[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

As a frugalfag who is going to invest in some pieces of outerwear

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 121214_needsupply-Sale.jpg (25KB, 429x327px) Image search: [Google]
121214_needsupply-Sale.jpg
25KB, 429x327px
As a frugalfag who is going to invest in some pieces of outerwear from norse projects , acne , apolis wings +horns Barbour and decent sneakers , can I be /fa/ if I buy shirts and jeans (will buy selvedge) from places like j crew , uniqlo, levis gap, Gitman bros , all saints , topman and h&m? I've always been told that jackets and shoes are the most important pieces of attire
>>
>>10782956
most people wouldnt tell you to buy basics from anything but j crew uniqlo etc

if i were you id definitely pay a little more for jeans because at least for me they fit better and last longer not to mention theyre more comfortable
definitely pay at least $100 on shoes tho otherwise you're going to be throwing them away too quick
>>
You need one jacket
So shop carefully and coordinate your outfits around it
A Norse Projects nunk is pretty much all you need for outerwear...that's coming from someone with 3k worth of outerwear, man
>>
>>10782956
Seconding jeans. Uniqlo selvedge is not bad per se but i'm noticing decline in quality since last year.
>>
>>10782974
It's not good either. pretty thin compared to my APCs even.
>>
>>10782962
I'd say even $100 on shoes is too little unless you find a great sale or get something used
>>
OP, save some money and wait for a sale to come around. Then go to ASOS and cop Cheap Monday jeans.

I've bought 3-4 pairs that should have run me around $320-$340 but thanks to holiday sales, I got them for a $100 some less.
>>
>>10783035
desu i would say 300 min in my books but he said he was frugal so i didnt want to make him feel bad
100 is a pretty good price point tho they're comfortable(unless its leather) and they last long enough

if anything you want to spend most on shoes and jackets because you're gonna be in pain if you cheap out on shoes and you're gonna be cold and ugly if u cheap out on jackets
plus you could always leave your jacket done up so no one could even comment on whatevers under
>>
>>10783035
>>10783056
Define/examples of said shoes. Are we talking about designer shoes?
>>
>>10783063
most things that are considered memes here actually get the job done really well
cps and mmm gats are really good for their price of ~$300 but you could be okay with adidas/nike shoes like ultra boosts, tubulars, stan smiths, etc
>>
>>10783063
No, Designer shoes tend toward $1000.
I'm talking about shoes from reputable brands that know what the fuck they're doing without charging (too much of) a premium for brand name hype.

Allen Edmonds is one on the lower end that immediately comes to mind.
>>
>>10783019
Tbh i can't stand apc, or rather their cuts just dont work for me. I had selvedge black denim which felt like thin canvas, their raws were better though but a bit on the pricier side imo, likely becayse of #hype
>>
>>10783328
Theres wuite a few smaller manufacturers for those sorta "proper" shoes. Meermin, herring, and a stuffload of "heritage" shoemakers doing stormvelt and other techniques trying to grab the lower end of the market
>>
>>10783592
I'd have suggested meermin too but I've mentioned them like 8 times in the past two days here
>>
>>10782956
I'd go so far as to say you can do 90% of your wardrobe at Target or Kmart with a little tailoring and 1 or 2 outerwear second hand from an actual designer and not shopping mall shit like norse projects or acne. Would be way cheaper and look better as well.
>>
>>10782956
just cop the jacket
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.