[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Barbour thread Getting a Beaufort later today.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

File: enhanced-18784-1398774862-1.jpg (128KB, 625x931px) Image search: [Google]
enhanced-18784-1398774862-1.jpg
128KB, 625x931px
Barbour thread

Getting a Beaufort later today.
>>
Back to Reddit
>>
good lad
>>
Urgghh country fashion is horrendous
>>
based farage
>>
>>10784365
If you live in Detroit, yes.
>>
Get a bedale if you're short. Beaufort is fine otherwise.
>>
>>10784347
love my bedale it is my favorite posecion

i war it always if its cold i put linen in it and its warm

i have hood also but i dont use much because it very unconfortable (it has steel bar in it :()

definitly get it it is good and only better with age
>>
anyone re-waxed their jacket? is it easy or should I just pay somebody else to do it?
>>
File: smfh.png (106KB, 800x244px) Image search: [Google]
smfh.png
106KB, 800x244px
>>10785312

>
>>
>>
>>10784347
Farage wears his age great. It says "I'm 50, mentally sharp, and I'm not having any pathetic midlife recap my youth BS"

Most 50 yo's today never handled the transition from their 80's youth culture, and either dress like senile wrecks or pedos in kids clothes. Ever since capitalists realized they could target younger people and stress older people out with youth, the stylish older people fashion has been a rarity. I hope I'll manage to find it when I get older.
>>
>>10785312
What color do you have
I don't like the black and navy ones 2bqh
>>
is farage effay?
>>
>>10785920
I do it every year. It's easy but time consuming and back breaking if you don't have a table bench to do it from.

I recommended going to hardware store and grabbing some plastic sheets and cotton rags.

Personally, I've bought one tin that was able to do my bedale twice.
>>
I have this jacket, got it ages ago for fairly cheap. However, it's too big/baggy at the waist for me. What do?
>>
>>10786034
sage. its the best color. in the beginning it is almost black but it turns into a beautiful shade of olive.
>>
>>10786408
same here, /fa/m
did you buy the hood? ive been thinking of getting it
>>
>>10786374
bring it to your seamstress and ask for a recommendation
an alteration shouldn't be that much
>>
>>10786560
I was considering this but other people I've talked to said it would ruin it. Not entirely sure why though. Is there any truth to this?
>>
>>10786570
I can't think of a reason; not every part of a jacket can/should be altered (for example, the shoulder stitching on my dress shirts were altered but my seamstress cautioned against doing the same thing to my jacket, instead only altering the cuffs of the sleeves)
just go and ask
>>
>>10786632
I've been told something about the lining inside of it as far as I remember but I'll go ask anyway, couldn't hurt. Thanks very much
>>
>>10786645
I think this is how it's made. Mine is wide at the waist too.
>>
>>10786665
What do you do about it? Layering has been suggested to me before. Or do you prefer it that way?
>>
>>10785936
lmao
>>
>>10786675
I'm quite thin in the waist area so it really showed when I first got it. But once it got a bit older and I re-waxed it once the material gets softer and it started to hang better on my body.
>>
>>10786702
I have the same problem so that's good to know. I got it in a vintage shop last year so maybe I should re-wax it soon
>>
>>10786736
Yeah, be generous with the wax as it will probably make the jacket weigh more and make it hang better. Mind you, the first few weeks after re-waxing you need to be careful as the wax will bleed out.
>>
>>10786805
Thanks for the advice, this seems to be what I was looking for
>>
>>10786556
the normal hood is really bad. dont know about the storm hood
>>
>>10788354
I personally use it when I have to. I don't think it looks all that fashionable, but it's quite useful when the weather is rubbish. If it's not too wet where you are from, then I would just skip it.
>>
>>10786811
The Bedale for example is basically made for horseback riding which is why it's probably wider in the lower part of the body for comfort.
If you are looking to pick up a new Barbour, I would suggest something from the "Lifestyle" collection which is built slimmer.
>>
>>10788691
i think only the beaufort and the bedale are still made in england. therefor get one of those
>>
>>10788695
Not sure about the Steve McQueen collection but yeah, I think you are right.
The Beaufort is made for hunting so it won't be as loose on the lower part of the body as the Bedale.
>>
>>10788695
>>10788720
None of them are made in england anymore.

All eastern europe now.

Better get in on that shit if you really want it, soon, because next they'll just be made in china like the rest of it.
>>
>>10789247
Bought a bedale a year ago and it's made in england
I think all the classic wax jackets are
>>
>>10789459
>I think all the classic wax jackets are
It's actually rather deceptive.

They all say "England" somewhere on them (usually embroidered on the upper back near the logo), but on some models the "made in ____" is in the pockets,and it's not england. It's a little tag.

I've even heard of some having a sticker that can be covered by whatever a retailer wants.

It's all lithuania or latvia or some shit now.
>>
>>10789512
>I've even heard of some having a sticker that can be covered by whatever a retailer wants.
Sorry, a sticker that can be removed with ease to hide true country of manufacture.
Most people see the "Barbour - England" embroidered on the jacket and think that constitutes the country of manufacture. It doesn't and isn't.
>>
>>10788354
Can confirm that the storm hood is much better. I had both, got them for free from Country Attire when they were allowed to ship Barbour to America. Sometimes I keep the hood on just because it's convenient.
>>
>>10789247
With the same price tag?
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.