[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it better to buy one unique piece, of a style that cannot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1374470901227.png (471KB, 355x590px) Image search: [Google]
1374470901227.png
471KB, 355x590px
Is it better to buy one unique piece, of a style that cannot be found anywhere else; or to buy several basics for the same price?

I'm debating between buying either 1) one beautiful pair of trousers (PIC RELATED) or 2) Buying two pairs of jeans - one blue, one black - and two pairs of shoes - chelsea boots and combat boots.

I know that value for money means obviously the second lot is worth it, but I really love the unique style of the first. Thoughts?
>>
>>10742072
If you have to ask the question, do 2).
>>
File: tw7Xr.jpg (65KB, 466x700px) Image search: [Google]
tw7Xr.jpg
65KB, 466x700px
Go for the one unique piece every time. Quality over quantity, and variety is overrated.
>>
>>10742072
this is so nice
w2c man
>>
>>10742084
not true

many small pleasures > one big pleasure
usually
>>
>>10742113
I'm sorry you never had real pleasure before :^)
>>
>>10742113
That's not the case with clothing. Wearing your grail pieces is more satisfying.
>>
>>10742072
Usually more than one pieces are more versatile and style changes over time
>>
>>10742076
>>10742113
>>10742136
you guys vs
>>10742084
>>10742121
>>10742129

not sure who to side with here. Both of you guys have good points.
>>
>>10742090
cdg parachute pants
>>
>>10742072
A unique piece every time, and one day you'll have a wardrobe full of unique pieces that are priceless.

Buy a bunch of stuff every time, and you'll have a fucktons of clothes that will take up a fuckton of space but you'll always look like everyone else.

Ultimately you should at least have the bare minimum of "average" clothing so you can function at any weather, but from then on just get whatever you like most.
>>
Make sure you have your basics locked-down before unique pieces. Then slowly incorporate unique pieces with your basics...only time you would buy unique pieces right away is if they are limited edition/you're likely not going to be able to buy it for a long time if you miss out
>>
>>10743493
over time you may want to upgrade your "basics" as well but clothes is a never ending game.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.