[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Transition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: 1450806626597.jpg (30KB, 328x400px) Image search: [Google]
1450806626597.jpg
30KB, 328x400px
Just started trying to dress well so I am new to all this. How do you transit from one style to another (or switch from no style at all to an actual style)?
>>
Did you read the sticky?

Lurk though inspo threads, reverse image search pics that you like, find out what style you like, learn about brands/fashion staples for your preferred style, slowly build your wardrobe, ask stupid questions in fuccboi general, profit
>>
>>10753727
save money
buy on piece at a time
shit happens naturally
>>
>>10753747
I did. Did you take your medicine today? What I am trying to learn is how do you make a transition the proper way. How do you change your types of clothes without looking like you're a weirdo? I mean, just suddenly change it may feel strange. Should I do it slowly? Should I go straight /fa/ right away?
>>
>>10753748
So doing it slowly is the best thing to do? Ond piece at a time?
>>
>>10753843
not him but yeah, if you buy one piece a week , everything else should fall into place. also when first starting out, buy some subtly /fa/ stuff, don't go crazy straight away
>>
>>10753826
>>10753843
Two ritalins and a vyvanse (remember where you're posting), yeah
The benefit of going slowly is that you might realize that you aren't totally feeling a certain style.
Personally, I got into fashion by reading streetwear magazines, all of which are defunct now. But from there I learned about websites that follow brand releases and collaborations (if it's shilling, honestly, I don't give a fuck; the more I have the capacity to absorb, the better chances I have of finding a decent new article of clothing)
Subscribing to newsletters for high-end online stores is helpful too since they often cover emerging trends and new brands.

What changes have you made?
>>
File: 20151223_195932.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20151223_195932.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
>>10753864
>>10753879
Thanks a lot. I'm trying to achieve a punk/hardcore style. I'm a bit afraid of going full punk out of nothing because I have some friends who could be pretty fucking annoying and judge me as a freak. Not so worried about it tho, just don't want to shock too much. I did not buy clothes yet because Im very careful with money and I dont want to waste it. I tried some jeans jackets though and I think they look good on me (pic related).
>>
>>10753990
Punk and hardcore is easy enough to jump into
Band shirts, athletic apparel, vintage trainers, pullover hoodies
But tread lightly. Symbolism is important and you don't want to give anybody reason to think you're a Nazi or condone violence toward women, overtly masculine ideals (or musicians known for that), or adherence to straight edge. It's easy to offend and most hardcore kids are gigantic faggot SJWs
>>
>yfw you discovered all your clothes fit too big
>>
>>10753990
>take a course in fashion
>dramatic and sudden change
>boy Anon, that class is doing wonders for u
>>
>>10753990
Why the fuck do u want to willingly pose as a fucking faggot. If u like bands go see them if not don't. Stop posing u fucking bitch.
>>
>>10754014
You're right dude. But I don't want to pose or become something else. I already like punk bands and I'm into straight edge so that wont be a problem. I just want to dress as a punk which I already consider myself. Am I on the right way though? Should I buy this jacket? I want to learn everything I can.
>>
>>10754014
You're right but symbolism is not the problem. I am, in fact, a punk. I just dont dress like one and thats what Im trying to learn. Am I on the right way? Shoul I cop this jacket?
>>
>>10754014
Also, ignore the reposting. Phone fucked it up.
>>
>>10754286
>>10754274
Just be subtle about it man.
You don't want to be covered in youth crew tattoos when you're a 35 year old coke had who has to hide evidence of his allegiance to an old fad

Or have a picture taken dressed in cringey clockwork orange/Adicts/lower class brats shit, only for everybody to talk about it until the day you die
>>
>>10754274
>>10754286

you are cringy af and you are a faggot and in 3-4 years you'll understand why
>>
>>10754325
The fact that you won't acknowledge that you've been naive about clothes before is lame, bro
Having dialogue before jumping in on a wardrobe shakeup can help someone avoid a big purchase
>>
>>10753990
its fucking posers like you that ruin the punk/hardcore style
>>
>>10754352
Punk always had posers anon
Read Please Kill Me or literally any 70s zine and you'll rethink that statement
>>
punk is a fucking joke in its own roots.
you're trying to look like you're against society buying clothes made from fucking international companies with your mums money, which she hopefully gets with a job that contributes the growth of society itself.
plus you're a kid and don't know shit about how the world works, get some nice outfits and fuck chicks instead of caring about punk bullshit.
also if you just like punk/hardcore aesthetics then you just have bad taste.
i'm warning you, choose to live a nice adolescence. don't make yourself look like a faggot to everyone, including yourself in 3 years.
>>
>>10754325
>>10754352
I dont want to ruin anything and that's exactly why I want to learn something here. I'm not a poser, you know nothing about me. Calm yo tits and go punch your room's wall to make your hand hurt more than your ass.

>>10754309
Oh right man. Thanks, it was a huge help.

>>10754439
Dude, I may look like it but I'm not a kid. I know what I'm doing. I'm not trying to become punk because I already am. This is all abour aesthetics. You don't have to date me, so my bad taste won't be a bother to you.
>>
>>10753727
slowly? idk you just sorta get through. just stick to it and ignore anyone who says you dress like a wank (unless they have respectable style, but i like to think those sort of people wouldn't call you a wank), all comes in time, it's a slow transition but you'll feel comfortable soon enough
>>
>>10753727
get rid of all your old clothes (give away, put in a box, etc) and only dress in the clothes that fit your new style

you won't miss the old clothes after a while and not having them as options will force you to be more creative and learn your new style more deeply without being tempted to lazily throw things together without thinking
>>
>>10754492
Yeah, I guess it will all just be natural. I guess I'll do as you said.

>>10754505
That's another option, but most people said something similar to >>10754492. I also can't just throw away everything I've got and buy a lot of new clothes.
>>
File: 32.jpg (105KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
32.jpg
105KB, 640x640px
>>10753727
heres what helped me.

>make a playlist
>add doing it wrong by drake
>listen to it while you wear your high school clothes
>look in a mirror
>add doin it right by daft punk
>listen to it while you wear that pair of acne jeans that you really cant afford
>look in the mirror
>cry because no matter how effay you are you're still an ugly faggot.

welcome to /fa/ m8.
>>
>>10754606
tfw my siq fits will never bring her back
>>
>>10753990
you might look good with some nice clothing. you don't seem to be ugly but I cant really tell.
>>
>>10753727

How to achieve teenage Carcass aesthetic?
>>
>>10754638
I hope so
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.