[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Moving to Vancouver from Toronto in a week. What are some effay

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: 1432482680668.jpg (104KB, 592x889px) Image search: [Google]
1432482680668.jpg
104KB, 592x889px
Moving to Vancouver from Toronto in a week.
What are some effay spots, bars, and shops?

I also heard they don't listen to trap and bangers.
>>
File: Vancouver_gallery_4.jpg (1MB, 1750x881px) Image search: [Google]
Vancouver_gallery_4.jpg
1MB, 1750x881px
>>10769951
Vancouvers kinda cool. Although the emerging numbers of Asian fuccbois and their grandmas from Hong Kong are eh.

Most of Down Town is effay, specifically gas town, where the best stores are Roden Gray, Neighbor, and Haven.

Overall, most people here are nice but often pretentious. People listen to all sorts of music here, and their is a hip hop scene, all though all local rappers are awful.
>>
>>10769978
True.
Love El Furn Warehouse in toronto.
Is it a fun place out west too?
>>
>>10769951
I moved to Vancouver from London. It's a pretty small place. It's nice though, lots of good beer if you like that, especially in gastown
>>
I dont live in van but go there allot and might move there soon too. Granville is all clubs and the bigger music venues. Favorite bars are all on main/gastown area and the biltmore. People wear allot of workwear denim mac demarco stuff. The eatery is kinda cool for sushi japadog i like. When I'm there I mostly eat the cheap $7 sushi deals or the $5 Vietnamese subs.
>>
>>10770051

lol Bloor or Queen senpai?
>>
Speaking of Vancouver, anyone feel that Earthquake?
>>
>>10772597
Scared the crap out of me
>>
>>10772597
>>10772635
lmao moved away from that overpriced shithole

enjoy the "big one" when it comes
>>
>>10772597
it shook my room a bit but nothing major. I'm just really hoping it doesn't happen again in my life time or at least nothing serious happens.
>>
>>10772648
I live in Wellington, NZ. How do you think I feel, they've been predicting the big one for the last 50 years.
>>
>>10769951

OP, whatever you do, don't make friends with trunks. I hung out with him, and he gave me a birthday present, but god was that ever the worst decision of my life. You might thing, HEY! He's a funny tripfag! He's legendary!

STOP. It's a trap. Don't be weak, OP. Trunks is not friend material.
>>
>go to haven the other day
>realize im a fuccboi and i dress like shit compared to their staff
>felt unworthy to touch $2000+ garments

was inspiring
>>
>>10772851
tell me more about levi

ive seen him a few times downtown/gastown and talked to him on skype but never in person
>>
>>10772867

well like, he and i bonded over the card game magic the gathering (there's another name/trip, sieg heil, who did the whole /fa/ + mtg thing too which was kinda funny), and we just generally talked about /fa/ stuff, i'd show him my fits on steam, whatever. he was generally pretty pleasant. not much like his /fa/ persona, he didn't really spend any time being a troll in our conversations, and i tried to defend him for a while when he started getting shit just as he rose to infamy because i knew he was pretty decent.

he had pretty normie views on dating and sex and relationships, though. like, normie as in pretty clueless and insensitive, he was more a chad about that stuff than most of my friends which was pretty disappointing. like, i knew i didn't really mesh with him on a serious level, he was just someone to talk to about /fa/ stuff because no one else i knew really understood. it was fun to hear him tell me about all of his recent cops, like, i kinda got the first look at his wacky and eccentric purchases. i think he told me about the mom's curtain dress before it was posted which was hilarious.

he visited before i moved out of my place, so he met my mom n shit. brought his german milsurp parka and i tried it on, was pretty hilarious. he gave me a shirt that parodied supreme, it was like "surepreme" and had a funny slogan. i wear it as pajama gear but i don't think i could work it into a fit.

but yeah, i like to have discussions about social justice stuff (in a decent way, not like a tumblr way) and i post articles to talk about with my friends, and all of a sudden he starts shitposting in the discussion. like, verbatim "hurr durr feminazi, you better not get corrupted by those social justice warriors" nonstop bullshit spewing. it was the weirdest thing. i thought he was the kind of person who was able to think independently from 4chan/reddit, but jesus did he sound idiotic. so i just unfriended him because he wasn't really worth keeping around.
>>
File: IMG_20151119_153942.jpg (2MB, 3275x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151119_153942.jpg
2MB, 3275x1920px
Been living I'm Van for a few years now.

Shameful Tiki Room is the most fun place to drink with friends. On main and like 23rd or something. Staff is fun and they have a killer secret menu.

Keefer Bar on Keefer street is excellent. Themed like an east Asian apothecary with some very exotic drinks. Great for first dates (unique intimate atmosphere, but gets busy).

The Biltmore Cabaret is a popular dance club that's hit or miss but usually hit. Good diverse crowd, not a typical grindfest, often a solid mix of danceable genres.

Barnett Park near SFU is the most gorgeous view of the city on a clear night. Again amazing for dates.

Butter Bakery is a cute local bakery that serves homemade pastries and confectionery. Inexpensive but tucked away in South Kits.
>>
>>10773004

i'm sorry man, you typed all that out only to have it be a misunderstanding of the op

you tried. we love you anyway.
>>
I liekd vancouver when i was htere a few years ago. Im from toronto too, currently living in montreal. I think youll like it there.
>>10769978
Sweatshop union is good.
>>
>>10769951
Check out Oasis Aqualounge
>>
>>10769951
Got damn those short structured dresses that look like large tees are my vice on a grill. If only girls at my uni would catch onto them
>>
>>10769951
>I also heard they don't listen to trap and bangers.

What and what?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.