[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Leather jackets

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 12

File: [email protected] (101KB, 762x1100px) Image search: [Google]
PE122J029-Q11@16.jpg
101KB, 762x1100px
Can we talk about leather jackets, /fa/?

I'm in the market for a rather cheap biker-style jacket, currently looking at pic related, a jacket by Pepe Jeans. It's a bit under 300€. It has that vintage look, I can't help but think if I should be getting one that's not vintage, and let it age on its own.

In general, what kind of leather jackets should I be aiming for? Are details like pads, straps, epaulets etc. considered hideous? Can leather jackets be /fa/ or will they make me look like a raging autist?
>>
>>10733334
>rather cheap biker-style jacket
stopped reading there

don't buy leather for under $700
>>
>>10733334

Buy 2nd hand if $400 is your price bracket.
>>
>>10733360
>>10733367
Alright guys, thanks for the advice. Any definite no's I should avoid? What should I be looking for?
>>
>>10733334
don't ever buy a leather jacket unless:
1) You're yakuza or in a gang
2) You're a biker
3) You're a model, modeling the jacket for the runway/photoshoot
>>
File: $_57.jpg (94KB, 655x937px) Image search: [Google]
$_57.jpg
94KB, 655x937px
>>10733401

If you buy 2nd hand (ebay, Vestaire Collective, etc) ask questions, ask for additional pictures and don't be afraid to go really low with offers.

You'll be the only one who knows what you like. I personally think less is more with a biker jacket but you might prefer something like pic.
>>
>>10733431
This sounds really dumb, but as a metalhead I've grown up using leather jackets, and I don't want to switch away from them just yet. I'm looking for something more "civil" this time though, that won't label me as a metalhead right away.
>>
>>10733431
I ride motorcycles and whenever I'm wearing my jacket I feel like a total cunt because of everyone wearing these around now.
>>
>>10733454
That's just too much, man.

I'm trying to find a sweet spot in the amount of details, I might be leaning towards the "less is more" side right now.
>>
I agree, less is more. I do have a soft spot for half-belt bi-swing jackets, though.

Aero Leather will forever remain out of my price range and this makes me sad.
>>
>>10733457
Sorry, forgot to mention, if you're a true 4) metalhead/rockstar,roadie,punk,crustkid, etc wearing leather jackets is also acceptable.

Rule is just no normies. Shit's too tryhard and niggas will fuck your shit up.
>>
File: [email protected] (91KB, 762x1100px) Image search: [Google]
ED022J00I-Q11@14.jpg
91KB, 762x1100px
This one's under 400 too. Are padded details /fa/?
>>
>>10733471
looks like utter shit. look into blkdnm.
>>
>>10733334
i got this one. it's easily the best jacket i've ever owned and i've owned all the usual suspects, RO, julius,obscur,bbs(shit btw),undercover(2nd best), and TOJ(decent at best)

http://clothsurgeon.com/shop/PM-Washed-Nappa-Leather-Biker
>>
>>10733475
Shit man, those jackets cost like a month's salary. Do those look like what I should be aiming at, though? Minimum details?
>>
>>10733491
That's really minimal, looks great. Good inspo. Thanks for sharing, anon.
>>
>>10733491
very nice but belts always ruin it for me. is it removable?
>>
>>10733515
wondering the same thing. looks like it'll annoy the shit out of you and get in the way. otherwise very nice.
>>
schott perfecto or nothing
>>
>>10733431
>>10733468
This. If you don't have the guts to rock a jacket with tons of hardware or details don't even bother. A leather jacket is inherently not minimalist so forget about all this minimalist shit.

Also if the jacket costs less than 700-1000 brand new the leather will be shit.
>>
>>10733551
>Also if the jacket costs less than 700-1000 brand new the leather will be shit.
second hand it is
>>
>>10733556
Unfortunately that's just the reality of buying leather products. Fast fashion and budget type stuff is in the 200-500 bracket, and entry level actual good leather starts above that in both heritage and fashion type brands.
>>
>>10733475
>>10733493
I see blk dnm recommended by a ton of fuccbois on fa but nobody has ever bought one so I'm gonna drop some pros and cons

Pros
>quality lambskin leather
>ultra slim arm holes
Cons
>huge lapels
>huge epaulets
>long as fuck sleeves

I do not recommend blk dnm if you're going for more of a simple slp-look (like most people on fa strive for)

To those people reccing blk dnm, do you even own one?
>>
>>10733570
A good workaround to the price bullshit, is to try to get one from your parents/grandparents.

Pros:
>Don't have to pay.
>If they lasted this long they're actually good.
>Probably from a good brand / a brand that wasn't utter shit in that moment.
>You just have to put skin cream on it to soften it up and done, maybe a bit of cleaning too.
>Vintage lookin'.

Cons:
>Your father never had a leather jacket/it was shit.
>Your father was a tryhard, his leather jacket is all broken.

I got a 25yo Zara leather jacket, full grain, made in denmark (Zara still wasn't buying little indian kids to do their clothes), has a bit of wear in the right shoulder from behind, but it was free shit, fits me perfectly and is of good quality.

I belive zara exclusively makes faux leather shit nowadays.
>>
>>10733892
never recommend or post here that much, but I own one since 2014 and it is the fucking best leather jacket I ever had.

>perfecto
>plenty of smartly designed pockets
>quality buttons and zippers
>nice details

>epaulets open sometimes if I have a backpack and take it off but w/e
>cost "a lot"

but yeah they can be bit bulky, am /fit/ so great cut for me
>>
>>10733951
I was really young when all my grandparents died so I didn't have a chance to browse their wardrobes for rare finds. My grandpa seemed just like the kind of person to wear a leather jacket. A shame, really.

Someday I'll buy a leather jacket so high quality I can pass it on to my children and grandchildren.
>>
>>10734045
My grandfather has one leather jacket that's over 50yo, but one of the sleeves has a cut, and it nullifies the whole jacket, that's one downside to leather.

My plan right now is to cut off both leather sleeves, while keeping the inner fabric, which is hilarious, hawaian looking flower themed red and white, putting some wool (Sweater like) sleeves on it, like some kind of letterman jacket.

It's the only thing i can think of that'd make it wearable, every other part of the jacket is really fine.
>>
>>
>>10734104
Retarded jacket, why the cowboy shits?

Also, we're talking about male jackets, and the right leather strap looks like faux or something.
>>
File: RU16S3764LCW_09_9999.jpg (557KB, 1000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
RU16S3764LCW_09_9999.jpg
557KB, 1000x1333px
Rick Stooges master-race reporting in.
>>
>>10734175
looks like shit
>>
>>10733465
maybe you should feel like a total cunt because any biker these days will tell you that synthetics are far safer than leather for riding
>>
>>10734185

Subjective.
Post your leather.
>>
don't listen to these faggots
you niggers sound like mfa
just get a fucking jacket for 50 dollars see if you like the style then save up for a real one if you want it, i have a real leather jacket and faux one and you can't see the fucking difference only good thing about the leather one is that it holds up much better after a lot of use
these fucking elitist neckbeard suck nigger dick.
these niggers remind me of 16 year old pcmasterrace elitist cancer
>>
File: n8ma8fU2oh1ta5hsto1.jpg (59KB, 500x565px) Image search: [Google]
n8ma8fU2oh1ta5hsto1.jpg
59KB, 500x565px
>>10734185
I disagree, but that's the beauty of opinions.

I feel like when it comes to leather jackets you should either go really minimal like the Stooges or go nuts on the details like pic related, one of my grails.
>>
>>10734200

>console loser detected
>720p
>30fps
>>
>>10734200
>can't tell the difference between faux and real leather
Nigga consult your local eye doctor
>>
>>10734200
you're pretty retarded and blind if you can't tell the difference between faux leather and real leather.
>>
>>10734186
maybe so, but i'm pretty sure we're here for aesthetics, not practicality. who the fuck would take a saint laurent biker jacket out riding?
>>
>>10733491
you again shill? of course your brand is the best one, gtfo
>>
>>10734175
the best, only plebs hate it
>>
>>10734202
>tfw minimal = rick stooges?
wtf? pleb internet fag learned fahunz from the interwebz
you have no concept of aesthetics or an understanding of "minimalism". poser go kill yourself.
>>
What do you guys think about this jacket, and John Elliott + co. in general for that matter.
>>
>>10734699
>>
>>10734699
i actually like this a lot
>>
>>10734699
I tried it on at Kith in brooklyn. Leather quality is amazing and the fit is really nice, zips are RiRi and heavy as fuck. If you have the money to spend it's def worth it. Try it on if you can though, ran really small for me.
>>
>>10734730
too bad the zipper isnt asymmetric. would be GOAT for the price
>>
>>10734734
nvm it is asymmetric!
>>
If you want a leather jacket, buy a pricey one cause you won't regret it. Try saving your money!
>>
File: meinjacket.jpg (327KB, 980x1306px) Image search: [Google]
meinjacket.jpg
327KB, 980x1306px
i have this 1968 USN G-1 flight jacket
it's in good shape even though its 47 years old already,only has some stitching undone,a broken button and some holes inside
i also found an embalmed frog inside one of those hole
>>
File: embalmedfrog.jpg (318KB, 1272x1284px) Image search: [Google]
embalmedfrog.jpg
318KB, 1272x1284px
>>10734785
also the bulge below is because i'm stretching it out ,otherwise it'll awkwardly bulge inwards
>>
File: 1427650272127.jpg (22KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1427650272127.jpg
22KB, 480x360px
>>10734785
>I also found an embalmed frong inside one of those holes
>>10734789
>>
>>10734734
yeah I think I'm grabbing one for Christmas, super excited
>>
>>10734810
should post pics once you get it. have an insta/tumblr
>>
Going to cop my very first leather jacket on Christmas pic related I can't wait to order it and wear it
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.