[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone noticed that the vast majority of designers are always

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7

Has anyone noticed that the vast majority of designers are always white or asian?

Why is this?
>>
>>10739540
>>
File: Bill.jpg (35KB, 500x377px) Image search: [Google]
Bill.jpg
35KB, 500x377px
because the lighter the skin, the more superior the race
>>
>>
We pay more attention to white and Asian designers because what they make is more up /fa/'s alley, of course. All the black designers make "urban" shit which no one on here likes.
>>
>>10739540
because they are master race of fashion
>>
File: sr-ss-1350-772x500.jpg (51KB, 772x500px) Image search: [Google]
sr-ss-1350-772x500.jpg
51KB, 772x500px
>>
>>10739540
because light skin > shit skin
>>
Race and IQ are strongly linked.
>>
File: 114103574_hedi_342027c.jpg (20KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
114103574_hedi_342027c.jpg
20KB, 620x413px
>>
>>10739540
European countries simply have the best fashion schools.

Most of Africa doesn't even have proper primary schools. That's why. But there are a handful of black designers out there, like Virgil Abloh.
>>
>>10739540
because east asians and caucasians are statistically the smartest
>>
>>10739540
Did you know most of the designers you lust over are from the Antwerp 6 or closely related to them, and the niche brands are usually japanese.

So its very seldom American, and mostly Japanese/European.

The lower tier of brands is usually Koreans biting Japanese styles. But there are low to mid tier designers like rei kawakubo who are Japanese and I'd say are at the low tier level like 3.1 Phillip lim and maybe just a notch above Alexander wang
>>
File: Virgil-Abloh-1-Featured-Image.jpg (70KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
Virgil-Abloh-1-Featured-Image.jpg
70KB, 600x400px
>>10739636
>Virgil Abloh
kek
>>
>>10739669
At least he didn't mention zamb. There are black designers its just that when they take the helm as creative directors nobody cares about the brand anymore

Relaunch of Thierry mugler was a prime example
>>
>>10739684
>There are black designers its just that when they take the helm as creative directors nobody cares about the brand anymore
Why do you think that is?
>>
>>10739684
I'm sorry I meant Balmain. I was starting at a mugler shirt sitting on my bed. Getting old as fuck.

>>10739689
In my honest opinion, I don't think any of the black fashion directors have any talent. They tend to produce gimmick its that are must haves in black culture and quickly fade away. And most of the clientele tend not to gravitate towards that type of marketing.

I mean we buy designer clothes because of the value and invest in the appearance. We don't do it so we are labeled as "that on fashion guy who is wearing over the top shit to attract attention"
>>
>>10739706
I guess thats expected from someone named sieg
>>
caucasian
>>
>>10739540
Vast majority of designers dress like absolute shit.

> hurr durr I'm a faggot too busy yelling at anorexic girls to wear a decent outfit, aren't my pieces brilliant?

All of high fashion should be destroyed. There's no discernible talent.
>>
>>10739540
not asian, japanese

korean and chink "fashion" are complete trash

japan and parts of europe are the only true fashion scenes
>>
>>10740165
>being this retarded
>>
>>10740214
> like, open your fucking eyes
>>
>>10740165
>spending time on /fa/
>hating fashion

ishiggy diggy
>>
>>10739706
sieg=poop
>>
>>10740165
>using /lit/ memes on /fa/

baka desu
>>
>>10739540
damir doma is goat
>>
H I G H I Q
I
G
H

I
Q

jews tend to be a creative bunch as well
>>
>>10739606
damn so cute
>>
>>10739660
>>10741233
The only right answers.
>>
>>10741248
ik
>>
Because whites and asians are the only ethnicities to have several first-world countries?
>>
Multiple factors, I think. To put it bluntly, most people in the fashion industry don't really give a fuck about black designers. They're barely taken seriously. Hate to say it, but there actually was some truth in Kanye's rants.

Fashion generally seems to cater mostly towards non-blacks to begin with.

Designers/fashion houses rather use black people to promote their collections than give them a say at the table. Even that Olivier Rousteign guy at Balmain is probably used more for promotion than actual design.

Really not that weird in western societies.

It especially gets laughable when you have designers talk about drawing a lot of inspiration for a collection from "Africa" and the only non-white model in their runway show is a black girl with straightened hair.

As much as I love fashion and clothes, the industry is just pretty fucked up on multiple levels. Sometimes it feels like a big circlejerk of old people trying to stay relevant (Lagerfeld).

I feel too much talent goes wasted in the industry, regardless of ethnicity.
>>
because all you've ever known are memes
>>
>>10742307
Only accurate answer. I would also add socioeconomic factors into the equation as well.

Rest are /pol/ retards that have apparently never taken a sociology 101 course.
>>
>>10742451
>sociology
>not a pseudoscience

How is your senior year of high school going?
>>
>>10742307
This

Also I imagine some cultural differences as well, plus the fact people from dirt poor countries in Africa and other places in the World don't really have access to the high fashion industry and lack the resources/further expertise to develop into a commercially viable brand.
>>
>>10742451
>lower iq
>always commit the most crimes
Trust me, if they made anything worth wearing, it would be popular. Social media has made this very possible these days.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.