be a clear indication of mutation.
>>
I cut my brothers' and my hair growing up. Still never been to barber. I usually do a soft uppercut these days. 1/2 inch clipper guards below the ears. You can taper up to 3/4 or keep it 1/2 until the top. To blend, I use my other hand as a height gauge. Get some hair between your fingers and pull out till it feels like the right height, then run 1/8 inch clippers over your fingers. I've gotten compliments that this type of transition looks smooth. Same for longer hair in the front, usually 1.5 to 2 inches for me. The only part you need a mirror for is your neckline and behind ears. Also afterwards, shortening very slightly just above your ears (scissors) can make a crazy difference head-on.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.